Author Topic: Schumer fast-tracks bill to create Jan. 6 commission  (Read 385 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schumer fast-tracks bill to create Jan. 6 commission
« on: May 20, 2021, 05:35:12 pm »
Schumer fast-tracks bill to create Jan. 6 commission
By Jordain Carney - 05/20/21 11:36 AM EDT

Senate Democrats are moving quickly to set up a vote on the House-passed bill to create a commission investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol attack.

Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) finished the fast-track process for the bill, known as Rule 14, Thursday morning.

"I just moved to place the legislation for a commission on the floor under Rule 14, and it is my intention to bring the bipartisan legislation for the Jan. 6 commission up for a vote," Schumer said from the floor.

"My Senate Republican colleagues must now ask themselves: Are they going to join us in pursuing the truth or are they going to cover for Donald Trump and his big lie?" he added.

The two-step procedure makes the bill available for a vote. Schumer hinted that he would bring it up "very soon," but did not specify the timeline Thursday.

It appears likely the vote will wait until after the Senate returns from a one-week Memorial Day recess. The Senate is currently debating a China competitiveness bill, with Schumer saying Thursday that it's his goal to wrap up that legislation "by the end of next week." That would leave little time for additional votes before senators head out of town.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/554553-schumer-fast-tracks-bill-to-create-jan-6-commission
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Re: Schumer fast-tracks bill to create Jan. 6 commission
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2021, 06:07:16 pm »
How could the Republicans join the Rodents in pursuing the Truth?

Wouldn't that mean the Rodents aren't the biggest liars in history?
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 06:21:58 pm »
I don't have a problem with it as long as we also get a Nov 3 commission.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2021, 06:30:34 pm »

I have every problem with it.

The United States Congress should not be engaged in political witch hunts.  We already know where Hillary is, no need for an organized hunting party to look elsewhere.

This so-called commission already has the report written, all that's needed is the veneer of credibility the fake Commission authorization will give it.

What should be enacted is a commission to audit the balloting in AZ, WI, PA (The asswipa trio) and MI, GA, and New Hamster, too.   Those are the real threats to the republic, the Rodents successful coup against the president of the United States, not the fake riot to prevent any official challenges to the final stages of the coup, which is what January 6 was.

Does "fast tracking" mean no filibustering?

Because if it's a straight vote, Romney is all on board to help the Senate Rodents cut the GOPs' throat.  In fact, if Schumer goes up to the podium and walks away with a big smile, I'm sure a quick check would show Romney inside the podium with a dirty napkin.

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2021, 07:20:55 pm »

The investigation will NOT be unbiased, not by any means and it will be a repeat of the bogus Russian collusion.  It will be nothing more than a mechanism to stop 45 from running again, tying his time up in court and also investigating other members of his family.  Count on it.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2021, 07:27:47 pm »
The investigation will NOT be unbiased, not by any means and it will be a repeat of the bogus Russian collusion.  It will be nothing more than a mechanism to stop 45 from running again, tying his time up in court and also investigating other members of his family.  Count on it.

Exactly.

It's not like we all haven't seen this show before.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2021, 07:27:52 pm »

I realize all of that.  But it also means that the Dems will be so preoccupied with this that they will miss out on screwing something else up.  Art of the Deal.  It also means the American people are going to grow tired of them a lot sooner when they see the nation falling apart while they continue to obsess with Trump.  The fact that they even want to have a commission means that they know their case is completely bankrupt but they still hope to find something to go on.  They won't.

If they insist on having Trump in their heads for the next two years, then by all means let them.  A commission ain't gonna be able to do squat anyway.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2021, 07:44:18 pm »
I realize all of that.  But it also means that the Dems will be so preoccupied with this that they will miss out on screwing something else up.  Art of the Deal.  It also means the American people are going to grow tired of them a lot sooner when they see the nation falling apart while they continue to obsess with Trump.  The fact that they even want to have a commission means that they know their case is completely bankrupt but they still hope to find something to go on.  They won't.

If they insist on having Trump in their heads for the next two years, then by all means let them.  A commission ain't gonna be able to do squat anyway.

Just my opinion, but they're not just going to use this to go after Trump, they will also go after, Cruz and Hawley, and others.  They want to make sure that they don't get re-elected or ensure that they lose their seats sooner rather than later.

This is about cleansing the GOP from any remotely conservative representative and they want nothing but establishment politicians like Romney remaining before they completely implode the GOPe and dismantle the electoral process before 2024.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2021, 08:11:22 pm »
I'll take my chances with Cruz and Hawley on the front line fighting the battle.