Author Topic: Democrat stooges: 35 House Republicans jump in to Nancy Pelosi's latest kangaroo court scheme  (Read 602 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 20, 2021
Democrat stooges: 35 House Republicans jump in to Nancy Pelosi's latest kangaroo court scheme
By Monica Showalter

In a way, it's kind of good that 35 Republicans jumped in to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's phony "9/11-style" commission on the Capitol riot of Jan. 6.

According to Axios:

The House of Representatives voted 252-175 on Wednesday to pass a bill to set up a bipartisan 9/11-style commission to investigate the deadly Jan. 6 Capitol riots.

Why it matters: Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy and GOP leadership oppose the commission, but 35 House Republicans voted in support of the bill, underscoring the fault lines within the party in the aftermath of the insurrection.

That's because now we know who they are:

Rep. Don Bacon (Neb.)
        Rep. Cliff Bentz (R-Ore.)
        Rep. Stephanie Bice (Okla.)
        Rep. Liz Cheney (Wyo.)
        Rep. John Curtis (Utah)
        Rep. Rodney Davis (Ill.)
        Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick (Pa.)
        Rep. Jeff Fortenberry (Neb.)
        Rep. Andrew Garbarino (N.Y.)
        Rep. Carlos Gimenez (Fla.)
        Rep. Tony Gonzales (Tex.)
        Rep. Anthony Gonzalez (Ohio)
        Rep. Michael Guest (Miss.)
        Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler (Wash.)
        Rep. French Hill (Ark.)
        Rep. Trey Hollingsworth (Ind.)
        Rep. Chris Jacobs (N.Y.)
        Rep. Dusty Johnson (S.D)
        Rep. David Joyce (Ohio)
        Rep. John Katko (N.Y.)
        Rep. Dan Newhouse (Wash.)
        Rep. Adam Kinzinger (Ill.)
        Rep. David McKinley (W.Va.)
        Rep. Peter Meijer (Mich.)
        Rep. Mariannette Miller-Meeks (Iowa)
        Rep. Blake Moore (Utah.)
        Rep. Tom Reed (N.Y.)
        Rep. Tom Rice (S.C.)
        Rep. Maria Salazar (Fla.)
        Rep. Mike Simpson (Idaho)
        Rep. Chris Smith (N.J.)
        Rep. Van Taylor (Tex.)
        Rep. Fred Upton (Mich.)

What a collection of jackasses.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/05/democrat_stooges_35_republicans_jump_in_to_nancy_pelosis_latest_kangaroo_court_scheme.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

I wonder how many are up for re-election in '22. I guess the GOP doesn't want the majority after all, if they did McCarthy would show some friggen b*lls and crack the whip.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I wonder how many are up for re-election in '22.

The entire House is up for reelection every even year.

Offline skeeter

The entire House is up for reelection every even year.
Yes. I guess the GOP felt they were too close to winning the House back and decided to do something about it.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Yes. I guess the GOP felt they were too close to winning the House back and decided to do something about it.

I strongly suspect that most of those 35 are actually democrats who run as republicans because democrats cannot win in their districts. Lot of that going on these days.

@skeeter @Right_in_Virginia
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Those naive petulant fools.  Nancy Pelosi invtes them to a bi-partisan kangaroo kommission, on which their party's interests will be safe, and they fall for it.

The Republicans that voted for this shall be forever known, from this point forward, as the "Fredo Caucus".  So let it be written, so let it be done.

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kasich: It’s a ‘Very Big Deal’ 35 House Republicans Voted for 1/6 Commission — ‘They Stood Against Trump’
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/05/19/kasich-its-a-very-big-deal-35-house-republicans-voted-for-1-6-commission-they-stood-against-trump/
Support the USO

Offline DefiantMassRINO

It's not that they stood up against Trump, it's that they stood with Nancy Pelosi.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
It's not that they stood up against Trump, it's that they stood with Nancy Pelosi.

Exactly!

That's just about what I said in an email to Rodney Davis, my Rep....went against his leadership...
Support the USO

Donald J. Trump
12:41pm May 20, 2021

See, 35 wayward Republicans—they just can’t help themselves. We have much better policy and are much better for the Country, but the Democrats stick together, the Republicans don’t. They don’t have the Romney’s, Little Ben Sasse’s, and Cheney’s of the world. Unfortunately, we do. Sometimes there are consequences to being ineffective and weak. The voters understand!

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/desk/desk-ecxupbx2p2/

They stood with Nancy to stand against Trump @DefiantMassRINO

This was has just begun.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline DefiantMassRINO

You don't need to stand WITH Nancy Pelosi to stand up to Donald Trump.

Nancy Pelosi does not have a non-partisan nor a bi-partisan bone in her political being.

She is the same Speaker that foisted the Affordable Care Act upon the country by 1 vote via budget reconciliation.

By agreeing with a kangaroo kommission, these Fredo Caucus Republicans are providing her the rope she shall use to hang the GOP in the 2022 elections.  She saw that Dems lost House seats in 2020.  She needs this kangaroo kommission to generate headlines that will help her keep her Speakership after 2022.  Nancy Pelosi doesn't want truth - she wants to maintain power.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
I wonder how many are up for re-election in '22. I guess the GOP doesn't want the majority after all, if they did McCarthy would show some friggen b*lls and crack the whip.

Umm...they're Congressmen, so all of them are up for re-election unless they're retiring. 
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

I strongly suspect that most of those 35 are actually democrats who run as republicans because democrats cannot win in their districts. Lot of that going on these days.

@skeeter @Right_in_Virginia

Yeah, like McStain and Romney and Murkowski in the Senate.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

You don't need to stand WITH Nancy Pelosi to stand up to Donald Trump.

Why would any of them have had to stand against the most best president since Reagan?   

What they needed to do was to stand against the Rodents.  Instead, like all RINOs, they support the Rodents.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I am disappointed but not surprised that my representative Mariannette Miller Meeks (IA-2), the one who won by 6 votes, voted for it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sled Dog

I am disappointed but not surprised that my representative Mariannette Miller Meeks (IA-2), the one who won by 6 votes, voted for it.

Now you know.

Gives you loads more time to identify the proper American to run against her in the primaries then, now doesn't it?

If she's so worried about her seat that she's willing to shill for the enemy, rather then fighting the enemy to gain more votes, she's a bad egg and must be replaced as soon as possible.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Now you know.

Gives you loads more time to identify the proper American to run against her in the primaries then, now doesn't it?

If she's so worried about her seat that she's willing to shill for the enemy, rather then fighting the enemy to gain more votes, she's a bad egg and must be replaced as soon as possible.

I've known her for years and was involved in a couple of campaigns. She's conservative, but she has this naïve thing about getting along and working toward a compromise, even though she's working with people who are unworkable.

She can literally be one of the most stubborn and rigid people I know, but like so many in the GOP as soon as the Dems start talking they want to rush up and somehow coexist with their agenda.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 12:21:19 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Slide Rule

Start referring to these people as either Democrats or Marxists. Every time a real Conservative
speaks of one of them, call them Gonzales D-OH for instance. I am an Ohio guy.

When questioned on it, say Democrat Gonzales joined Democrat thinking and support. Too bad
we don't have a Conservative or Patriot available.

If pressed on it give a non apology like I'm sorry for calling Democrat Gonzales a Democrat for
his Democrat support, too bad we don't have a Conservative or Patriot.

I wouldn't recommend this for all disagreement, but on key issues and on using a militarized
government against Conservatives.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 12:04:25 pm by Slide Rule »
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote