General Category > Science, Technology and Knowledge

Green transition will unleash monster price rises, and do nothing to save the planet

(1/1)

rangerrebew:

Green transition will unleash monster price rises, and do nothing to save the planet
May 14, 2021

By Paul Homewood

It has become something of a cliche, but it also happens to be true. If you want to do your bit for the planet, forget Tesla and other super expensive electric vehicles; just carry on driving the same old gas-guzzling banger you’ve always had.

As much if not more carbon tends to be expended producing a new car as actually driving it. You are going to have to do an awful lot of miles in the old one before you match the carbon costs of buying a newer version.

It was a slightly different, but similar point that Carlos Tavares, chief executive of the world’s fifth-biggest car maker, Stellantis, was making this week when he said that “green inflation” could soon make owning a vehicle the preserve of the rich.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2021/05/14/green-transition-will-unleash-monster-price-rises-and-do-nothing-to-save-the-planet/

Cyber Liberty:
Tell me something I didn't already know.

libertybele:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on May 16, 2021, 07:06:55 pm ---Tell me something I didn't already know.

--- End quote ---

That was exactly my reaction when I read the headline.

How many idiots still don't realize that this does nothing but line the pockets of politicians and their cronies?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version