Author Topic: Spielberg, Ben Affleck, others may have to make way for homeless in their swanky LA locales  (Read 607 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Spielberg, Ben Affleck, others may have to make way for homeless in their swanky LA locales
May 16, 2021 | Jon Dougherty

Some well-to-do neighborhoods near Los Angeles that are home to Hollywood stars may soon see homeless camps like those that litter downtown as the number of people living on the street continues to rise.

The Washington Examiner reports that thousands of homeless have now crammed into a two-mile strip of Venice, home to an outdoor beachside gym where the likes of former bodybuilder Arnold Schwarzenegger and others pumped iron.  Venice is only about three miles square, but there are an estimated 4,000 homeless people who now live there, Soledad Ursua, a member of the Venice Neighborhood Council’s Board of Directors, told the outlet.

That is nearly double the number of homeless in Venice last year and is close to surpassing the 4,600 or so homeless who live on Skid Row.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/05/16/spielberg-ben-affleck-others-may-have-to-make-way-for-homeless-in-their-swanky-la-locales-1075087/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How about Malibu.... :silly:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Pretty sure Malibu is many miles from Venice and is in a different county (Ventura?).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Pretty sure Malibu is many miles from Venice and is in a different county (Ventura?).
How about Santa Monica? Only four miles up the road and I know a great place, The Jonathon Beach Club, sun and surf and when we did the ladies shower/bathrooms I plumbed in about 18 showers and commodes. It would be wonderful for them to mingle with overinflated actors like Schwarzenegger and uber rich better than thous.

Offline mountaineer

I saw some video from Venice and was appalled. Tents and trash everywhere. As an aside, who buys tents for these folks?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

So, local and state government are failing the homeless and the taxpayers.  Liberal reflex is to give more money to the same innept government officials and hope for a different outcome.

Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline skeeter

I saw some video from Venice and was appalled. Tents and trash everywhere. As an aside, who buys tents for these folks?
I was bike riding along the river running through downtown Santa Cruz the other day, the entire flood plain of that river is packed with tents, most of them identical. Unless all these homeless are shopping at the same REI these tents are clearly taxpayer supplied.

Offline PeteS in CA

I was bike riding along the river running through downtown Santa Cruz the other day, the entire flood plain of that river is packed with tents, most of them identical. Unless all these homeless are shopping at the same REI these tents are clearly taxpayer supplied.

Holy bleep! Coastal Trail Runs is doing a June event that starts and finishes in Harvey West Park and kind of follows the San Lorenzo River, but on the other side of SR 9. I hope the trails aren't bum-infested.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.