Author Topic: After A Surge In Violent Crime, Progressives Win Big In Pennsylvania’s Largest Cities  (Read 744 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Andrew Trunsky
Political Reporter
May 19, 2021 11:12 AM ET
Font Size:

Progressive candidates were victorious in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh’s Democratic primaries Tuesday night, winning races by wide margins after a yearlong surge in violent crime.

In Philadelphia, progressive District Attorney Larry Krasner cruised to a second term, beating moderate, police-backed primary challenger Carlos Vega by 30 points, even as multiple reports pointed to a potentially close race. In Pittsburgh, progressive state Rep. Ed Gainey ousted incumbent Mayor Bill Peduto by approximately seven points, making him poised to be the first black mayor in the city’s history.

Krasner, who was first elected in 2017 on a platform of criminal justice reform, told supporters Tuesday that he had kept his promises to focus on crime within the city.

“This time, they put us back in office for what we have done,” he said, according to The Philadelphia Inquirer. “Not ideas. Not promises, but realities.”

His reelection, however, was tested by Philadelphia’s spike in shootings throughout 2020. The city suffered over 2,200 shootings last year, nearly 500 of which were fatal.

The city also suffered a series of riots in late October after police fatally shot a black man yielding a knife, resulting in the deployment of the National Guard.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/05/19/surge-violent-crime-progressives-win-big-philadelphia-pittsburgh/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

It appears that the voters in the cities have no desire to change the trajectory their cities are on. But they demand police and criminal justice reform.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Philadelphia and Pittsburgh -- like other large American cities with "black cores" -- are pretty much lost and (short of a major conflagration, and I mean "nuclear grade") aren't going to be "coming back" in our lifetimes.

Amazingly, north/central PA remains quite conservative. I'd prefer it to where I am now...

Online libertybele

Philadelphia and Pittsburgh -- like other large American cities with "black cores" -- are pretty much lost and (short of a major conflagration, and I mean "nuclear grade") aren't going to be "coming back" in our lifetimes.

Amazingly, north/central PA remains quite conservative. I'd prefer it to where I am now...

We're starting to see a slow decline around here. Unbelievable, I never though it would happen.  We've been in the area 30 years.  Time to get the heck out of Dodge ... it takes $$ and finding an area to relocate to.   Then there's the issue of needing to be close to medical facilities and doctors.  Argh!!!  All my planning is being shot to heck!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline cato potatoe

Philadelphia has lost about 24% of its population, and the people who are left are not worth saving.  Much of Pittsburgh is all right.  I still would not live there --- not with the way things are trending.