Author Topic: Can New York Arrest Donald Trump?  (Read 3139 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Can New York Arrest Donald Trump?
« on: May 22, 2021, 01:46:04 pm »
May 22, 2021
Can New York Arrest Donald Trump?
By Jonathon Moseley

Leftists are fantasizing about Donald Trump being arrested, booked, and put on trial. Well, they are fantasizing about that…again.

The New York State Attorney General’s investigation of the Trump Organization is now “no longer purely civil in nature,” Fabien Levy, the spokesperson for New York Attorney General Letitia James, confirmed to Politico by email. “We are now actively investigating the Trump Organization in a criminal capacity, along with the Manhattan D.A. We have no additional comment at this time.”

It is important for political observers, cowardly-lion Republicans, patriots, and activists to know what is happening here. More ammunition and detail are needed to arm the reader properly for this latest tempest in a teapot being sold as a hurricane.

Leftists are so enthusiastic about Trump’s imminent arrest that the government of Palm Beach County is making plans to arrest the former President at his Mar-a-Lago resort in high-society Palm Beach, Florida. According to Politico,

Law enforcement officials in Palm Beach County, Fla., have actively prepared for the possibility that Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance could indict former President Donald Trump while he’s at Mar-a-Lago, according to two high-ranking county officials involved in planning sessions. Among the topics discussed in those meetings: how to handle the thorny extradition issues that could arise if an indictment moves forward.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/05/can_new_york_arrest_donald_trump.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Can New York Arrest Donald Trump?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2021, 02:07:55 pm »
I'm sure they "can," and if they do they'll be opening a can of whoop-ass on themselves, the likes of which they've never seen before.  They are not bright enough to realize it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2021, 02:12:43 pm »
Good article. I am glad I read that.
Also, it was refreshing to read someone other than myself lumping the NeverTrumps in with their obvious allies, Democrats, Communists, and Anarchists.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2021, 02:50:57 pm »
I'm sure they "can," and if they do they'll be opening a can of whoop-ass on themselves, the likes of which they've never seen before.  They are not bright enough to realize it.

I hope you're right @Cyber Liberty , but tell me how you figure that?  Seems to me they would, at most, simply lose in court, and become heroes to the established media and Ds in the process.  Fawning profiles of the fearless prosecutor, relentlessly following the evidence wherever it might lead, with the obligatory stern-faced, arms-folded photo, that sort of thing.
James 1:20

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2021, 02:53:56 pm »
I hope you're right @Cyber Liberty , but tell me how you figure that?  Seems to me they would, at most, simply lose in court, and become heroes to the established media and Ds in the process.  Fawning profiles of the fearless prosecutor, relentlessly following the evidence wherever it might lead, with the obligatory stern-faced, arms-folded photo, that sort of thing.

The frog-march bit would be the proximate cause of the whoop-ass, not the "trial."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2021, 02:56:16 pm »
The frog-march bit would be the proximate cause of the whoop-ass, not the "trial."

OK, but what would be the whoop-ass?

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2021, 03:01:50 pm »

I'm sure they "can,"
I don't think they can. According to the article, New York can 'issue' an indictment, but it is up to Florida (DeSantis) to actually 'execute' the order.

And, the indictment itself is on very shaky, if not nonexistent, grounds. They can indict the company, but to get to Trump they would have to prove that 'he personally' did something criminal which is not under cover of statute of limitations (meaning recently). I can't see it happening.

This is just bluster for CNN and MSNBC to perpetuate the propaganda that Trump is guilty of "something/anything" just as they have done for the last five years. But in the end just like all the other fake 'charges', it is not real and it has no teeth.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2021, 03:05:02 pm »
Can they?  Yes.  Will they? No.

There have been events in our country's history which triggered SHTF scenarios.  This would be one of them.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2021, 03:16:03 pm »

There have been events in our country's history which triggered SHTF scenarios.  This would be one of them.
Probably why the left is in the process of politicizing and gearing the military to use against American citizens. Not for this possibility specifically, perhaps, but for something similar.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 03:17:01 pm by skeeter »

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2021, 03:21:53 pm »

@catfish1957

Same question I've asked @Cyber Liberty.  What exactly would happen if Trump were arrested?  What is the exact whoop-ass or S to HTF?  Will people riot in the streets, or will there be a nation-wide rejection of prosecutorial authority, or an organized jury nullification campaign, or secession of states from the Federal Union?

The closest thing I can figure is that R voters would insist on retribution - a round up of Ds - when next they have the Executive branch and Congressional Majorities.  But while *I* would have frog-marched most of the Ds a long time ago, the actual real-life elected Rs won't do it.

So what is it that would happen if Trump were handcuffed and perp-walked like the deranged establishment wants?

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2021, 03:23:27 pm »
You have to give the Democrats credit and lots Kudos! I grant the Dems respect for this.
All the cowardly Republicans hid under their desks when Trump wanted to prosecute Hillary for real, obvious, documented, and very provable actual crimes. The Democrats do not have a 'coward problem'. If they wanted to prosecute and frog march the Pope himself, they would do it. And nothing would stop them.

Republicans on the other hand, are afraid of their own shadows and bow to the Democrats at every opportunity.
Remember the invisible AG Jeff Sessions? He would never ever ever ever in a million years ever prosecute any Democrat.
His whole term was a two year vacation in the Bahamas while Washington D.C. was burning down all around him.
Apparently Trump chose him out of a sense of loyalty for his support.

He was nothing but an inflatable mannequin wearing a suit and sitting behind (or under) his desk.
He was nothing, a ghost employee. A more cowardly political display I cannot recall. And Barr was no better.

Democrats ignore law, self-respect, dignity, honor, truth, and anything else to get what they want.
Democrats do not care, while Republicans cower.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2021, 03:32:11 pm »
@catfish1957

Same question I've asked @Cyber Liberty.  What exactly would happen if Trump were arrested?  What is the exact whoop-ass or S to HTF?  Will people riot in the streets, or will there be a nation-wide rejection of prosecutorial authority, or an organized jury nullification campaign, or secession of states from the Federal Union?

The closest thing I can figure is that R voters would insist on retribution - a round up of Ds - when next they have the Executive branch and Congressional Majorities.  But while *I* would have frog-marched most of the Ds a long time ago, the actual real-life elected Rs won't do it.

So what is it that would happen if Trump were handcuffed and perp-walked like the deranged establishment wants?

Good question.  The "S" could be all over the spectra.  Of course, the right might do nothing.  But the spectacle of seeing a man who who a year earlier got 70M votes being led and cuffed is probably trigger some kind of repsonse.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2021, 03:51:07 pm »
OK, but what would be the whoop-ass?

I don't know for sure.
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2021, 03:57:09 pm »
I don't know for sure.

No one ever expected the reprecussions of 5 March 1770 either. These events trigger unexpected dominoing acts that tend to build on top of each other.  But considering the electoral theft of 2020, and an already angry mass population right of center......  we are sitting a powder keg politically. 

IMO...  I think it will flash more likely due to economic turmoil as result of Biden's inept leadership.  Hyperinflation and $20 loafs of bread might just trigger it.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2021, 04:02:16 pm »
No one ever expected the reprecussions of 5 March 1770 either. These events trigger unexpected dominoing acts that tend to build on top of each other.  But considering the electoral theft of 2020, and an already angry mass population right of center......  we are sitting a powder keg politically. 

IMO...  I think it will flash more likely due to economic turmoil as result of Biden's inept leadership.  Hyperinflation and $20 loafs of bread might just trigger it.

An adage I once heard may be proved out:  When blacks riot, cities burn.  When white's riot, Continents burn.
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2021, 04:14:08 pm »

Like everything tried in the media, or in the public square, the impression is thought to be worth more than the charge. The perp walk would be the point, even if he were to skate in the end.

And BOTH sides think that way.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2021, 04:51:39 pm »
Like everything tried in the media, or in the public square, the impression is thought to be worth more than the charge. The perp walk would be the point, even if he were to skate in the end.
And BOTH sides think that way.
------------------------------
Roamer, apparently it's hopes and wishes from both Trump's friends and foes.
Trump, at 75, is going nowhere of any worth; yet his Apostles are rigidly oblivious.
Anyone hinting his name w/anything less than adoration is cursed and dammed in a raging frenzy, standard behavior from the unhinged.
It's typical of the bias of the present yet wait till he's gone, when he won't even merit a comma in the record of history.
Repeating, among our first 5 we choose Jefferson, Madison and Monroe; now we choose the likes of Trump; which says volumes about us!!!

« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 06:43:23 pm by Absalom »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2021, 04:55:12 pm »
------------------------------
Roamer, apparently it's hopes and wishes from both Trump's friends and foes.
Trump, at 75, is going nowhere of any worth; yet his Apostles are rigidly oblivious.
Anyone hinting his name w/anything less than adoration is cursed and dammed in a raging frenzy, standard behavior of the unhinged.
It's typical of the bias of the present yet wait till he's gone, when he won't even merit a comma in the record of history.
Repeating, among our first 5 we choose Jefferson, Madison and Monroe; now we choose the likes
of Trump; which says volumes about us!!!

I agree with all of that. But then, I don't have a personal investment in people (I don't know)... That whole fanboi vibe just ain't my thing... So I will likely never understand the compulsion. Nor the social structures that support it.

I will invest in ideas and philosophies, not in princes.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2021, 04:56:44 pm »
Of course they can.

If he's in New York or a state that would permit an extradition request to be executed.

Rather than that, Trump should go to New York and let them take him.   Acting like a cowardly Snowden isn't his style and would lose him support.

Arresting a current president of the United States on trumped (ahem) up charges would be great media circus and Trump thrives on that.  And it will tell us how for the Rodents will go in destroying the US for their power trip.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2021, 04:57:50 pm »
An adage I once heard may be proved out:  When blacks riot, cities burn.  When white's riot, Continents burn.

I've heard that adage and I think it would be true here, but not over a Trump arrest, regardless of the injustice of charges against him.

When the Ds send LEOs house to house to collect guns, or they try to confiscate 401K savings, all bets are off; the metaphorical can will be opened and the metaphorical fan switched on.  Those sorts of things I can see lighting the fuse.  But not a Trump arrest.  Just my opinion.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2021, 05:05:28 pm »
I've heard that adage and I think it would be true here, but not over a Trump arrest, regardless of the injustice of charges against him.

When the Ds send LEOs house to house to collect guns, or they try to confiscate 401K savings, all bets are off; the metaphorical can will be opened and the metaphorical fan switched on.  Those sorts of things I can see lighting the fuse.  But not a Trump arrest.  Just my opinion.

It will depend on what level a public spectacle that arrest is.  If they frog march him down a street with people throwing rotten vegetables on him, riots will commence.  I understand the city with Mar-a-Lago (WPB?) is prepared to extradite him...which would be a neat trick considering Trump has vacated the Florida Golf Club for hurricane season.
I will NOT comply.

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2021, 05:30:09 pm »
It will depend on what level a public spectacle that arrest is.  If they frog march him down a street with people throwing rotten vegetables on him, riots will commence.
We both know that's not going to happen.  And not because the Ds are reasonable or measured people.  That's not going to happen because they continue to maintain that "an insurrection" is brewing immediately beneath the surface; the longer a handcuffed Trump is in public the more likely it is that vigilantes in buffalo hats waving Confederate flags will ride in and free him by bashing LEOs with fire extinguishers.  If they want their photos of Trump in handcuffs it will simply be him being pushed into the back seat of a black SUV.
I understand the city with Mar-a-Lago (WPB?) is prepared to extradite him...which would be a neat trick considering Trump has vacated the Florida Golf Club for hurricane season.
The article linked at the beginning of this thread argues that a city has no role to play in extradition.  While I'm certainly no criminal defense attorney, I find that reasonable and consistent with what I do understand.  They might as well be saying that Mar-a-Lago private security is going to clap the cuffs on him personally.  I'm not denying that the local town might be doing some planning, but I suspect it will come down to the state government to decide on and complete any sort of extradition with the local yokels merely along for the ride in support.

I'm not trying to down-play the malice of the NY authorities on this; I don't doubt they are searching every statute back to the colonial era to find something, ANYTHING, they can charge Trump with.  And they might.  But manifestly this is driven by politics and personal animus.  Just like they politicized the Justice Dept and National Security agencies, and they are politicizing the military, they will politicize basic law enforcement as well.  And this sort of thing will continue getting worse and worse until the R side and the Conservatives fight fire with fire.  Too bad one of Trump's first official acts was to backpedal on "lock her up".

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2021, 05:36:06 pm »
We both know that's not going to happen.  And not because the Ds are reasonable or measured people.  That's not going to happen because they continue to maintain that "an insurrection" is brewing immediately beneath the surface; the longer a handcuffed Trump is in public the more likely it is that vigilantes in buffalo hats waving Confederate flags will ride in and free him by bashing LEOs with fire extinguishers.  If they want their photos of Trump in handcuffs it will simply be him being pushed into the back seat of a black SUV.The article linked at the beginning of this thread argues that a city has no role to play in extradition.  While I'm certainly no criminal defense attorney, I find that reasonable and consistent with what I do understand.  They might as well be saying that Mar-a-Lago private security is going to clap the cuffs on him personally.  I'm not denying that the local town might be doing some planning, but I suspect it will come down to the state government to decide on and complete any sort of extradition with the local yokels merely along for the ride in support.

I'm not trying to down-play the malice of the NY authorities on this; I don't doubt they are searching every statute back to the colonial era to find something, ANYTHING, they can charge Trump with.  And they might.  But manifestly this is driven by politics and personal animus.  Just like they politicized the Justice Dept and National Security agencies, and they are politicizing the military, they will politicize basic law enforcement as well.  And this sort of thing will continue getting worse and worse until the R side and the Conservatives fight fire with fire.  Too bad one of Trump's first official acts was to backpedal on "lock her up".

I agree with almost all of that, except I think the Rats are calculating they'll get that buffalo guy so they can grind down on dissidents even more than they are already.  Nothing is stopping them from having two Reichstag Fires.
I will NOT comply.

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2021, 05:42:10 pm »
I agree with almost all of that, except I think the Rats are calculating they'll get that buffalo guy so they can grind down on dissidents even more than they are already.  Nothing is stopping them from having two Reichstag Fires.

That's a fair thought.  In their minds they humiliate Trump AND round up deplorables.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2021, 05:44:57 pm »
That's a fair thought.  In their minds they humiliate Trump AND round up deplorables.

It's a two-fer.  That's why I think they will arrest him in the most humiliating fashion possible, like they did with Roger Stone.  There will be a hundred SWAT people "to make sure."
I will NOT comply.