Author Topic: Nearly 20 Percent Of Seattle Police Force Quits Following Defunding And Black Lives Matter Riots  (Read 421 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Nearly 20 Percent Of Seattle Police Force Quits Following Defunding And Black Lives Matter Riots
May 19, 2021 By Gabe Kaminsky

After budget cuts and months of Black Lives Matter and Antifa rioting, Seattle’s Police Chief indicated Wednesday that nearly 20 percent of the city’s police officers have left in the past year and a half.

“The support that we had in my generation of policing is no longer there,” veteran Officer Clayton Powell told CBS News, concurring with Interim Police Chief Adrian Diaz’s assessment. More than 260 officers have quit the force since the beginning of last year.

Following the death of George Floyd, protests and riots erupted in Seattle. Amid radicals looting and attacking police, Seattle’s homicide rate spiked to a 26-year high. Nonetheless, the Seattle council attempted to slash the police department’s budget once more, but to no avail. During the particular uptick in crime, the number of deployable officers in the left-wing stronghold was about 1,200. This is the lowest since 1990.

Jason Rantz, a Seattle-based talk show host on KTTH Radio and a frequent guest on Fox News, told The Federalist that “the numbers you’re getting only tell a small part of the picture.”

“You have dozens of officers who are burning their sick and vacation time and will exit the force afterward,” Rantz said. “You have officers who are applying elsewhere and booked to turn in their equipment and uniform, which means they will be gone but haven’t yet been reported as part of the separations yet.”

more
https://thefederalist.com/2021/05/19/nearly-20-percent-of-seattle-police-force-quits-following-defunding-and-black-lives-matter-riots/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
20%?

I'm surprised it wasn't considerably more...

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Hopefully the retiring officers had the sense to take lump-sum payments and get their money out of the hands of the corrupt city and goonion officials.

And too bad it's only 20%.

Shouldn't be a white cop left on the force, nor any cop with self-respect, no matter what his color.   

The people of Seattle do not deserve to be protected, and cannot demonstrate they do until they replace their entire city council with proven Americans.

No Democrat is an American.   Nor is any RINO.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline verga

20%?

I'm surprised it wasn't considerably more...
Agreed, I would have guessed closer to 30-35%
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.