Author Topic: Can New York Arrest Donald Trump?  (Read 3138 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: Can New York Arrest Donald Trump?
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2021, 05:54:04 pm »
I agree with all of that. But then, I don't have a personal investment in people (I don't know)... That whole fanboi vibe just ain't my thing... So I will likely never understand the compulsion. Nor the social structures that support it.

I will invest in ideas and philosophies, not in princes.
You don’t understand it because you and Absolom are getting it almost all wrong.

But whatever. If it makes you feel good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2021, 06:01:24 pm »
You don’t understand it because you and Absolom are getting it almost all wrong.

I would never put @roamer_1 in the same group as Absalom because I like and respect Roamer.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2021, 06:13:13 pm »
I've heard that adage and I think it would be true here, but not over a Trump arrest, regardless of the injustice of charges against him.

When the Ds send LEOs house to house to collect guns, or they try to confiscate 401K savings, all bets are off; the metaphorical can will be opened and the metaphorical fan switched on.  Those sorts of things I can see lighting the fuse.  But not a Trump arrest.  Just my opinion.

As I mentioned earlier, I still think the $20 a loaf bread in a hyper-inflation scenario will be the most likely trigger.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2021, 06:41:40 pm »
I agree with all of that. But then, I don't have a personal investment in people (I don't know)... That whole fanboi vibe just ain't my thing... So I will likely never understand the compulsion. Nor the social structures that support it.
I will invest in ideas and philosophies, not in princes.
------------------
Intuitive and wise.
As you're well aware, it was Greeks such as Heraclitus and Pericles who asserted
that ideas were the catalyst for creative action and hardly the cult of personality.
Sadly, until we mature by learning to use the TV off button; we will continue to
be mesmerized by the likes of Trump and his fellow performers.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2021, 07:13:56 pm »
I would never put @roamer_1 in the same group as Absalom because I like and respect Roamer.
I like him as well. @Absalom is probably good guy too, if you can look past his snooty condescension.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 07:27:12 pm by skeeter »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2021, 07:24:51 pm »
As I mentioned earlier, I still think the $20 a loaf bread in a hyper-inflation scenario will be the most likely trigger.

401k's, IRA's, guns, and home confiscation will bring about an uprising as never seen before.

Hyper inflation will bring about robberies, burglaries, and other similar crimes, but the major upheaval won't happen until they start to confiscate property. With idiots paying workers $15/hr to flip a burger, it's just a matter of time before more and more people find themselves out of work.

With those two scenarios combined, all hell will break loose.  That's when I believe UN troops will be called in to assist with wealth distribution. It's been planned for quite awhile.

As for the $20 loaf a bread; time to buy and freeze breads, and purchase quantities of flour, sugar, wheat, cornmeal, yeast and rice. 

It won't last forever, but hopefully it will be enough to get some through a little bit longer.

I don't think I need to mention this, but keep preparing.  Guns, ammo, gold silver, food, water (a way to purify water), and personal hygiene items,  bandages, medicines.....
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2021, 07:33:03 pm »
@catfish1957

Same question I've asked @Cyber Liberty.  What exactly would happen if Trump were arrested?  What is the exact whoop-ass or S to HTF?  Will people riot in the streets, or will there be a nation-wide rejection of prosecutorial authority, or an organized jury nullification campaign, or secession of states from the Federal Union?

The closest thing I can figure is that R voters would insist on retribution - a round up of Ds - when next they have the Executive branch and Congressional Majorities.  But while *I* would have frog-marched most of the Ds a long time ago, the actual real-life elected Rs won't do it.

So what is it that would happen if Trump were handcuffed and perp-walked like the deranged establishment wants?

Never going to happen. Our election was stolen from under us and very few did anything and it was the DEMS that protested in order to make Trump look bad. That insurrection of course is now being investigated ... bogus investigation, giving the DEMS ample time to destroy any evidence that points their way; just like the Russian collusion investigation.

What did the appx. 75,000,000+ people do that voted for Trump?  Not a darn thing.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2021, 09:10:57 pm »

I don't see how I am getting it all wrong, when I admit I don't know how it works.

I got a little bent about what Tumpy did to Cruz, so I guess I can see a little... I actually felt a little grief when old #03 bit the wall and lost his life... But by and large I find little connection at all to personalities, nor all the twitterpation that goes along with it. I find it to be nearing some form of worship that I just do not possess. I may have been cured early on being a grip at large venues and learning what a**holes my favorite singers were in real life... Or big time movie stars and political wonks, how most of them are a**holes too when I come around to paint the house they are building.

I just hardly have a whit of that adulation thing. I judge people by their merit, and wealth and fame don't add into that at all. In fact, I usually find it to be a deficit.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 09:11:57 pm by roamer_1 »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2021, 09:15:38 pm »
As for the $20 loaf a bread; time to buy and freeze breads, and purchase quantities of flour, sugar, wheat, cornmeal, yeast and rice. 

It won't last forever, but hopefully it will be enough to get some through a little bit longer.

Yeah... if you buy it in the berry, it all mostly lasts as good as rice... Shoot, if you can figure out how to treat the chaff, whole oats are cheap in a 50# bag down at the feed store...

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2021, 09:53:54 pm »
240b wrote:
"I don't think they can. According to the article, New York can 'issue' an indictment, but it is up to Florida (DeSantis) to actually 'execute' the order."

Except that Mr. Trump isn't in Florida now, he's in New Jersey.
And the demo-communist governor there would just smile and send his troopers to take Mr. Trump into custody...

(Not sure how the Secret Service guys would react to that)

Offline libertybele

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2021, 09:58:05 pm »
240b wrote:
"I don't think they can. According to the article, New York can 'issue' an indictment, but it is up to Florida (DeSantis) to actually 'execute' the order."

Except that Mr. Trump isn't in Florida now, he's in New Jersey.
And the demo-communist governor there would just smile and send his troopers to take Mr. Trump into custody...

(Not sure how the Secret Service guys would react to that)

Trump is a resident of FL. He maybe in NJ at the time, but he is a FL resident. 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2021, 10:08:24 pm »
bele wrote:
"Trump is a resident of FL. He maybe in NJ at the time, but he is a FL resident."

Means nothing.
If there is a warrant out for one's arrest, one is SUBJECT TO arrest, wherever one happens to be at the moment.

Extradition... is another matter.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2021, 10:10:01 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

I have nine books about Trump.  It is "Too Much and Never Enough", by Mary Trump who explains the financial workings of the Trump Organization and legal cases in and out of court.  Her case against Trump is still ongoing at some level; it was put on hold while he was president.  The main accountant in the Trump Organization will be involved in whatever case makes it to court.  I have read several times that he changes the value of his properties, raises them when selling them, lowers them for tax purposes.  If true, appears to me the accountant has a problem as well as Trump.

Will he be arrested?  I read some weeks ago he was moving his operation to his New Jersey location so if arrested, it would be from there, not Florida.  I would expect he just turns himself in, posts bond, and leaves.  Hmm, that would be for a civil case; I do not know what would happen if it is a criminal case, but surely a bond could be paid for criminal case and he leaves??

Offline corbe

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2021, 10:14:25 pm »
   He'll get pardoned by comealot Harris in a plagiarized speech from the Gerald R. Ford/rodney king era.   /s
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2021, 10:15:55 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

I have nine books about Trump.  It is "Too Much and Never Enough", by Mary Trump who explains the financial workings of the Trump Organization and legal cases in and out of court.  Her case against Trump is still ongoing at some level; it was put on hold while he was president.  The main accountant in the Trump Organization will be involved in whatever case makes it to court.  I have read several times that he changes the value of his properties, raises them when selling them, lowers them for tax purposes.  If true, appears to me the accountant has a problem as well as Trump.

Will he be arrested?  I read some weeks ago he was moving his operation to his New Jersey location so if arrested, it would be from there, not Florida.  I would expect he just turns himself in, posts bond, and leaves.  Hmm, that would be for a civil case; I do not know what would happen if it is a criminal case, but surely a bond could be paid for criminal case and he leaves??

@Victoria33 I'm curious as to why he would move his operation from FL to NJ? What difference then does it make where he's arrested?

Does Mary Trump indeed have a valid case or is she simply whining because she has felt left out of the "Trump" arena?

I believe, with the exception of Eric, the rest of the Trump family has moved to FL, so I find it odd that he would move his operation to NJ.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2021, 10:31:42 pm »
@Victoria33 I'm curious as to why he would move his operation from FL to NJ? What difference then does it make where he's arrested?  Does Mary Trump indeed have a valid case or is she simply whining because she has felt left out of the "Trump" arena?  I believe, with the exception of Eric, the rest of the Trump family has moved to FL, so I find it odd that he would move his operation to NJ.
@libertybele

What I read said the big donors to his cause are in the New Jersey/New York region, not in Florida.

Yes, Mary Trump has a case.  Her father, Fred, was the brother of Donald; her father died and was part owner of their father's company.  When the father of Donald and Fred died, Mary was the beneficiary of her father and she should have inherited her father's part of the company when it was sold.  Trump cut her out.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2021, 10:34:19 pm »
@Victoria33 I'm curious as to why he would move his operation from FL to NJ? What difference then does it make where he's arrested?

Does Mary Trump indeed have a valid case or is she simply whining because she has felt left out of the "Trump" arena?

I believe, with the exception of Eric, the rest of the Trump family has moved to FL, so I find it odd that he would move his operation to NJ.

The President has not moved his operations to NJ @libertybele 

Every year Mar-a-Lago closes by May 14 ahead of the summer heat and the Atlantic hurricane season and Trump uses Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, New Jersey.  As President, if you recall, Trump used the NJ retreat location during the summer months and it became known as the Summer White House.

Please, take everthing @Victoria33 says about the President and his children with a bushel of salt.  Vicky'a hate for all things Trump is legendary.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2021, 10:39:11 pm »
@libertybele

What I read said the big donors to his cause are in the New Jersey/New York region, not in Florida.

Yes, Mary Trump has a case.  Her father, Fred, was the brother of Donald; her father died and was part owner of their father's company.  When the father of Donald and Fred died, Mary was the beneficiary of her father and she should have inherited her father's part of the company when it was sold.  Trump cut her out.

Logically, it would seem that IF she truly had a case, she would have pursued legal action long before now.

We'll see what happens.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2021, 10:41:58 pm »
The President has not moved his operations to NJ @libertybele 

Every year Mar-a-Lago closes by May 14 ahead of the summer heat and the Atlantic hurricane season and Trump uses Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, New Jersey.  As President, if you recall, Trump used the NJ retreat location during the summer months and it became known as the Summer White House.

Please, take everthing @Victoria33 says about the President and his children with a bushel of salt.  Vicky'a hate for all things Trump is legendary.

That has been my understanding. 

I do believe that they will try to arrest him and will keep him busy in and out of court and try to get him to exhaust his funds defending himself in court in order to keep him from running again.  Just my humble opinion.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2021, 11:35:06 pm »

I do believe that they will try to arrest him and will keep him busy in and out of court and try to get him to exhaust his funds defending himself in court in order to keep him from running again.  Just my humble opinion.
That's it.
And since the American Judicial System has now transformed into a purely political institution controlled by the Democrat Party, anything is possible.
There is no 'rule of law' in America anymore as we can see clearly with the red carpet treatment of Antifa/BLM terrorists, and the 'no bail' catch and release system for criminals.

Trump could have the best lawyer on Earth defending him and it would make no difference whatsoever. Because today, 'law' has nothing to do with the legal system in America. It is all about politics.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2021, 11:40:27 pm »
That's it.
And since the American Judicial System has now transformed into a purely political institution controlled by the Democrat Party, anything is possible.
There is no 'rule of law' in America anymore as we can see clearly with the red carpet treatment of Antifa/BLM terrorists, and the 'no bail' catch and release system for criminals.

Trump could have the best lawyer on Earth defending him and it would make no difference whatsoever. Because today, 'law' has nothing to do with the legal system in America. It is all about politics.

Unfortunately, you are exactly correct.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2021, 11:44:50 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

I have nine books about Trump.  It is "Too Much and Never Enough", by Mary Trump who explains the financial workings of the Trump Organization and legal cases in and out of court.  Her case against Trump is still ongoing at some level; it was put on hold while he was president.  The main accountant in the Trump Organization will be involved in whatever case makes it to court.  I have read several times that he changes the value of his properties, raises them when selling them, lowers them for tax purposes. If true, appears to me the accountant has a problem as well as Trump.

The article posted at the top of this thread makes the point that property values are not unilaterally determined by the owners, in fact the owners have little say in it.  Tax value is appraised by the taxing authority, not the owner; upon sale a third party appraiser assesses the value.

I don't put it past Trump to bend the law as far as possible, but the idea that he can manipulate the value of his properties I find non-credible.
James 1:20

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2021, 11:48:35 pm »
@libertybele

That's not a case, it's a grievance.  It detracts from her credibility because it's obviously a motive to seek some kind of revenge.
James 1:20

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2021, 01:01:03 am »
Logically, it would seem that IF she truly had a case, she would have pursued legal action long before now.

We'll see what happens.
@libertybele

New evidence came when Mary got copies of many records from an involved lawyer.  So many records it took a truck to move them.  The case could not go forward until Trump was no longer president. I'll quote some from the book when I have time and PM you with it.  I also may be able to find that on the net.

Offline corbe

« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2021, 01:13:53 am »
    @Victoria33 I'm one of the last few Briefers that would not give Trump the 'benefit of the doubt' in any financial/legal affairs BUT I think Mary has an axe to grind and it's probably legit, though her credibility is suspect, Imho.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 01:16:10 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.