Author Topic: Cruz: Schumer Doesn’t Want to Talk About Israel Crisis Because He Fears an AOC Primary Challenge  (Read 239 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Didn't  quite know whether to post this in Editorials or here -- when all else fails I post it in Politics.

Cruz: Schumer Doesn’t Want to Talk About Israel Crisis Because He Fears an AOC Primary Challenge

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) on Wednesday challenged Senate Democrats to stand up to their left-wing House colleagues, whom he said were acting as “press agents” for the Palestinian terrorist group Hamas by “parroting” its propaganda.

He criticized Majority Leader Chuck Schumer in particular, accusing him of avoiding taking a stand on the Mideast crisis for fear of antagonizing the left – and risking a potential primary challenge from Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.).

Cruz was addressing a GOP press conference on the conflict in Israel and Gaza on a day when President Biden told Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu in a phone call “that he expected a significant de-escalation today on the path to a ceasefire,” according to a White House readout.

Cruz and others at the briefing took Biden to task for that stance.

“Joe Biden’s been rapidly caving to the left this week,” said Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) “He started out by saying he supports Israel’s right to defend itself. Then it became, ‘he supports a ceasefire.’ Then his aide said, well, he talked really tough to Benjamin Netanyahu. Today he said he expects ‘a significant de-escalation’ from Israel. Joe Biden pretty soon is going to be supporting a resolution to block arm sales to Israel.”

Cruz spoke about Hamas’ deliberate tactic of firing rockets at Israel civilians while operating from among Palestinian civilians – of “locating military assets where innocent Palestinian civilians are likely to be the inadvertent targets of any act to strike back against the terrorists.”

“They use human shields, and what do the Democrats do? The Democrats act as their press agents,” he charged. “It is Hamas that is killing these human shields – and the Democrats and the press are happily parroting that propaganda language.”...........

https://cnsnews.com/article/international/patrick-goodenough/cruz-schumer-doesnt-want-talk-about-israel-crisis-because
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I predict that she'll "challenge" Schumer for his seat, regardless of what he says or does.

I made that prediction right here just after she was elected for the first time.