Author Topic: New Republican Leader Stefanik Has Conservative Rating of Only 44%--Ousted Cheney Had Rating of 78%  (Read 2686 times)

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Big freaking deal. Just look at who is deciding what is conservative these days.

Cheney may well be very conservative on one or two specific issues,but a total disaster on everything else.

And.....,if her replacement becomes a problem,we can dump him,too.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Actually, @LMAO Liz Cheney did not pay proper respect to 75+ million national Republican voters who chose to reelect Donald Trump or the voters in Wyoming on whose dime she's in Washington.

Liz forgot she works for us, not the other way around.

@Right_in_Virginia

Like many other "legacy" "Republicans" in DC,Liz was looking out for Liz.

And who are you common people slugs to hold her birth right against her?

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This isn't about Trump's ego, bruised or otherwise @LMAO 

This is about who leads the Republican Party:  Trump and his America First agenda or Bush/Romney/Cheney and their war mongering, globalist, America Last agenda.

We want Trump.
@Right_in_Virginia

The choice is clear for the Party People. They want Bush/Romney/Cheney and their war mongering, globalist, America Last agenda.

JEB would have a lock on their votes if he ran.

Offline roamer_1

Big freaking deal. Just look at who is deciding what is conservative these days.

Cheney may well be very conservative on one or two specific issues,but a total disaster on everything else.

And.....,if her replacement becomes a problem,we can dump him,too.

78% is a very poor Conservative rating.
The people you would recognize as conservative are all above the 85% mark, and most that ARE Conservative are in the 90s

Offline Slide Rule

Poor girl. Everyone is just against her.

It just doesn't make sense.

Bright girl loses leadership spot by saying what she thinks.
Who would have guessed?
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

BassWrangler

She did do a good job of recruiting women into the 2020 House races, though.

Offline Killer Clouds

I think we're not paying attention to the nature of the position here. It's a partisan position, not an ideological one.

Liz Cheney, for better or worse, threw party loyalty out the window. Sometimes that's justified, but there are consequences when that happens, and one of those is that the party is going to turn on you.

Stefanik is a party loyalist, and that's why she got the job.

Stefanik is a POS RINO just like that two faced McCarthy. This country is in big trouble.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 04:03:20 pm by Killer Clouds »

BassWrangler

Stefanik is a POS RINO just like that two faced McCarthy. This country is in big trouble.

All this stuff is just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. At this point, we’re already screwed.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
All this stuff is just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. At this point, we’re already screwed.

Did anybody seriously expect McCarthy would name a conservative to the office?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

BassWrangler

There was another guy in the running, one with much better conservative org. ratings. I thought that it was Trump’s endorsement of Stefanik that gave her the edge.

Offline roamer_1

But she kissed the ring, so it's all good, right?  *****rollingeyes*****

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
But she kissed the ring, so it's all good, right?  *****rollingeyes*****

Tumpy's Pope now?  *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

Tumpy's Pope now?  *****rollingeyes*****

Yeah, something like that I guess...  :shrug:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yeah, something like that I guess...  :shrug:

If she got the job by kissing a ring, it wasn't Trump's.  It's McCarthy's, who I can trust about as far as I can throw a cheesecake under water.  If she's not a total disappointment, I'll be a bit happier.

The linchpin here isn't Donald Trump, it's McCarthy.  If he's allowed to loaf his way into the Speakership I don't think things will go well.  He's a Turtle clone.
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

If she got the job by kissing a ring, it wasn't Trump's.  It's McCarthy's, who I can trust about as far as I can throw a cheesecake under water.  If she's not a total disappointment, I'll be a bit happier.

The linchpin here isn't Donald Trump, it's McCarthy.  If he's allowed to loaf his way into the Speakership I don't think things will go well.  He's a Turtle clone.

What I have been getting out of all this is that she is pro-Tumpy and her liberal bent can therefore be ignored. Being how I am, judging things by the record, I see that the other way around... Leopards don't change their spots.

But I DO agree with you wrt McCarthy - Until the moderates are pried away from the levers of power, it will be SOSDD.

Offline corbe

The GOP rejecting out of hand a MUCH more Conservative challenge, Chip Roy, is all I need to know that it's still a circus show, selling the cheap seats to US.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

The GOP rejecting out of hand a MUCH more Conservative challenge, Chip Roy, is all I need to know that it's still a circus show, selling the cheap seats to US.

I dunno Chip Roy, but I will take your word on that @corbe ...

And little surprise that I agree.

Offline skeeter

All the silly talk about ring kissing aside, bottom line is Cheney got slam dunked for repeating rat talking points. That’s a good thing.

I don’t expect anything good to come from the GOPe anyway, so cannot be disappointed by Stefenik.

Offline Killer Clouds

There was another guy in the running, one with much better conservative org. ratings. I thought that it was Trump’s endorsement of Stefanik that gave her the edge.
One of Trump’s downfalls is that he is horrible when it comes to HR issues. He makes very bad choices.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
This isn't about Trump's ego, bruised or otherwise @LMAO 

This is about who leads the Republican Party:  Trump and his America First agenda or Bush/Romney/Cheney and their war mongering, globalist, America Last agenda.

We want Trump.

I want neither Cheney or Stefanik.  McCarthy missed an excellent opportunity to push for a strong true conservative.  So I really want to know what his motive was. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

I want neither Cheney or Stefanik.  McCarthy missed an excellent opportunity to push for a strong true conservative.  So I really want to know what his motive was.
His motive is his own self interests, which means the party's interests, over those of the country.

Its the entire problem with Washington.

Online libertybele

With so much approval of Cheney by NeverTrumpers, is there any doubt about her?  She would fits right in with Murkowski,  Romney, Pelosi or even Hanoi Jane!
 **nononono*

There fixed it for ya!  happy77
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

His motive is his own self interests, which means the party's interests, over those of the country.

Its the entire problem with Washington.

McCarthy is not a conservative, so, I don't expect a whole lot from him.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.