Author Topic: Hutchinson: ‘We Should Not’ Make Trump the Leader of Our Party — He ‘Lost the Election’  (Read 467 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hutchinson: ‘We Should Not’ Make Trump the Leader of Our Party — He ‘Lost the Election’

Pam Key 17 May 2021

Governor Asa Hutchinson (R-AK) said Monday on ABC’s “The View” said former President Donald Trump should not be the leader of the Republican Party.

Co-host Joy Behar asked, “Liz Cheney was removed from Republican leadership by an overwhelming vote in the House last week. You were a vocal defender of hers, saying she shouldn’t be ousted. Kevin McCarthy insists the GOP is a big tent party that email embraces free thought and debate. When you see what happened to Liz Cheney, what does that say to you as who has a place in the Republican Party? Do you question your own place there now?

Hutchinson said, “No, I don’t question my place in the Republican Party. I’ve been fighting for the Republican Party for over 40 years, which dates me a little bit.”

He continued, “In terms of Liz Cheney, I know they did not want to have somebody outside the tent always talking about the election of January 6, but the fact is everyone in America sees this as a punitive measure for someone speaking their conscience, and that’s not good. Secondly, it looks like the former president is directing who can serve in leadership, and that’s not good.”

Hutchinson added, “There’s multiple voices that represent the Republican Party today. We should not de facto make the former president as the guardian of our party or the leader of our party. There’s many different voices out there. I want to be one. Liz Cheney is certainly one. So we need to be united in the next election. We need to win in 2022, and to do that, we have to come together, and we have to come together around principles and not simply a personality.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/05/17/hutchinson-we-should-not-make-trump-the-leader-of-our-party-he-lost-the-election/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Okay, when you get 75,000,000 votes, we'll listen.  *****rollingeyes*****
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

Anyone who thinks the whole Trump thing is about a "personality" and not about principle is either dishonest or as stupid as hell.

Making it about personality is simply a means to demean those who aren't supporting who you think they should support.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 07:49:10 pm by skeeter »

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
There some reason why we should talk to a loser who couldn't sign a boys-are-boys, girls-are-girls bill?
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
The deep staters are really reaching, and what you are seeing is how desperate they are, and even nobodies are being used to try and push the agendas.  Welcome to the brick wall lil Georgie!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions