General Category > Editorial/Opinion/Blogs

Jonathan Turley: Prince Harry and 'bonkers' First Amendment – take this threat to free speech seriou

(1/1)

mystery-ak:
Jonathan Turley: Prince Harry and 'bonkers' First Amendment – take this threat to free speech seriously
Harry and Meghan Markle are joining a growing anti-free speech movement in the US

The media went into a frenzy this weekend when the bonny Prince Harry gave a huge harrumph to the First Amendment.

On a show appropriately called the "Armchair Expert," Harry declared the First Amendment "bonkers" and expressed frustration about how it protects the media in its "feeding frenzy" over his life. Harry’s criticism of the First Amendment can be dismissed as the unfamiliarity of a royal refugee. However, it is actually far more serious than that.

Harry and his American wife Meghan Markle have attacked media rights in England and succeeded under the laws of the United Kingdom. They are now joining a growing anti-free speech movement in the United States.

It was a surprise for many to hear Harry lash out at the First Amendment. After all, Harry and Meghan are so woke, they are virtual insomniacs. However, that is the point. The First Amendment no longer holds the inviolate position it once did with the left.

Indeed, the First Amendment is now more often treated as a danger than a guarantee to a fair and just society. Experts have explained how to evade its limitations to silence others. They have found precisely what Harry discussed in the interview when he noted "you can find a loophole in anything."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/prince-harry-bonkers-first-amendment-threat-jonathan-turley

Sled Dog:
The prince should take his slut wife and go back to where royalty is wanted.   

Then he won't be forced to read our papers or watch our TV.

Oh.

Wait.

Who's forcing him to pay attention to any of that crap?   Maybe he should get out and find some real Americans.  He can talk to me.  I'll not hesitate to tell him how happy I was to hear that his royal momma died from a sudden case of compression, because royalty of all sort are useless parasites living off stolen wealth for the benefit of no one.

And the American media he is bothered by doesn't say anything like that.   They worship royalty in his circles.

Fishrrman:
"Jonathan Turley: Prince Harry and 'bonkers' First Amendment – take this threat to free speech seriously.
Harry and Meghan Markle are joining a growing anti-free speech movement in the US"

Mr. Turley is something of a rarity these days.
A writer "from the left" who actually writes from a position of reason and rationality.
At least some of the time.

Reminds me of Nat Hentoff in his Village Voice days...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version