Author Topic: South Dakota’s Noem ignites more 2024 speculation  (Read 842 times)

Offline libertybele

South Dakota’s Noem ignites more 2024 speculation
« on: May 17, 2021, 12:07:12 am »
I have really liked her, but she's hit a few kinks in the road lately.  I did listen to an interview recently where she stated that her obligations and interests lie with SD. 

South Dakota’s Noem ignites more 2024 speculation

South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem’s repeatedly said she’s not interested in running for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination.

But two developments this past week are sparking further speculation that the first term conservative governor and strong supporter of former President Trump – whom political pundits consider a potential contender - likely has national ambitions in the next race for the White House.

The influential Iowa based social conservative group The FAMiLY Leader on Wednesday announced that Noem will headline their 10th annual Leadership Summit on July 16th in Des Moines.

For a half century Iowa’s caucuses have kicked off the presidential nominating calendar, and any stop in the Hawkeye State by possible White House hopefuls generates more 2024 buzz.

"We are grateful to once again welcome nationally prominent voices and leaders to Iowa for the FAMiLY Leadership Summit," the group’s president and CEO, Bob Vander Plaats, said in a statement.

Hours before the Iowa announcement, Noem was the featured virtual guest during the latest gathering of the "Right of Center" group of New Hampshire conservative activists and leaders, which was first reported by Fox News.      ..........

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/south-dakotas-noem-ignites-more-2024-speculation
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: South Dakota’s Noem ignites more 2024 speculation
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 05:39:17 am »
If Trump is running, she will not run.  She could be a VP candidate.

Pence is out.  Trump will need a VP.  I suspect it will be DeSantis or Noem.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 08:31:26 am »
Won't be Noem.

She couldn't sign a bill keeping boys out of girl's sports.

She has no political future among the Americans.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline bilo

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 02:22:30 pm »
Won't be Noem.

888high58888

She really dropped the ball on that. She could still run for Senate or the House down the road, but I think national leadership is out.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2021, 02:58:58 pm »
888high58888

She really dropped the ball on that. She could still run for Senate or the House down the road, but I think national leadership is out.
Agreed 💯
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2021, 05:24:36 pm »
What kills her in part is that she supports amnesty for illegal invading aliens.  I oppose that 100%.  In fact, I believe every last illegal needs to be deported immediately.  They should receive zero consideration, regardless of circumstance on how they came.  I do not care one iota if they were a child dragged her by parents breaking our laws. 

I fully support legal immigration.  My wife is an immigrant, I am the grandson of an immigrant.  Most of us are immigrants or descended from immigrants.  But we have laws, and those choosing to violate them as their first act in this nation is unacceptable.  PERIOD!!!!!

And NOem's explanation on the boys in the girls locker room sounded like a bunch of typical lawyer gobblygook.  Stand up against the insanity.

Offline dancer

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2021, 11:05:03 am »
Won't be Noem.

She's dead, Jim.  Hoisted on her own petard.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2021, 08:02:47 pm »
What kills her in part is that she supports amnesty for illegal invading aliens.  I oppose that 100%.  In fact, I believe every last illegal needs to be deported immediately.  They should receive zero consideration, regardless of circumstance on how they came.  I do not care one iota if they were a child dragged her by parents breaking our laws. 

I fully support legal immigration.  My wife is an immigrant, I am the grandson of an immigrant.  Most of us are immigrants or descended from immigrants.  But we have laws, and those choosing to violate them as their first act in this nation is unacceptable.  PERIOD!!!!!

And NOem's explanation on the boys in the girls locker room sounded like a bunch of typical lawyer gobblygook.  Stand up against the insanity.

I fully support amnesty for illegal aliens.

All they should have to do to get it is to go back to where they came from, fill out a form that identifies who their employers were and who rented them their housing, and then they can wait in their home country until we send them the engraved invitation to come back.   But, to sweeten the deal, we'll agree to send them 10% of the fines we collect from their US employers and property renters.

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2021, 08:49:14 pm »

Thanks for the info. I hadn't taken the time to look up her record and I had no idea that she IS in SUPPPORT of a PATHWAY TO CITIZENSHIP.  I cannot and will not vote for her.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2021, 08:52:07 pm »
If Trump is running, she will not run.  She could be a VP candidate.

Pence is out.  Trump will need a VP.  I suspect it will be DeSantis or Noem.

Does it really matter who runs?  The DEMS are going to ensure that they continue their stranglehold on the electoral process and retain their power.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2021, 09:51:11 pm »
Won't be Noem.

Fine, reject the only governor who didn't lock down her state.

This is why government has run amok. Y'all get distracted by Big Shiny Things and fail to pay attention to the important stuff. You have Donald Trump employing a Cuomo buddy in Tony Fauci leading the nation into a fruitless lockdown, Noem is the only one--not Abbott, not Desantis--saying no... and y'all are picking nits over a bathroom bill.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024