Author Topic: New Republican Leader Stefanik Has Conservative Rating of Only 44%--Ousted Cheney Had Rating of 78%  (Read 2646 times)

Offline libertybele

This is a concern. Sure I think Cheney should absolutely be shown the door, but the GOP should be concerned with who's replacing her.  Seating someone worse than Cheney is going to be disastrous.

New Republican Leader Stefanik Has Conservative Rating of Only 44%--Ousted Cheney Had Rating of 78%

Although Republicans in the House of Representatives voted to oust Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wy.) from the GOP's No. 3 leadership post and replace her with Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.), the ratings of Congress members by the American Conservative Union (ACU) show that Cheney held a 78% conservative rating in 2020 and Stefanik held a 44% rating.

In addition, the ACU ratings show several GOP women in the House hold far higher conservative ratings than both Stefanik and Cheney...............

https://cnsnews.com/article/washington/michael-w-chapman/new-republican-leader-stefanik-has-conservative-rating-only-44
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

But Liz Cheney did not pay proper fealty to Donald Trump.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

No she didn't and it is extremely unfortunate that the GOP did not come together while Trump was in office and then was very lax in challenging the constitutionality of what happened during the election. If you are going to side with leftists you might as well join them (IMHO the country club is one big corrupt entity).

The other problem is, and I think this has been the case for awhile, there aren't enough conservatives to replace the garbage in Congress; in part due to McConnell protecting establishment incumbents and he himself siding with the DEMS.  McCarthy isn't exactly Mr. conservative either.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Irrelevant. She paid no respect at all to the Constitution or her Party. Trump just took her neo mask off.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

Irrelevant. She paid no respect at all to the Constitution or her Party. Trump just took her neo mask off.

Exactly  :beer:

Offline LMAO

Liz Cheney voted with Donald Trump more than Stefanik did

I do not agree with her impeachment vote because I do not believe Donald Trump is responsible for those people that rioted at the Capitol. But it seems she was more friendly to Donald Trump’s agenda but I guess she just wasn’t loyal enough
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Actually, @LMAO Liz Cheney did not pay proper respect to 75+ million national Republican voters who chose to reelect Donald Trump or the voters in Wyoming on whose dime she's in Washington.

Liz forgot she works for us, not the other way around. 

Offline libertybele

Actually, @LMAO Liz Cheney did not pay proper respect to 75+ million national Republican voters who chose to reelect Donald Trump or the voters in Wyoming on whose dime she's in Washington.

Liz forgot she works for us, not the other way around.

Absolutely.   :amen:

Liz Cheney voted with Donald Trump more than Stefanik did

I do not agree with her impeachment vote because I do not believe Donald Trump is responsible for those people that rioted at the Capitol. But it seems she was more friendly to Donald Trump’s agenda but I guess she just wasn’t loyal enough

She wasn't just the congressional representative from Wyoming @LMAO  Liz was the Chair of the Republican Caucus in the House proclaiming Donald Trump, even as a private citizen, deserved to be impeached and found guilty of insurrection.

That's just damn unacceptable. 

As for Stefanik, once she sat in defense of the President during Impeachment I she was liberated from Ryan's tutelage and jumped on Trump's America First train.  She's earned a fair shot in her new position.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 12:28:51 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline LMAO

So to soothe Trump’s bruised ego, we’re replacing Liz Cheney, who has a near 80% conservative rating,  with somebody that has a conservative rating in the 40s.

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

So to soothe Trump’s bruised ego, we’re replacing Liz Cheney, who has a near 80% conservative rating,  with somebody that has a conservative rating in the 40s.

You completely missed everything that's been posted.  It has NOTHING to do with Trump's ego. Nothing. Notta.  Zip. Either you haven't been paying attention or you hate the man so much that you'd rather allow the leftists to trample on our Constitution and destroy our Republic.  Liz was a party to that.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

You mischaracterized everything said on this thread.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

This isn't about Trump's ego, bruised or otherwise @LMAO 

This is about who leads the Republican Party:  Trump and his America First agenda or Bush/Romney/Cheney and their war mongering, globalist, America Last agenda.

We want Trump.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 12:37:14 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Most the congressmen in office with an R beside their name have the same rating. I gripped about this new lady Stefank the other day here and only got crickets... so yeah, it was mostly about Cheney not kissing Trump's butt.

Edit: may need to take back some of what I said above, I can't find where I actually complained about the replacement lady on  forum. Acting like I did, without proof is lying. I thought it, but I didn't convey it in forum as stated.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 01:03:37 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline LMAO

You completely missed everything that's been posted.  It has NOTHING to do with Trump's ego. Nothing. Notta.  Zip. Either you haven't been paying attention or you hate the man so much that you'd rather allow the leftists to trample on our Constitution and destroy our Republic.  Liz was a party to that.

There seems to be a pattern every time one says something that isn’t 100% glowing of Donald Trump, the reply seems to be “you must hate him”

No I do not hate Donald Trump and I voted for him in 2020.  And I’ve been on this site since Trump was nominated. Yet I never, ever in that time, until recently, seen any mention of  Liz Cheney

I guess I don’t let other people decide my outrages 

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

Most the congressmen in office with an R beside their name have the same rating. I gripped about this new lady Stefank the other day here and only got crickets... so yeah, it was mostly about Cheney not kissing Trump's butt.

How about Liz is kissing the butts of the globalists just like her Daddy. I see her as anti American. You're right she hates Trump that much as he represents the WILL of WE THE PEOPLE and NOT those intertwined in the Cheney dynasty.

Offline libertybele

There seems to be a pattern every time one says something that isn’t 100% glowing of Donald Trump, the reply seems to be “you must hate him”

No I do not hate Donald Trump and I voted for him in 2020.  And I’ve been on this site since Trump was nominated. Yet I never, ever in that time, until recently, seen any mention of  Liz Cheney

I guess I don’t let other people decide my outrages

No, I don't let other people decide my outrages.  Liz did a disservice to every single person that voted for her, period.  Yes, what she did I find is an outrage.

I haven't been exactly a huge Trump supporter, but I'll be damned if I stand with someone whose intent was to destroy him so that the globalist would once again prevail, trample our Constitution and destroy our Republic.  Liz  put the focus on her when she turned her back on those that voted for her and most of all thumbed her nose at conservatism.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 12:55:16 am by libertybele »

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
How about Liz is kissing the butts of the globalists just like her Daddy. I see her as anti American. You're right she hates Trump that much as he represents the WILL of WE THE PEOPLE and NOT those intertwined in the Cheney dynasty.

I certainly didn't like Liz, she needed to go.... but like revolution that only puts a worse thing in, this was not fully thought out. Lets just say that perhaps the RINOs liked the thought of getting a more leftist in and Liz gave the excuse.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Absalom

The usual noise; how predictable.
Principled Conservatism are attitudes, behaviors and sentiment derived
from the Natural Law, as Plato explained some 2,400 years past.
It has nothing to do and never had w/politics our dominating neurosis in the present.

Offline libertybele

I certainly didn't like Liz, she needed to go.... but like revolution that only puts a worse thing in, this was not fully thought out. Lets just say that perhaps the RINOs liked the thought of getting a more leftist in and Liz gave the excuse.

I definitely see your point and certainly that's a very real possibility.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I definitely see your point and certainly that's a very real possibility.

Gotta watch 'em every minute.  That didn't change. :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I think we're not paying attention to the nature of the position here. It's a partisan position, not an ideological one.

Liz Cheney, for better or worse, threw party loyalty out the window. Sometimes that's justified, but there are consequences when that happens, and one of those is that the party is going to turn on you.

Stefanik is a party loyalist, and that's why she got the job.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

And that right there is the bottom line.  goopo
I will NOT comply.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
I think we're not paying attention to the nature of the position here. It's a partisan position, not an ideological one.

Liz Cheney, for better or worse, threw party loyalty out the window. Sometimes that's justified, but there are consequences when that happens, and one of those is that the party is going to turn on you.

Well stated @jmyrlefuller.  A leader position requires maintaining the party line in public, and the party line for the Rs is *not* anti-Trump.  It's anti-D.  If Cheney really could not bring herself to stop Trump-bashing and focus instead on defeating the D agenda then she should have resigned her leadership position.

One does not have to be a Trump supporter to recognize that Cheney got what she deserved from the US HoR R caucus.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 02:06:25 am by HoustonSam »
James 1:20

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
With so much approval of Cheney by NeverTrumpers, is there any doubt about her?  She would fit right in with Murkowski,  Romney, Pelosi or even Hanoi Jane!
 **nononono*
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 06:15:41 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions