Author Topic: Mitt Romney: U.S. Capitol Riot Was ‘an Insurrection Against the Constitution’  (Read 4312 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mitt Romney: U.S. Capitol Riot Was ‘an Insurrection Against the Constitution’

Katherine Rodriguez 15 May 2021

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-UT) called the January 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol an “insurrection against the Constitution,” while other Republicans downplayed the riot’s significance.

Romney’s comments came as several Republicans, including Rep. Andrew Clyde (R-GA), Rep. Paul Gosar (R-AZ), and Rep. Jody Hice Norman (R-GA), minimized the violence or made false claims about the attack.

Clyde said during a House Oversight and Reform Committee hearing Wednesday that calling what took place on January 6 “an insurrection” was “a boldface lie.”

Romney told HuffPost Thursday that the mob attack resulted in several deaths, severe injuries, and severe property damage.

“I was there,” Romney said. “What happened was a violent effort to interfere with and prevent the constitutional order of installing a new president.”

“As such, it was an insurrection against the Constitution that resulted in severe property damage, severe injuries, and death,” he added.

Romney was one of several Republican senators who voted to convict former President Donald Trump on a charge of inciting an insurrection.

Several of the senators who voted to convict Trump have been censured in their home states by local Republican groups. The Weber County GOP in Utah most recently censured Romney.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/05/15/mitt-romney-u-s-capitol-riot-insurrection-constitution/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Words are difficult for Mitt.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

What does this yutz hope to gain from joining the rats in this bald faced, obvious lie? I don’t get it.

Offline Killer Clouds

What does this yutz hope to gain from joining the rats in this bald faced, obvious lie? I don’t get it.
Romney is a demonrat.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

I have a bunch for him. However they get changed to "Bleep" and are frowned upon by this establishment. :smokin:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

8bs8  ***hair on fire  :yawn2:

Ya lost, Mitt. 22222frying pan Ya lost to McCain-the-Loser. 22222frying pan Ya lost to OhBummer! Trump clubbed HilLIARy like a baby seal 22222frying pan , and now you are afraid to learn how much impact fraud and illegal voting had on the 2020 Presidential election. 22222frying pan
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online libertybele

It would be best if he'd just not say anything at all.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Romney took over the reins of serving the democrats, by replacing Monica.  Apparently Mormons and the people of Utah are not concerned as to what an image they get with Romney.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Victoria33

@Cyber Liberty

“I was there,” Romney said. “What happened was a violent effort to interfere with and prevent the constitutional order of installing a new president.”

"...prevent the constitutional order of installing a new president.”

That is what happened - Trump sent them there to stop the count of installing the new president.  Plus, Trump during that rally blamed Vice President Pence for not stopping the count, so the mob wanted to find and hang Pence.

Trump is good at one thing: mass hypnosis - just like Captain Ahab (Moby Dick) used mass hypnosis on his ship's crew to keep going after white whale Moby Dick until all but one crew member died.

Offline Victoria33

Romney took over the reins of serving the democrats, by replacing Monica.  Apparently Mormons and the people of Utah are not concerned as to what an image they get with Romney.
@christian

Some years ago, I read about the Romney family living in Utah and being Mormons.  They were highly regarded in the church and had leader roles.  Mitt also had a church role.  For these reasons, I think he will keep the votes of Utah to stay US Senator. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Victoria33

Challenging suspicious elections is as American as Apple Pie.  If Trump was trying to "interfere with installing a new President," he would have demanded riots on Inauguration Day, as the Democrats did on 1/20/2017 when they threatened to burn DeeCee to the ground.

You and Romney are deliberately, and dishonestly conflating the two.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@christian

Some years ago, I read about the Romney family living in Utah and being Mormons.  They were highly regarded in the church and had leader roles.  Mitt also had a church role.  For these reasons, I think he will keep the votes of Utah to stay US Senator.

I think that's likely, to the eternal shame of LDS.  They, like many others, vote "tribe" instead of issues.  40+ years of living in Arizona has taught me this.  Even the Tribe could not save Jeffy Flakey Boy.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Victoria33

@Victoria33  Challenging suspicious elections is as American as Apple Pie.  If Trump was trying to "interfere with installing a new President," he would have demanded riots on Inauguration Day, as the Democrats did on 1/20/2017 when they threatened to burn DeeCee to the ground.
You and Romney are deliberately, and dishonestly conflating the two.
@Cyber Liberty

"...he would have demanded riots on Inauguration Day..."

No, that would be too late.  He was trying to stop the count so a new president could not be voted in. 

"You and Romney..."

Romney means nothing to me personally, I am responding to this post about him, what he said.  I do think this was an insurrection started by Trump - an attack on our government while carrying out their duty to install a new president.

Offline mountaineer

Mass hypnosis? Good grief.  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Hoodat

What part of "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances" does Mitt not get?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

@Cyber Liberty

No, that would be too late.  He was trying to stop the count so a new president could not be voted in. 

"You and Romney..."

Romney means nothing to me personally, I am responding to this post about him, what he said.  I do think this was an insurrection started by Trump - an attack on our government while carrying out their duty to install a new president.
Did you feel the same about the attack on the White House by leftists last summer? The one that drove the first family into the basement shelter? The one our current VP participated in? I do not remember you commenting then.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 05:44:57 pm by skeeter »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

"You and Romney..."

@Victoria33

Left unanswered:  Why are you not making this accusation of every Democrat to have lost the Presidential Election this Century?  They all challenged the votes on January 6th.  Why is is suddenly evil?  It was as American as Apple Pie those times.  I'm asking for some consistency here.

Look, I understand you think Trump is a Psychopath, and he instigated a bloody insurrection resulting in dozens (or so) deaths and melted snowflake politicians.  And I humbly concede the attempt to reason you out of something you didn't reason yourself into.
I will NOT comply.

Online Hoodat

He was trying to stop the count so a new president could not be voted in.

@Victoria33

What is your basis for this claim?  Can you please site anything Trump said that would indicate any such act of insurrection?  It has been months since I first asked you this.  And to date, you have failed to cite a single quote.  Yet here you are again, repeating the same unsubstantiated Democrat lie.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Ummm....No, Mittens, it was not.   Unless you're honest enough to accept the fact that it was a staged event organized by your pals the Rodents to distract away from the ballot count that day.

What WAS an insurrection against the Constitution, Mittens, was your refusal to challenge the fraudulent ballots, when it was your sworn duty to do so, both as a US Senator and as a Mormon and US citizen.

But keep talking, as many people as possible need to be annoyed by your stupid Never Trumping antics.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
@Cyber Liberty

"You and Romney..."

Of course, the fact that there were enough false electors in that count to prevent the honest outcome...Since Trump was the winner of the electio...never entered your mind?

And cite the part of Trump's speech where he said to riot.   Nobody else has been able to show it to us, since it never happened.  Maybe you have something special?
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.