General Category > Technology

We Found Joe Biden’s Secret Venmo. Here’s Why That’s A Privacy Nightmare For Everyone.

<< < (3/3)

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: BassWrangler on May 16, 2021, 08:19:28 pm ---Well, are you surprised? They're Democrats, after all.

--- End quote ---

:laughingdog:

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: Fishrrman on May 16, 2021, 08:23:54 pm ---I'd never heard of "Venmo" until this story broke.

What is it, and what does it do...?

--- End quote ---

It's like PayPal. 

jmyrlefuller:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on May 16, 2021, 05:49:32 pm ---I'm on the horns of a dilemma.  On the one hand, I'm glad to see the Biteme crime family exposed, but on the other hand I'm not happy that Venmo (which I've barely heard of) is that vulnerable.

--- End quote ---
It's very popular among Gen Z, maybe into the younger millennial generation. Not that they have a whole lot of spare cash to transfer...

...but it's amusing how duplicitous Buzzfeed is here. They claimed to have found Matt Gaetz's Venmo and it was a "HA! GOT EEM!" moment. Now that the President's Venmo has been hacked, all of a sudden it's a serious privacy breach.

Wingnut:

--- Quote from: BassWrangler on May 16, 2021, 08:19:28 pm ---Well, are you surprised? They're Democrats, after all.

--- End quote ---
Top Notch! :cool:

BassWrangler:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on May 16, 2021, 08:36:36 pm ---It's like PayPal.

--- End quote ---

Exactly. It's even owned by Paypal. I'm not sure what value it provides over Paypal. I sold a pistol to a coworker, and he suggested Venmo for payment, and that's the only reason I have an account.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version