General Category > National/Breaking News

Walmart, Costco, Trader Joes say vaccinated customers will no longer have to wear masks in stores

(1/4) > >>

mystery-ak:
 Walmart drops mask requirement for vaccinated workers and customers
Published: May 14, 2021 at 6:11 p.m. ET
By Robbie Whelan and
Sarah Nassauer

Many businesses aren’t budging on face masks for now; others say they are reviewing new CDC guidance

American companies began to rethink their requirements for face masks after federal health regulators relaxed their guidelines this week, and on Friday Walmart Inc. made the first big move to bend to the new view.

The U.S.’s largest private employer said it would no longer require vaccinated workers and shoppers to wear masks in stores and warehouses outside of municipalities that require it. Walmart’s WMT, +0.93% new no-mask policy for its 1.6 million U.S. workers goes into effect May 18, the company said, while vaccinated customers could shop maskless immediately.

more
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/walmart-drops-mask-requirement-for-vaccinated-workers-and-customers-11621030292?link=MW_latest_news

PeteS in CA:
Walmart, Costco, Trader Joes say vaccinated customers will no longer have to wear masks in stores

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/walmart-costco-trader-joes-say-vaccinated-customers-will-no-longer-have

--- Quote ---Retail giant Walmart revealed on Friday that it "would no longer require vaccinated workers and shoppers to wear masks in stores and warehouses outside of municipalities that require it," the Wall Street Journal reported.

Employees will have to confirm their vaccinated status during health screenings. It is unclear how vaccination will be confirmed with customers.

Costco and Trader Joe's made similar announcements on Friday. Both chains confirmed that they will not require proof of vaccination before allowing maskless customers to shop.
--- End quote ---

Wingnut:
Will you have to show your papers to prove you was jabbed?

Edit:  Nevermind..Just saw this "Both chains confirmed that they will not require proof of vaccination before allowing maskless customers to shop."

Skull:

--- Quote from: Wingnut on May 15, 2021, 12:17:45 am ---Will you have to show your papers to prove you was jabbed?

Edit:  Nevermind..Just saw this "Both chains confirmed that they will not require proof of vaccination before allowing maskless customers to shop."

--- End quote ---

One can hope the no Vax proof movement will conquer, but I am not optimistic about that.  (Of course, I am rarely optimistic.)

libertybele:

--- Quote from: Skull on May 15, 2021, 12:47:34 am ---One can hope the no Vax proof movement will conquer, but I am not optimistic about that.  (Of course, I am rarely optimistic.)

--- End quote ---

I'm not optimistic about that either; the reality appears to be that sooner or later, some sort of Vax ID will be required. In FL DeSantis has already signed into law, that FL will not comply.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version