Author Topic: ERICKSON: The Truth Behind The Cheney Story  (Read 298 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
ERICKSON: The Truth Behind The Cheney Story
« on: May 16, 2021, 01:26:16 pm »
ERICKSON: The Truth Behind The Cheney Story
By  Erick Erickson

May 15, 2021   DailyWire.com

Republican Rep. Liz Cheney is out as Republican conference chair in the House of Representatives. The story has dominated American news outlets over the past week. Most Americans are probably hard-pressed to care about the story, but to the political press in the United States, the story has mattered deeply.

This past Tuesday night, as rockets rained down on Tel Aviv from Gaza, the press was focused on Cheney’s pending ouster, which happened Wednesday morning. On Wednesday afternoon, while President Joe Biden was holding a press conference about the Colonial Pipeline shutdown, MSNBC was holding a panel discussion about Cheney and the future of the Republican Party. Chris Cillizza, CNN’s regurgitator of convention hot takes, wrote, “The maneuvering to get Cheney out on Wednesday bodes very poorly for House Republicans.” One would think the House GOP conference chair was an important position. It is not. One would assume Americans care. They do not.

To understand the salacious, constant coverage of Cheney by the press, we must venture across the Atlantic to Great Britain and consider an essay by former Prime Minister Tony Blair on the collapse of the global progressive movement generally and his Labour Party in particular. Writing in the New Statesman, Blair notes that Biden won not because of some sweeping progressive agenda but because former President Donald Trump was “considered by centre-ground voters to be uniquely strange and unacceptable in his behaviour. … Without Biden, and his self-evident reasonableness and moderation, there might have been no victory.”

more
https://www.dailywire.com/news/erickson-the-truth-behind-the-cheney-story
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: ERICKSON: The Truth Behind The Cheney Story
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 08:58:09 pm »
Biden "won" because of an unprecedented and extensive network of cheats, from the precinct to the people writing algorithms for tabulation devices, with the fawning collusion of the Mass Media.

Attempts to explain his "victory" otherwise are just so much manure.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2021, 09:58:18 pm »
Joe wrote:
"Biden "won" because of an unprecedented and extensive network of cheats, from the precinct to the people writing algorithms for tabulation devices, with the fawning collusion of the Mass Media."

One more time:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,419614.msg2325876.html#msg2325876

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 11:50:05 am »
Joe wrote:
"Biden "won" because of an unprecedented and extensive network of cheats, from the precinct to the people writing algorithms for tabulation devices, with the fawning collusion of the Mass Media."

One more time:
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,419614.msg2325876.html#msg2325876
Yep. Either it is stopped, or it won't stop...and I am sure they have set their sights on the next steal already.

I also strongly suspect that the 'fix' was in for Hillary, and part of the reason they had such fits is that the votes for her plus the 'fix' margin were just not enough to prevail. They learn from some of their mistakes, though. (which tells me their policy stupidity is intentional)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2021, 12:16:02 pm »
Biden "won" because of an unprecedented and extensive network of cheats, from the precinct to the people writing algorithms for tabulation devices, with the fawning collusion of the Mass Media.

Attempts to explain his "victory" otherwise are just so much manure.

There is no shortage of manure when it comes to Erickson.  I will turn the radio dial to the Black Information Network before I listen to Erickson.  His radio show is intolerable.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-