Author Topic: Two hosts? Jeopardy! announces controversial pick, actress as permanent hosts  (Read 735 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Two hosts? Jeopardy! announces controversial pick, actress as permanent hosts

https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2021/08/11/two-hosts-jeopardy-announces-controversial-pick-actress-as-permanent-hosts-n408225

A decision has been made. The search for a replacement for the late, great Alex Trebek to host Jeopardy! has been named. It will take not one but two people to fill Trebek’s shoes. One will host the syndicated game show and the other will host a primetime spinoff show.

Jeopardy! exec producer Mike Richards will take over as the full-time host of the syndicated show. Big Bang Theory alum Mayim Bialik will host a Jeopardy! primetime spinoff series. The spinoff includes ABC’s recently announced National College Championship. Trebek’s legacy is one of professional demeanor and sticking to the game. He didn’t venture off into current events or opining with unsolicited political opinions and that made watching Jeopardy! a breath of fresh air. Both Richards and Bialik did well in their two-week tryouts, apparently.

IMO, as a long time Jeopardy viewer (including the original with Art Fleming, BTW), Trebek hit the right balance of being a personality while making the show be about the game and the players' knowledge and personalities. I saw the shows that Richards, Bialek, and others hosted. While not alone in having a similar good balance, Richards and Bialek did have it.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

This guy had it locked up ... until the producer decided to hire himself.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Richards was pretty good as host, I thought.

I really wanted to see the spot go to Buzzy Cohen, former player with a lot of pizzazz...

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
This guy had it locked up ... until the producer decided to hire himself.
No. The only people who thought Burton had a chance were the FReeper wannabes on the Internet who tried to harass their way into getting him the job even after he did poorly in his audition.

If anyone's been paying attention, Richards was actually one of the better hosts among the guests, and since he's already on the show's staff and doesn't have any major scheduling conflicts (the main issue with a lot of the guest hosts), he was the easy choice. I'm glad they're giving Bialik some spin-off shows, too: not only did she have a strong resume for the position, but she did well with her audition, and this would also allow her to pursue other projects (much in the same way Ken Jennings is appearing in other game shows).

Naturally on social media there is some character assassination going on because they dared hire someone who wasn't LeVar Burton. It's pathetic, and a sign of how crass our country has become that we can't even accept the choice to host a flipping game show. It's not like they chose Al Franken, for crying out loud!

(For the record, Richards didn't hire himself, the Japanese higher-ups at Sony hired him. Much in the same way that Alex Trebek was also host and producer, hired by Merv Griffin, for his first few years.)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 03:13:01 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline berdie

I agree @jmyrlefuller . I think the two picks did an excellent job. I also liked KenJen (of course) and that CNBC guy that was on before Joe Buck.

LeVar just wasn't the right fit, imho. And to his detriment, his fan base hurt him with the hype.

I'm good with the picks even though neither will fill the spot as well as Alex....or Art Fleming. I've watched this show since I was a kid.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 08:14:04 pm by berdie »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
LeVar Burton Fans Devastated He Was Passed Over as New ‘Jeopardy!’ Host

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/levar-burton-fans-devastated-passed-184916892.html)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 01:37:10 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Well, that didn't last. Apparently the harpies harassed him enough that he quit after one week.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-reviews/mike-richards-jeopardy-host-out-1234999713/
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Well, that didn't last. Apparently the harpies harassed him enough that he quit after one week.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-reviews/mike-richards-jeopardy-host-out-1234999713/

Yup he folded under the weight of the spark of the high heeled woke.  What a pu$$y
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.