General Category > General Discussion

How To Stop Spending Your Money At Starbucks And Get Better Coffee

(1/2) > >>

mystery-ak:
 How To Stop Spending Your Money At Starbucks And Get Better Coffee

Whether you’re just looking for your morning coffee fix before work or a remote workplace with lots of ambiance, chances are you have far better options than Starbucks.

By Elle Reynolds
May 17, 2021

Starbucks made headlines last week when the coffee chain threatened to take down its Facebook page over “negative” comments on its posts promoting Black Lives Matter, LGBT ideology, and other leftist causes. It’s an oddly thin-skinned move for a mega-corporation, although I wouldn’t mind seeing the woke giants of Facebook and Starbucks go head-to-head.

Regardless, you shouldn’t care because you shouldn’t be buying Starbucks coffee anyway. Whether you’re just looking for your morning coffee fix before work or a remote workplace with lots of ambiance, chances are you have far better options than Starbucks.
Consider Buying An Espresso Machine

Yes, owning an espresso maker is extravagant. But so is dropping five or six dollars on a mediocre frappuccino that’s mostly ice, especially if you do so regularly. If you spend $5 on coffee every morning before work, that’s $25 in a week and around $100 in a month. In a year, you’ve spent over $1,200 on coffee, and that’s not even counting weekends.

Not every espresso maker is equal, but you can get a good-quality machine for between $150 and $300. That’s paid for itself in a few months if you’re a daily drinker. Plus, you don’t have to deal with a long morning drive-thru line, or have to worry about the barista using too much sugar or too little cream.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2021/05/17/how-to-stop-spending-your-money-at-starbucks-and-get-better-coffee/

mountaineer:
I probably haven't had Starbucks coffee in 10 years (and only because it was all that was available at the hotel at which we were staying). It's pretty bad.
From the "just give me some *#!$ coffee" files (from the article):
--- Quote ---... Starbucks has also waded deep into political and social causes, so it’s worthwhile to know what those causes are. In 2020, Starbucks stores in the U.K. launched an initiative to raise money for Mermaids, a transgender activist group, by selling cookies in the shape of mermaid tails. ...

In 2015, Starbucks started a campaign encouraging baristas to strike up conversations about race over the counter with their customers. It’s a well-intentioned idea, but trying to talk with strangers during rush hour is hardly the ideal setting for a seriously helpful conversation.

Additionally, the coffee chain shared questionnaires titled “Your Race Relations Reality Check: Where Do You Stand? Use These Conversation Starters With Your Family And Friends,” allowing people to fill in the blanks about how many of their Facebook friends and co-workers were of different races. ...
--- End quote ---

skeeter:
Starbucks isn’t a coffee shop, their coffee is p*sswater. They’re a dessert shop selling confections people think they can eat/drink in the morning cause they contain caffeine.

Never gave em my money.

mystery-ak:
I have had their cappuccinos several times...it was just *okay*..I prefer Gevalia Cappuccino Espresso for my Keurig

My Kroger store has just opened a Starbucks right inside their doors...there is always a crowd there  :shrug:

PeteS in CA:
We GYO and have a Cuisinart coffee maker. Between the burr grinder and the coffee maker it might have cost us $200. I grind every 2-4 days, not daily.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version