Author Topic: Weingarten: CDC Should Issue Guidance That Kids under 12 Should Mask, Distance in School  (Read 547 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Weingarten: CDC Should Issue Guidance That Kids under 12 Should Mask, Distance in School

Ian Hanchett 21 May 2021

On Friday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Deadline: White House,” American Federation of Teachers President Randi Weingarten argued that in elementary schools, “we’re going to have to still keep wearing our masks and be physically distant so that we don’t have outbreaks.” And urged the CDC to issue guidance saying this for children under 12.

Host Nicolle Wallace asked, “So, Randi, what you would like is for the CDC to issue guidance saying that any child under 12 should wear a mask in school and continue to social distance, I think it’s three feet now, not six. Would that be helpful?”

Weingarten responded, “Correct.” She added, “In elementary schools, until we have the vaccines, it seems like, unfortunately, we’re going to have to still keep wearing our masks and be physically distant so that we don’t have outbreaks. Because we want to have school open.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/05/21/weingarten-cdc-should-issue-guidance-that-kids-under-12-should-mask-distance-in-school/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Show me her medical/immunology/virology degree.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Took the words out of my mouth.   :beer:

20 years from now, masks will viewed as a political tool of opression. Yes, they were needed, and helped during peak transmission times...  but we all know the truth now.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

All the better - That will keep kids out of the system and home schooling.

Online roamer_1

Took the words out of my mouth.   :beer:

20 years from now, masks will viewed as a political tool of opression. Yes, they were needed, and helped during peak transmission times...  but we all know the truth now.

Masks never did a damn thing... but otherwise, yeah.

Offline Hoodat

It is hanging on the wall right next to Heinrich Himmler's genetics degree.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Masks never did a damn thing... but otherwise, yeah.

Keeping a COVID patient from spewing droplets in a crowded area during peak transmission periods?   :pondering:  I guess we all have our own opinions.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

Keeping a COVID patient from spewing droplets in a crowded area during peak transmission periods?   :pondering:  I guess we all have our own opinions.

Yeah. Minimal effect. Have you noticed how your glasses fog up if you are wearing a mask? That's because once the mask is wet, it is easier for your exhalation to go around the mask rather than through  it... The droplets you are concerned with CAN be caught in the mask, but as finely aerosolized as it can be, much of it leaves the mask along with the exhalation - Around the sides of the mask.

A paper mask, especially used beyond it's instructed 15-20 minute interval, while it's static function as not been countered by moisture, is nearly useless.

Offline PeteS in CA

The teachers union thugs just can't resist grasping for more and more power. The tighter they squeeze, the more normal people escape from between their fingers.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.