Author Topic: Mark McCloskey files to run for Senate in Missouri  (Read 374 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mark McCloskey files to run for Senate in Missouri
« on: May 18, 2021, 11:34:54 pm »
Mark McCloskey files to run for Senate in Missouri
By Tal Axelrod - 05/18/21 07:08 PM EDT

Mark McCloskey, the Missouri lawyer who was seen pointing an assault rifle at Black Lives Matter protesters in St. Louis last year, launched a campaign in the Show Me State’s open Senate race on Tuesday.

McCloskey, a wealthy personal-injury lawyer, filed paperwork with the Federal Election Commission (FEC) announcing his bid and set up a campaign website to begin accepting donations.

He is expected to formally announce his campaign on Tucker Carlson’s Fox News show Tuesday evening.

McCloskey and his wife, Patricia, rose to national prominence in 2020 after video of them waving their guns at protesters outside their St. Louis mansion went viral. The two were indicted on charges of unlawful use of a weapon and evidence tampering but became a cause célèbre for Republicans, who have raised them up as an example of what they say is a use of firearms in self-defense.

The couple later spoke at last year’s Republican National Convention and even drew support from then-President Trump, who said the charges against them were “disgraceful.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/554231-mark-mccloskey-files-to-run-for-senate-in-missouri
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

Re: Mark McCloskey files to run for Senate in Missouri
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 12:45:04 am »
McCloskey didn't point an "assault rifle" at anyone. He didn't have an assault rifle. The Hill will never post the truth about anything.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 12:45:55 am by Killer Clouds »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 12:55:29 am »
Great interview with him on Tucker.  I wish him well and I hope he becomes a senator.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 03:05:33 pm »
Great interview with him on Tucker.  I wish him well and I hope he becomes a senator.

Nope!  We have WAY too many lawyers infesting the place already!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2021, 03:14:55 pm »
Amen.

We need more normal people whose first desire is to NOT become career politicians but to serve the country.

Has McCloskey proved the latter?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2021, 03:30:31 pm »

The "Law" f'd him like a tied up goat.  I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on this
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2021, 04:15:38 pm »
Amen.

We need more normal people whose first desire is to NOT become career politicians but to serve the country.

Has McCloskey proved the latter?

:yowsa: :hands: