General Category > Archaeology

Minoan Language Linear A Linked to Linear B in Groundbreaking New Research

(1/3) > >>

PeteS in CA:
Minoan Language Linear A Linked to Linear B in Groundbreaking New Research

https://greekreporter.com/2021/05/13/minoan-language-linear-a-linked-to-linear-b-in-groundbreaking-new-research/

--- Quote ---The Minoan language known as “Linear A” may finally be deciphered with the help of the internet, which can be used to uncover previously-hidden links to the much-better understood Linear B language, which developed later in the prehistoric period.

The puzzle of Linear A has tormented linguists for many decades, as they attempted to link it somehow to Linear B, which was translated successfully for the first time in the 1950s. Linear B was used on the Greek mainland and Crete 50-150 years later than Linear A.
--- End quote ---

These two languages and writing are from the Bronze Age Minoan (Crete) and Mycenaean (Greece) civilizations. The Mycenaean civilization preceded those who became the classical Greek civilization.

sneakypete:
Sure wish I had even the tiniest inkling what this means and why it is important.

Probably.

Cyber Liberty:
This is cool beans!  So now I only have to ignore one Minoan language instead of two, from people who haven't the common decency to spreek English!

libertybele:
Ok then.  Got it.  *****rollingeyes*****

skeeter:

--- Quote from: sneakypete on May 18, 2021, 01:15:35 am ---Sure wish I had even the tiniest inkling what this means and why it is important.

Probably.

--- End quote ---
You'll wish youd learned Minoan language Linear A the next time your find yourself on Crete trapped in the labyrinth with the Minotaur chewing on your leg.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version