Author Topic: Ted Cruz’s Time Is Coming to Lead a Resurgent Right  (Read 20097 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Ted Cruz’s Time Is Coming to Lead a Resurgent Right
« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2021, 01:14:01 pm »
Nothing brings out reactionaries like a Ted Cruz thread.  I never understood why that is.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2021, 01:51:42 pm »
Nothing brings out reactionaries like a Ted Cruz thread.  I never understood why that is.

It's because a fair number of people still can't get past him winning the 2016 Iowa caucuses, being the last man standing against Trump during the 2016 primaries, and still holding his ground at the 2016 R National Convention.  That he would have the temerity to still be alive and kicking after "Lyin' Ted" and "Your wife is ugly" and "Rafael killed JFK" is just too much to accept.  And then he would finally have the unmitigated gall to lead the Congressional effort to audit the 2020 election so he can't be written off as a Never-Trumper, and he's even re-gaining attention as a principled, outspoken Conservative leader when he was supposed to be cast into outer darkness for all time with "Low Energy" Jeb and "Little Marco."

Trump hit with everything he had against Cruz, but Cruz is not only still alive, he's thriving, and he breaks the false paradigm of "once against Trump means always evil".  Some people just can't accept that.
James 1:20

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2021, 02:04:55 pm »
Was Barrack Hussein Obama Constitutionally qualified to be president? Is Kamala Harris qualified to be vice-president? @Houston Sam
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #103 on: May 21, 2021, 02:13:47 pm »
Was Barrack Hussein Obama Constitutionally qualified to be president? Is Kamala Harris qualified to be vice-president? @Houston Sam

Anyone born to a US Citizen parent, or on US soil, is a natural-born US citizen.  Obama's mother was a US Citizen so he is a natural-born US citizen.  I think there remain questions about his birth certificate but there is not a question about his mother's citizenship.  I have not looked into the specifics about Kamala Harris but if either parent was a US citizen when she was born or if she was born on US soil she is a natural-born US citizen.

I know you disagree with that, we've compared notes already.  I continue to respect your honest scholarship but I reach a different conclusion and I've explained why here : https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,436075.msg2424955.html#msg2424955
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 02:23:29 pm by HoustonSam »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #104 on: May 21, 2021, 02:17:52 pm »
Anyone born to a US Citizen parent, or on US soil, is a natural-born US citizen.  Obama's mother was a US Citizen so he is a natural-born US citizen.  I think there remain questions about his birth certificate but there is not a question about his mother's citizenship.  I have not looked into the specifics about Kamala Harris but if either parent was a US citizen when she was born or if she was born on US soil she is a natural-born US citizen.

I know you disagree with that, we've compared notes already.  I continue to respect your honest scholarship but I reach a different conclusion and I've explained why.
If you need ANY statutory construction ever written for your citizenship you are NOT a natural born citizen as the founders understood that term!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #105 on: May 21, 2021, 02:39:24 pm »
Again...and back on topic...I believe Cruz has the absolute ability to lead millions of courageous concervatives to unseat the liberal power grab....along with Trump and others it can be done.  In my mind neither of them will actually run for president, so that shouldn't be an issue.  I think they will catapult someone else to actually be President of the newly formed government.

Perhaps I am being overly optimistic but they both hold the brilliance in knowledge and ground game each in their own way. The element of surprise IMHO is what will win...the leftist won't see it coming.  2022 will merely be a test run.

Just my very humble opinion.

However conservatives ALL need to come together and move forward!!!   That's what keeps liberals winning - their ability to come together.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #106 on: May 21, 2021, 02:54:14 pm »
Again...and back on topic...I believe Cruz has the absolute ability to lead millions of courageous concervatives to unseat the liberal power grab....along with Trump and others it can be done.  In my mind neither of them will actually run for president, so that shouldn't be an issue. I think they will catapult someone else to actually be President of the newly formed government.

I don't agree with your prediction in bold above @libertybele ; I expect Cruz definitely to run again and I won't be surprised if Trump does as well in 2024.

As strong as I am in support of Cruz, I have to acknowledge he is missing some important intangibles in charisma and mannerism.  Even here among Conservatives he is not trusted by some.  I wish he could have the self-awareness and reflection to see this and set a different course for himself, as intellectual leader with continued opportunities in the Senate, Dept of Justice, and SCOTUS, but not POTUS.

And I think Trump should reach a similar conclusion.  He can be most effective in media, perhaps by building a platform where he and Conservatives can't be "cancelled", giving him a large megaphone.

If Trump and Cruz could work together as King-Makers, I think they could unify enough people on the right to build a powerful coalition.  But I'm afraid both egos are too large to accept being King-Maker rather than King.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #107 on: May 21, 2021, 02:55:29 pm »
Again...and back on topic...I believe Cruz has the absolute ability to lead millions of courageous concervatives to unseat the liberal power grab....along with Trump and others it can be done.  In my mind neither of them will actually run for president, so that shouldn't be an issue.  I think they will catapult someone else to actually be President of the newly formed government.

Perhaps I am being overly optimistic but they both hold the brilliance in knowledge and ground game each in their own way. The element of surprise IMHO is what will win...the leftist won't see it coming.  2022 will merely be a test run.

However conservatives ALL need to come together and move forward!!!   That's what keeps liberals winning - their ability to come together.

I find such irony in so many mindless pro-Trump bots who have are still venting their vendetta against Cruz, even though Cruz may have been Trump's  most ardent supporter at the end.  Maybe these mindless bots don't like conservatives after all.  Jujst sayin'
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #108 on: May 21, 2021, 03:29:24 pm »
@Sled Dog

I have no problem with Ted Cruz, other than he's a loser.  He should have been been more exuberant about MAGA during Pres. Trump's term.

If the next GOP Nominee isn't MAGA at his or her heart, I'm sitting it out.

But, I have faith they will be.  The 75Million voters haven't gone anywhere.  And many Democratic voters are having Buyer's Remorse.

And the Christian is supposed to welcomed the saved to their flock with joy and open arms.   That was what the parable of the Prodigal Son was all about.

But, sure, harden your hearts against Cruz because he didn't see the light earlier.   

And it doesn't matter how many Rodents rejected Biden.   The people that created all those extra ballots don't regret what they did and they're eagerly waiting to do it again and again and again, until they start getting lynched for it.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #109 on: May 21, 2021, 03:33:01 pm »
Oh, do calm down @Sled Dog  How about you email Ted and let him know he's got to man-up and bring this issue to the courts.  I'd like a ruling on whether or not someone who was born (lived and obtained citizenship) in another country with only one American parent is eligible to be President of the United States.

Because if it's okay for Rafael, it's okay for this guy:     ​

BTW, no one serving the Constitution is serving "Rodents or RINO traitors" --- so you can give this nonsense a rest.

Why does he have to bring that issue to the courts when the law is not only plainly written but there's no legal obstacle to his running for and occupying the presidency if the Rodents can be prevented from stealing the next elections forever?

Yes, if they're serving the Rodents and RINOs they're not serving the Constitution.   What's you're point?

I have no idea who the guy in the fan-belt-and-tablecloth get up is, nor am I interested what he's got up his butt to give him that weird look.

BUT.

If one of his parents was a legal US citizen who was lawfully able to confer US citizenship upon their "son"(?) when he was born, then maybe you need to read what the Fourteenth Amendment says about Equal Protection under the law?   Hmmm?

Serving the Constitution correctly is not an easy task.  Takes an American to do it right.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 03:36:01 pm by Sled Dog »
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #110 on: May 21, 2021, 03:33:31 pm »
I find such irony in so many mindless pro-Trump bots who have are still venting their vendetta against Cruz, even though Cruz may have been Trump's  most ardent supporter at the end.  Maybe these mindless bots don't like conservatives after all.  Jujst sayin'

Well, speaking as a "mindless pro-Trump bot", I have no vendetta against Cruz.  I have concerns about his ability to connect with enough Americans to win a national election and I have concerns about upending one of the most brilliant protections our Founders included in defining eligibility for President of the United States.  This protection has already taken two direct hits --- but the third for Cruz would end it.  We would no longer require our President to even be born on American soil.  This gift to the globalists is just too damn big for my comfort or support.

Why are some so tethered to this one candidate?  Are there not others with conservative track records that go beyond speeches and don't come with Ted Cruz's baggage?  Or is winning still considered to be a goal for the other guys?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #111 on: May 21, 2021, 03:34:47 pm »

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #112 on: May 21, 2021, 03:40:05 pm »

@Hoodat

Well, speaking as a "mindless pro-Trump bot", I have no vendetta against Cruz.  I have concerns about his ability to connect with enough Americans to win a national election and I have concerns about upending one of the most brilliant protections our Founders included in defining eligibility for President of the United States.  This protection has already taken two direct hits --- but the third for Cruz would end it.  We would no longer require our President to even be born on American soil.  This gift to the globalists is just too damn big for my comfort or support.

Why are some so tethered to this one candidate?  Are there not others with conservative track records that go beyond speeches and don't come with Ted Cruz's baggage?  Or is winning still considered to be a goal for the other guys?

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #113 on: May 21, 2021, 03:40:11 pm »
To anyone who plans to vote in the 2024 election:

Simple yes or no, please: If Cruz were the Republican nominee, would you vote for him?

As it stands now, I am likely to vote for Trump if he runs in the primaries, or a coin toss between Cruz and DeSantis, for now.

Any of those three gets my vote in the November election.

have to think carefully about some of the others we might be saddled with.  If the RINOs succeed in slipping one of their Democrats and Turd's clothing as the nominee, like they tried with Jeb!, then there's really no point in voting ever again.   The Never Trump trash will have won and there will be no hope for America, it's a corpse walking.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #114 on: May 21, 2021, 03:42:29 pm »
@HoustonSam

I ain't no lawyer and I don't even play one on teebee,but isn't it possible for Cruz himself to file an appeal of some sort to a court to get a legal determination of his ability to become the President of the US?

One of the few things NOBODY has ever accused him of being is stupid,so IF he was ever serious about a run for the WH,wouldn't you think he would have already done this IF he would be eligible?

Just imagine how much such a document would help his fundraising.

Since he has never done this,it leads me to believe either he can't legally become president,or he has no genuine desire to become president.

Yes, Cruz should tell the entire world he has doubts about his eligibility to meet the requirements to be President.

That would be like Biden going to the doctor to ask if he has a brain, or Lizzy Warren taking a DNA test and then showing to the world that she's whiter than a maggot, proud that she's part injun.

Why are you here discussing political strategies?

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #115 on: May 21, 2021, 03:46:51 pm »

The RINOs feel threatened by him.

The Trumpers have measured him and found him wanting in comparison to The Great One but otherwise much better than almost all of the rest of the candidate pool.

My only concerns about Cruz is that he's a lawyer and doesn't talk much about the proper role of laissez faire in government.

The Never Trumpers God No Cruzers can't bring that argument to bear because they're Principled Conservatives.   Which means they lack principles.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #116 on: May 21, 2021, 03:47:33 pm »

I'll make my judgement based upon what legislation is put forth by Republicans for a vote by the full Senate.  Anything short of that is meaningless and pointless showmanship.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #117 on: May 21, 2021, 03:49:18 pm »

The White Marxist From Kenya was most certainly not eligible.

And Kamel's butt isn't qualified to be vice-president because Donald Trump won the election in 2020.   I do believe that the requirement is that the vice-president's demented side-kick has to actually get a real majority of electoral votes by lawfully following the processes set forth by the state's legislatures.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #118 on: May 21, 2021, 03:52:35 pm »

I know you disagree with that, we've compared notes already.  I continue to respect your honest scholarship but I reach a different conclusion and I've explained why here : https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,436075.msg2424955.html#msg2424955

No.

Not "everyone born on US soil".    That certainly is not the case.  Anchor babies are not a thing allowed by the Constitution.

The parent of the child born in the US has to be under the jurisdiction of the US at the time of spawning.   And the law clearly excludes children of diplomatic services and by extension sluts spawning on the US under tourist and other visas.   It took court rulings in the 1920's to make Indians living on Indian Reservations automatic US citizens, and possibly even some legislation.    Anchor babying and spawning tourism are myths promoted by Rodents that hate America and other enemies.

And Obama's momma was not old enough to transfer her citizenship onto her spawn when she dropped him off in Kenya.  That was the law at the time.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 03:53:28 pm by Sled Dog »

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #119 on: May 21, 2021, 03:56:21 pm »

In a way.

They're united in their willingness to lie, cheat, steal and murder to gain political office, and they're united in being united in their hatred for the people stupid enough to vote for them and the people smart enough to reject them.

Their "test run" for 2022 was how easily they stole the 2018 House elections and the complete absence of complaint from the GOP victims of the theft.   It was like the RINOs didn't care that they lost control of the House because that meant they no longer had to face pressure from the Americans they too despised to support President Trump.

How does any intelligent person know the Rodents stole the House in 2020 (and by extension stole Senate seats as well)?

Easy.

On election night, 2018, the polls closed and of all the House races, 435 of them, 22 were "too close to call". 

By some miracle, EVERY SINGLE tctc election from that night came down in favor of the Rodents.   Out of 22 coin flips, all 22 came up with the buffalo's ass showing.   The mathematical odds of that happening in a fair process was 1 out of 2^22nd power, or 1 out of 4,000,000.   

Impossilble.

If the impossible outcome happens....guaranteed cheating happened...which also means that many of the other elections that weren't to close to call, were also cheated, but by large enough margins to escape detection.

Then there was the blatant theft of 2020.  Everyone knows the Big Lie is that the senile idiot somehow magically won that election, no point in covering that farce here.

But 2022 is going to be a determined repeat of 2018, and do you see the Americans doing anything to prevent the repeat steal?  I don't.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 04:03:07 pm by Sled Dog »

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #120 on: May 21, 2021, 04:08:23 pm »

I haven't seen Ted Cruz toting any baggage.   Did he work his way through college as a sky-cap at the airport?   Or perhaps he played a role in the reprise of the movie Tommy?   

I see people trying to load him up with phony baggage, some idiotic nonsense about this natural born citizen crappola, but that's only because it's not likely the people trying to weigh him down want an effective candidate against Kamel's Butt in 2024.   

What will those clowns be saying about DeSantis next?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #121 on: May 21, 2021, 04:11:15 pm »
I responded in the first place because I was truly perplexed by your comment @Hoodat
@Right_in_Virginia

This is impossible to believe considering that you and I have had this exact same conversation at least a half dozen times since 2016.

-- it made (and makes) zero sense.

It makes perfect sense to anyone with the ability to think critically and examine the facts that occurred.  Let's take these one at a time.  See if you can explain a logical explanation behind any of these that contradicts the case already presented:

• Ted Cruz was on the ground at each State convention working closely with delegates to shape GOP policy at both the State and National level while Trump stayed away, accepting whatever delegates each State party handed to him.

• When the nomination was still up in the air, the National party threw its support behind Trump to block Cruz from his threat to the GOPe.

• In Michigan, Trump and Kasich joined forces to block Cruz from important committee slots.  The purpose of this was to protect the GOP Establishment at the Convention.  When given a choice to side with Conservatives or side with the Kasich wing of the GOP, Trump sided with Kasich.

• Trump chose Paul Manafort - a GOP Establishment icon - to run his campaign.  Manafort's biggest claim to fame was to block Ronald Reagan from the GOP nomination in 1976.

• At the GOP Convention, Trump delegates (in name only) voted to consolidate power at the national level, further stripping local grass roots GOP committees of what little power they had, and rejecting every single proposal that Cruz supporters presented that would retake control of the Party away from the GOP Establishment.  Again, Trump could have delivered a crushing blow to the GOPe if he had had any control over his own delegates.  But he didn't.  His delegates were hand picked by the GOPe.

• When Trump finally took office, of all the "best and brightest" people he could have selected as his Chief-of-Staff, he chose the #1 person in the GOPe, RNC Chairman Reince Priebus.  And to top it all off, he oversees the appointment of Mitt Romney's niece as the new GOP chair.

• Suspiciously absent from any of his campaign rhetoric during the 2016 campaign prior to the last month was any talk of draining the swamp.  Sure, you heard it echoed on TOS.  But you didn't here Trump himself say it.

Trump did what he had to do to win.  That's understandable.  But don't sit here and play dumb about it.  Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.  Because it sure would have been nice to have our National GOP reflect the wishes of the local grass roots after the election night fiasco.  But that was effectively shut out at that 2016 Convention.

I Had I known my one sentence would generate a full page litany of mistruths and wishful thinking, I would not have engaged.

Please show me anything I said that wasn't true.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #122 on: May 21, 2021, 04:12:34 pm »
No.

Not "everyone born on US soil".    That certainly is not the case.  Anchor babies are not a thing allowed by the Constitution.
Actually, they are.  I would like to see that changed, but it is what it is.

The parent of the child born in the US has to be under the jurisdiction of the US at the time of spawning.   And the law clearly excludes children of diplomatic services and by extension sluts spawning on the US under tourist and other visas.   It took court rulings in the 1920's to make Indians living on Indian Reservations automatic US citizens, and possibly even some legislation.    Anchor babying and spawning tourism are myths promoted by Rodents that hate America and other enemies.
Anyone physically in the US is under the jurisdiction of the US except for those with diplomatic immunity.  If you want to argue otherwise you'll be saying that all aliens on US soil don't have to obey US law.  So the italicized portions above are correct and a helpful addition to what I had posted, the rest not so much.

Again, I'm not defending what the Constitution says about this, I think we need to change it.  I don't like the anchor baby phenomenon.  But it's not fiction driven by Ds, it's a real Constitutional thing.
And Obama's momma was not old enough to transfer her citizenship onto her spawn when she dropped him off in Kenya.  That was the law at the time.
I'm not aware of any age-of-the-mother requirement in natural born citizenship.  If you could educate me with a specific legal reference I would be grateful.

« Reply #123 on: May 21, 2021, 04:13:58 pm »
Why does he have to bring that issue to the courts when the law is not only plainly written but there's no legal obstacle to his running for and occupying the presidency

We disagree @Sled Dog .  The courts are where we go for rulings on such constitutional disputes.   :shrug:

Yes, if they're serving the Rodents and RINOs they're not serving the Constitution.   What's you're point?

What are you talking about?  Who's serving your rodents and rinos?

I have no idea who the guy in the fan-belt-and-tablecloth get up is, nor am I interested what he's got up his butt to give him that weird look.

Fascinating: You bring up butts but say you're not interested in them.   88devil

If one of his parents was a legal US citizen who was lawfully able to confer US citizenship upon their "son"(?) when he was born, then maybe you need to read what the Fourteenth Amendment says about Equal Protection under the law?   Hmmm?

Write this down, because it's the crux of the issue:  For purposes of the Presidency of the United States, Citizen is not the same as Natural Born Citizen.

Serving the Constitution correctly is not an easy task.  Takes an American to do it right.

Deep, Sled Dog.  Meaningless, but deep. 

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #124 on: May 21, 2021, 04:25:34 pm »
Actually, they are.  I would like to see that changed, but it is what it is.
Anyone physically in the US is under the jurisdiction of the US except for those with diplomatic immunity.  If you want to argue otherwise you'll be saying that all aliens on US soil don't have to obey US law.  So the italicized portions above are correct and a helpful addition to what I had posted, the rest not so much.

Again, I'm not defending what the Constitution says about this, I think we need to change it.  I don't like the anchor baby phenomenon.  But it's not fiction driven by Ds, it's a real Constitutional thing.I'm not aware of any age-of-the-mother requirement in natural born citizenship.  If you could educate me with a specific legal reference I would be grateful.

Sorry! Wrong again!

https://www.scribd.com/document/36527058/Congressional-Debates-of-the-14th-Amendment

- J. R. R. Tolkien