Author Topic: CDC director denies political pressure affected new mask guidelines  (Read 388 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CDC director denies political pressure affected new mask guidelines
By Joseph Choi - 05/16/21 09:29 AM EDT

Rochelle Walensky, the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), on Sunday said that the agency's recent decision to recommend that vaccinated  no longer wear masks had nothing to do with political pressure from lawmakers.

While appearing on "Fox News Sunday," host Chris Wallace pressed Walensky to clarify what was behind the seemingly sudden shift in the CDC's recommendations for mask-wearing, asking her to confirm that pressure from lawmakers like Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-La.) had nothing to do with the decision.

"Yes, I can [confirm]," Walensky said.

"I can tell you it certainly would have been easier if the science had evolved a week earlier and I didn't have to go to Congress making those statements, but I'm delivering the science as the science is delivered to the medical journals," Walensky said. "And, you know, it evolved over this last week, the cases came down over the last two weeks. And so that's — I delivered it as soon as I can when we had that information available."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/553750-cdc-director-denies-political-pressure-affected-new-mask
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

it certainly would have been easier if the science had evolved a week earlier
Yes, it's almost dizzying just how quickly "science" has evolved over the past 15 months or so.  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CDC's about-face on masks appears politically motivated to help a struggling Biden
By Joe Concha

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/553732-cdcs-about-face-on-masks-appears-politically-motivated-to-help-a
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
FTA:

While appearing on "Fox News Sunday," host Chris Wallace pressed Walensky to clarify what was behind the seemingly sudden shift in the CDC's recommendations for mask-wearing, asking her to confirm that pressure from lawmakers like Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-La.) had nothing to do with the decision.

A weasel question design to produce a weasel answer.  I'll bet some money that it wasn't pressure from Cassidy, but it doesn't answer if there was Pressure from Biteme's thugs.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: