Author Topic: House Passes Bill Establishing Commission Investigating January 6 Riots  (Read 1318 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Passes Bill Establishing Commission Investigating January 6 Riots

Sean Moranh19 May 2021

The House passed legislation Wednesday that would establish a commission to investigate the riots and protests at the Capitol on January 6.

The House passed H.R. 3233, the National Commission to Investigate the January 6 Attack on the United States Capitol Complex Act.

The bill passed 252-175, featuring strong Democrat support and some Republican support.

Roughly 35 Republicans voted for the legislation.

Prior to the vote, Republicans relayed their concerns about the bill.

Rep. Chip Roy (R-TX) said that many committees already have the infrastructure to conduct an investigation into the January 6 protests and riots.

Rep. Tim Ryan (D-OH) said on the House floor before the vote, “Benghazi. You guys chased the former Sec of State all over the country … we have people scaling the Capitol, hitting the USCP w/lead pipes across the head & we can’t get bipartisanship?”

“This is a slap in the face to cops across the country … we need two political parties in this country that are both living in reality. And you ain’t one of them,” Ryan added.

Although the bill did pass through Congress’s lower chamber, the legislation faces a higher threshold to pass in the Senate.

After House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) announced their opposition, Politico wrote that their opposition would likely embolden many Republicans to oppose the commission in the Senate.

“It’s hard to see this passing the Senate with only about a dozen Republicans voting for it in the House,” the outlet wrote Tuesday.

When McCarthy announced his opposition to the bill, he said that Democrats did not negotiate in good faith with Republicans.

“Republican requests for fair representation and an unbiased premise from which to begin such an investigation were always understood to be the starting point for bipartisan negotiations, not the end result,” the House GOP leader said in a statement, that continued:

Given the political misdirections that have marred this process, given the now duplicative and potentially counterproductive nature of this effort, and given the Speaker’s shortsighted scope that does not examine interrelated forms of political violence in America.

McCarthy said, “I cannot support this legislation.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

List of these 35 Republicans?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Bacon Republican Nebraska YEA
Bentz Republican Oregon YEA
Bice (OK) Republican Oklahoma YEA
Cheney Republican Wyoming YEA
Curtis Republican Utah YEA
Davis, Rodney Republican Illinois YEA
Fitzpatrick Republican Pennsylvania YEA
Fortenberry Republican Nebraska YEA
Garbarino Republican New York YEA
Gimenez Republican Florida YEA
Gonzales, Tony Republican Texas YEA
Gonzalez (OH) Republican Ohio YEA
Guest Republican Mississippi YEA
Herrera Beutler Republican Washington YEA
Hill Republican Arkansas YEA
Hollingsworth Republican Indiana YEA
Jacobs (NY) Republican New York YEA
Johnson (SD) Republican South Dakota YEA
Joyce (OH) Republican Ohio YEA
Katko Republican New York YEA
Kinzinger Republican Illinois YEA
McKinley Republican West Virginia YEA
Meijer Republican Michigan YEA
Miller-Meeks Republican Iowa YEA
Moore (UT) Republican Utah YEA
Newhouse Republican Washington YEA
Reed Republican New York YEA
Rice (SC) Republican South Carolina YEA
Salazar Republican Florida YEA
Simpson Republican Idaho YEA
Smith (NJ) Republican New Jersey YEA
Taylor Republican Texas YEA
Upton Republican Michigan YEA
Valadao Republican California YEA
Womack Republican Arkansas YEA
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten

Let every last one of them be primaried.
James 1:20

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Let every last one of them be primaried.

We can only hope.

Each and every one of them is an enemy of our Republic!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Thirty-five House Republicans voted Wednesday to establish a commission to investigate the riots and protests on January 6.

The 35 House Republicans who voted for the bill reportedly include:

Tom Rice (R-SC)
    Dan Newhouse (R-WA)
    Cliff Bentz (R-OR)
    Tom Reed (R-NY)
    Peter Meijer (R-MI)
    Adam Kinzinger (R-IL)
    John Katko (R-NY)
    Dusty Johnson (R-SD)
    Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA)
    Anthony Gonzalez (R-OH)
    Jamie Herrera Beutler (R-WA)
    Chris Jacobs (R-NY)
    Steve Womack (R-AR)
    Stephanie Bice (R-OK)
    Andrew Garbarino (R-NY)
    Liz Cheney (R-WY)
    David Valadao (R-CA)
    Chris Smith (R-NJ)
    Fred Upton (R-MI)
    Mariannette Miller-Meeks (R-IA)
    Rodney Davis (R-IL)
    Don Bacon (R-NE)
    Van Taylor (R-TX)
    Tony Gonzalez (R-TX)
    Mike Simpson (R-ID)
    Maria Elvira Salazar (R-FL)
    John Curtis (R-UT)
    Michael Guest (R-MS)
    French Hill (R-AR)
    David Joyce (R-OH)
    David McKinley (R-WV)
    Barry Moore (R-AL)
    Trey Hollingsworth (R-IN)
    Jeff Fortenberry (R-NE)
    Carlos Giminez (R-FL)

more
partisan legislation
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Damnit! my Rep Rodney Davis (R-IL) voted for this...I just sent him an email I hope he/staff reads it!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republican French Hill Voted for January 6 Commission to Get ‘Answers from Speaker Pelosi’

Congressman French Hill (R-AR), who voted to establish a commission to investigate the January 6th attack on the U.S. Capitol, released a statement following his vote claiming that he did so in order to get “answers from Speaker Pelosi” about security measures.

“In the days following January 6th, I called for a bipartisan commission to review the incident that occurred at our U.S. Capitol,” Hill said in a statement provided to Breitbart News. “This is why, in January, I cosponsored Rep. Rodney Davis’s proposal to establish said bipartisan commission.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/05/19/republican-who-voted-for-january-6-commission-thinks-he-will-get-answers-from-nancy-pelosi-with-it/
Support the USO

Online Polly Ticks

9999hair out0000
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline bilo

Damnit! my Rep Rodney Davis (R-IL) voted for this...I just sent him an email I hope he/staff reads it!

Please notify us if there is a Pub challenger in the primary. I know I will contribute to the challenger's campaign.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Marjorie Taylor Greene slams '9/11-style commission' into Capitol riot as a 'ruse to smear Trump': Republicans turn on 35 House GOP rebels who voted for Democrats' bill that is 'unlikely' to pass the Senate

The House passed a bill that would create a commission to investigate the January 6 MAGA riot, with a vote of 252-175
    Thirty-five Republicans defected from leadership and voted in favor of the bill that would create a bipartisan commission with subpoena power
    House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy came out against the bill Tuesday, followed by Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell on Wednesday
    Marjorie Taylor Greene, representative for Georgia, said it was designed to 'smear President Trump and his supporters for the next few years'
    'I beg you to pass this bill,' said Republican Rep. John Katko, who had negotiated with Democrats to get the bill finished
    Katko received applause on the House floor for saying the legislation was dedicated to members of the Capitol Police and their families
    Earlier, an un-official letter from some members of the Capitol Police circulated shaming Republicans for not wanting to investigate January 6 

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9597665/35-Republicans-defy-GOP-leadership-vote-January-6-commission.html
Support the USO

Online DefiantMassRINO

Those naive petulant fools.  Nancy Pelosi invtes them to a bi-partisan kangaroo kommission, on which their party's interests will be safe, and they fall for it.

It's not they stood up to Trump; it's that they stood withh Nancy Pelosi.

The Republicans that voted for this shall be forever known, from this point forward, as the "GOP Fredo Caucus".
So let it be written, so let it be done.

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Donald J. Trump
12:41pm May 20, 2021

See, 35 wayward Republicans—they just can’t help themselves. We have much better policy and are much better for the Country, but the Democrats stick together, the Republicans don’t. They don’t have the Romney’s, Little Ben Sasse’s, and Cheney’s of the world. Unfortunately, we do. Sometimes there are consequences to being ineffective and weak. The voters understand!

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/desk/desk-ecxupbx2p2/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Will this marsupial committee even bother to investigate the presence and participation of ANTIFA and BLM elements in the damage and what violence there was in the incident? Who were the agitators? Agents provocateur were present and active, and my bet is this will be covered up, not investigated at all. Who got hit with a lead pipe and why haven't w heard a peep about that? (Lead pipes are hard to find, except in the plumbing in DC, where leachate has obviously affected the cognitive abilities of the Congress).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DefiantMassRINO

The kangaroo kommission is a daily news cycle headline generating machine to distract Americans from the unpopular policies that the Dems want to implement between now and 2022 elections.

The Dems will abuse budget reconciliation to force more of their unpopular policies down the throats of this nation just as they did with the affordable care act.

Nancy's hope is that the kangaroo kommission will generate sufficient distracting headlines to act as a smoke screeen to thwart delays that would otherwise be caused by opposition to their plans.

The Dems need to force through their agenda via budget reconciliation before the 2022 elections.  The kangaroo kommission is their cover.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 06:05:34 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.