Author Topic: Competition, not war, with China is the future, top Marine says  (Read 320 times)

rangerrebew

Competition, not war, with China is the future, top Marine says
Philip Athey

War with China is not inevitable, but it will take an all-of-government approach to deter it, Marine Corps Commandant Gen. David Berger said Tuesday.

The Marine Corps is currently going through a massive period of experimentation and reorganization with a focus on keeping up with the “pacing threat” China poses and ultimately winning a war if one comes.

The commandant said he has spent the past decade studying China as it was adopting increasingly aggressive foreign policy goals.

“You can look at a map from 10 years ago and a map from today you can see what they are trying to do,” Berger said at an online event about the future of Marine Corps warfare held by the Brookings Institution in Washington. “We need to be in a position to hold the freedom both the seas and the airs and really all the domains.”

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2021/05/18/competition-not-war-with-china-is-the-future-top-marine-says/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Competition, not war, with China is the future, top Marine says
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2021, 09:59:40 pm »
Sumpin' tells me that China has different plans "for the future"...

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Competition, not war, with China is the future, top Marine says
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 10:11:04 pm »
Sumpin' tells me that China has different plans "for the future"...

Sumpin'  tells me that you are absolutely right!  The Chinese virus was inflicted upon the world for a reason.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.