Author Topic: Walmart, Costco, Trader Joes say vaccinated customers will no longer have to wear masks in stores  (Read 1597 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Walmart drops mask requirement for vaccinated workers and customers
Published: May 14, 2021 at 6:11 p.m. ET
By Robbie Whelan and
Sarah Nassauer

Many businesses aren’t budging on face masks for now; others say they are reviewing new CDC guidance

American companies began to rethink their requirements for face masks after federal health regulators relaxed their guidelines this week, and on Friday Walmart Inc. made the first big move to bend to the new view.

The U.S.’s largest private employer said it would no longer require vaccinated workers and shoppers to wear masks in stores and warehouses outside of municipalities that require it. Walmart’s WMT, +0.93% new no-mask policy for its 1.6 million U.S. workers goes into effect May 18, the company said, while vaccinated customers could shop maskless immediately.

more
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/walmart-drops-mask-requirement-for-vaccinated-workers-and-customers-11621030292?link=MW_latest_news
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Walmart, Costco, Trader Joes say vaccinated customers will no longer have to wear masks in stores

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/walmart-costco-trader-joes-say-vaccinated-customers-will-no-longer-have

Retail giant Walmart revealed on Friday that it "would no longer require vaccinated workers and shoppers to wear masks in stores and warehouses outside of municipalities that require it," the Wall Street Journal reported.

Employees will have to confirm their vaccinated status during health screenings. It is unclear how vaccination will be confirmed with customers.

Costco and Trader Joe's made similar announcements on Friday. Both chains confirmed that they will not require proof of vaccination before allowing maskless customers to shop.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Will you have to show your papers to prove you was jabbed?

Edit:  Nevermind..Just saw this "Both chains confirmed that they will not require proof of vaccination before allowing maskless customers to shop."

« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 12:19:15 am by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Skull

Edit:  Nevermind..Just saw this "Both chains confirmed that they will not require proof of vaccination before allowing maskless customers to shop."

One can hope the no Vax proof movement will conquer, but I am not optimistic about that.  (Of course, I am rarely optimistic.)
Truth is against the stream of common thought, deep, subtle, difficult, delicate, unseen by passion’s slaves cloaked in the murk of ignorance. Vipassī Buddha

Offline libertybele

One can hope the no Vax proof movement will conquer, but I am not optimistic about that.  (Of course, I am rarely optimistic.)

I'm not optimistic about that either; the reality appears to be that sooner or later, some sort of Vax ID will be required. In FL DeSantis has already signed into law, that FL will not comply.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Report: Target, Starbucks, Other Retailers Will Still Require Masks After CDC Guidance Changes

Joshua Caplan 14 May 20211

Some of the country’s largest retailers will still require masks inside stores despite the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) decision to loosen mask wearing for fully vaccinated individuals.

Business Insider reported Friday: “Macy’s, Target, and Starbucks are among those saying they’ll still make masks mandatory for shoppers and workers in their stores.” Other companies that told the publication they will keep their mask mandates for now include:

• Kroger
• Home Depot
• Publix
• Dollar General

The report also identified several companies that are evaluating their policies in light of the CDC announcement but have not yet made any changes:

• Walmart
• Walgreens
• CVS
• Gap
• Ulta

The report follows CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky’s announcement regarding the easing of mask mandates. Walensky noted that fully vaccinated people are still required to wear masks on modes of transportion such as es airplanes, buses, and trains.

“Anyone who is fully vaccinated can participate in indoor and outdoor activities, large or small, without wearing a mask or physical distancing,” Walensky said told reporters during a Thursday press conference. “If you are fully vaccinated, you can start doing the things that you had stopped doing because of the pandemic. We have all longed for this moment, when we can get back to some sense of normalcy.”

“This is an exciting and powerful moment, it could only happen because of the work of so many who made sure we have the rapid administration of three safe and effective vaccines,” she added.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/science/2021/05/14/report-target-starbucks-other-retailers-will-still-require-masks-after-cdc-guidance-changes/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DB

I've been to both Home Depot and Basha's grocery store without a mask in the last week. No one cared.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
But what does Herr Fauci  say? I would have thought he would be pontificating all over the media after this CDC policy change.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I've been to both Home Depot and Basha's grocery store without a mask in the last week. No one cared.

Same here.  Only gummint tools think normal people listen to them. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

While at the gym this AM (first time in over a year!) I saw on BMM that Sam's Club (part of Walmart), Publix, and Starbucks are also opening up except where not allowed by local regs. With a few 600-pound gorillas (e.g. Costco and TJ) not requiring proof of vax, other stores won't risk POing and losing customers.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline roamer_1

Home Depot never cared up in here. They had the notice up, but nobody paid it any mind.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I have had COVID TWICE.  If I choose not to wear a mask, that is my decision.  The fascist government and companies with their dictates can go to hell!!!

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't

No.  You question was valid.

They made a statement stating the vaxed can go maskless.

Asking how they will know is a good question.

The Woke are most certainly very stupid people.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Hoodat

Don't ask, don't tell.

Went into a Kroger and a Publix yesterday maskless.  The usual mask police guard was still positioned at the entrance, but I boldly stared into his eyes as I walked past, and he didn't utter a word.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline verga

This is no great stretch for Walmart, Last time I was in there about 1/4 of the people were not wearing masks.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Don't ask, don't tell.

Went into a Kroger and a Publix yesterday maskless.  The usual mask police guard was still positioned at the entrance, but I boldly stared into his eyes as I walked past, and he didn't utter a word.

My Publix removed all the mask signage in our stores.   FL is, and has been a Free State!  More Neanderthal than TX and we have FL Man too!

Offline goatprairie

Went into a Walmart with the wife the other day. Apart from the wife and me, there were a number of people without masks.
What was surprising was that there were numerous OLD!!! people wearing masks. Most of the people we saw without masks were middle aged or younger.
I can't believe most of those oldies haven't been vaccinated.  But then we saw some older people walking down sidewalks in the open air wearing masks.
Some people are just too scared or brainwashed yet.

Online Wingnut

Had to pop into my WallyWorld today for some feminine hygiene products and noticed most employees were maskless!

Winning!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Went into a Walmart with the wife the other day. Apart from the wife and me, there were a number of people without masks.
What was surprising was that there were numerous OLD!!! people wearing masks. Most of the people we saw without masks were middle aged or younger.
I can't believe most of those oldies haven't been vaccinated.  But then we saw some older people walking down sidewalks in the open air wearing masks.
Some people are just too scared or brainwashed yet.
The old that are still wearing masks are the good loyal democrats or those scared to death by Fauci, et al. My mother lives in Seizure World, Se3al Beach, CA. and the seniors there where their masks no matter what, walking alone, driving alone makes no difference and the looks they give me daring to walk around unmasked!

Offline DB

Had to pop into my WallyWorld today for some feminine hygiene products and noticed most employees were maskless!

Winning!

Paint stripper?