Author Topic: California Now Telling Drivers What Kind Of Cars They Can Drive!  (Read 562 times)

rangerrebew

California Now Telling Drivers What Kind Of Cars They Can Drive!
kristel
May 24, 2021

New rules adopted by California’s clean air regulator mandating nearly all trips on Uber’s and Lyft’s ride-hailing platforms have to be in electric vehicles over the next few years on Thursday.

California is the first state in the nation to require that nearly all the miles travelled by ride-hailing drivers take place in electric vehicles by 2030.

The mostly low-income drivers, as the companies themselves say may not be able to afford to switch to EVs on their own. Electric vehicles remain more expensive than their gas-powered counterparts. They also require charging stations, which could be prohibitive especially for drivers who live in multifamily units.

Electric vehicles cost between $50,0000 to $300,000 and they take hours to fully charge the battery.

MarketWatch reported:

https://theinformedamerican.net/california-now-telling-drivers-what-kind-of-cars-they-can-drive/
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 04:19:55 pm by MOD4 »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: California Now Telling Drivers What Kind Of Cars They Can Drive!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2021, 01:58:53 pm »
Typical.
California see Uber and Lyft functioning effectively and efficiently, providing a public service while making a profit, so of course they have to 'involve' themselves in it somehow to screw it all up. This is what California does with everything there.

I have no doubt that if a few politicians and bureaucrats get the right payoff, somehow, some way, this will all just fade away and be forgotten. It reads like a shakedown to me.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2021, 04:19:04 pm »
1. Contrary to the headline, this rule only applies to Uber and Lyft drivers.

2. The chances of this rule surviving the inevitable court challenge are very low, even in CA courts.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2021, 05:44:34 pm »
I have no idea why anyone would be surprised about this.

After all,the goal of leftism is to create a police state with rulers dictating what is acceptable and what isn't.

It would only be surprising IF they DIDN'T do things like this.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2021, 06:19:26 pm »
California has already attempted to put Uber and Lyft out of business by designating drivers as "employees" of Uber and Lyft, so it's not surprising they would try to find another poison pill to destroy the gig business model.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: