Author Topic: Kevin McCarthy’s Opposition Likely Dooms Nancy Pelosi’s Partisan January 6 Commission  (Read 320 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kevin McCarthy’s Opposition Likely Dooms Nancy Pelosi’s Partisan January 6 Commission

Sean Moran18 May 2021

House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy’s (R-CA) opposition could likely imperil a proposed commission to investigate the protests and riots on January 6, according to a report released Tuesday.

McCarthy announced Tuesday morning that he will oppose Pelosi’s January 6 commission, blaming House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) for negotiating in bad faith.

“Republican requests for fair representation and an unbiased premise from which to begin such an investigation were always understood to be the starting point for bipartisan negotiations, not the end result,” the House GOP leader said in a statement, which concluded:

Given the political misdirections that have marred this process, given the now duplicative and potentially counterproductive nature of this effort, and given the Speaker’s shortsighted scope that does not examine interrelated forms of political violence in America, I cannot support this legislation.

Democrats swiftly denounced McCarthy’s opposition to the commission.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/05/18/kevin-mccarthys-opposition-likely-dooms-nancy-pelosis-partisan-january-6-commission/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
The Republicans should get on the commission, and their introductory speeches should say:

"The biggest threat to domestic security in the last five years has been the unrestricted growth of the left-wing agitprop street gangs Antifa and (b)lack Lies Matter.    Until the Congress serves to investigate those domestic terrorist organizations, this Commission cannot succeed in it's purpose.  I therefore resign my position on this commission."

Drop mike.

Walk off stage.

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.