Author Topic: White House counters with $1.7 trillion infrastructure proposal in GOP talks  (Read 209 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House counters with $1.7 trillion infrastructure proposal in GOP talks
By Morgan Chalfant - 05/21/21 02:41 PM EDT

White House officials are presenting a $1.7 trillion counterproposal to Republicans on Friday in pursuit of a bipartisan deal on infrastructure, reducing the price tag of President Biden’s infrastructure proposal by $550 billion.

“In our view, this is the art of seeking common ground,” White House press secretary Jen Psaki told reporters at a briefing Friday. “This proposal exhibits a willingness to come down in size, giving on some areas that are important to the president ... while also staying firm in areas that are most vital to rebuilding our infrastructure and industries of the future.”

The offer is still far above a price tag offered by Republicans and was received tepidly on Capitol Hill, suggesting a bipartisan compromise remains out of reach.

According to a three-page memo obtained by The Hill outlining the counterproposal, the White House is offering to reduce funding for broadband expansion to $65 billion to match a Republican offer spearheaded by Sen. Shelley Moore Capito (R-W.Va.). The new measure also reduces proposed investments in roads, bridges and other major infrastructure projects from $159 billion to $120 billion, which is still more than double the $48 billion originally proposed by Republicans.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/554788-white-house-counters-with-17-trillion-infrastructure-proposal-in-gop
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
What's the hold up, I thought Captain Dementia said all he had to do was  “simply snap my fingers” for it to occur.