Author Topic: Undocumented workers forced to ‘wipe out their life savings.’ Will California help?  (Read 243 times)

rangerrebew

Undocumented workers forced to ‘wipe out their life savings.’ Will California help?

By Yesenia Amaro
May 16, 2021 05:00 AM

Many undocumented immigrants in California have gone through their life savings during the coronavirus pandemic. Others have mounting debts, immigrant advocates say as they push Gov. Gavin Newsom to step up and help as other states have.

Advocates say it will take years for the state’s undocumented workers and their families to emerge from their financial ruins without a safety net in place to provide relief.

The pandemic exacerbated their already dire financial situation, and as the economy starts to reopen, their struggles continue, said Lucas Zucker, policy and communications director at the Central Coast Alliance United for a Sustainable Economy.

Read more here: https://www.fresnobee.com/news/politics-government/article251370258.html#storylink=cpy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
We are not expected to spend taxpayer money so that illegal aliens,who have no right to even be here,can save or recover their life savings?

How about we just boot their asses out of the country and let them go home and go to work there?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
We are not expected to spend taxpayer money so that illegal aliens,who have no right to even be here,can save or recover their life savings?

How about we just boot their asses out of the country and let them go home and go to work there?

Right.  Send them home.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley