Author Topic: Blame game begins as Afghanistan situation worsens  (Read 534 times)

rangerrebew

Blame game begins as Afghanistan situation worsens
« on: May 14, 2021, 11:38:17 am »
Blame game begins as Afghanistan situation worsens

The U.S. and NATO military withdrawal may still be in its early phases, but the finger-pointing over who will be to blame for losing Afghanistan has already begun.

By BRYAN BENDER

05/13/2021 04:30 AM EDT

The U.S. and NATO military withdrawal may still be in its early phases, but the finger-pointing over who will be to blame for losing Afghanistan has already begun.

New battlefield gains by the Taliban and a spate of terrorist attacks, including the weekend bombing that killed at least 50 girls, are renewing calls for President Joe Biden to consider leaving some forces behind, ensure the Pentagon first secures agreements to use other bases in the region, and take additional steps to back up the Afghan government to prevent a Taliban takeover and the reemergence of terrorist groups.

Biden’s allies are also sharpening their argument that the Trump administration is most responsible for the current mess. They say the Trump team boxed Washington in with its agreement with the Taliban last year to pull out all U.S. troops by May 1, despite repeated violations by the militant Islamists. Even so, they are also insisting that continuing the current mission will ultimately make little difference.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/05/13/blame-game-us-withdrawal-afghanistan-487845

rangerrebew

Re: Blame game begins as Afghanistan situation worsens
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2021, 11:40:39 am »
I can't figure out how it is a parent weeps for his recently killed daughter today but would behead her tomorrow if she "dishonored" him. :shrug:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2021, 12:34:28 pm »
I can't figure out how it is a parent weeps for his recently killed daughter today but would behead her tomorrow if she "dishonored" him. :shrug:

Thats islam for you. Ignorant.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2021, 09:54:24 pm »
Good comments from ranger and fred.

The USA ("The West") was never going to "win" in Afghanistan, because we never attempted to engage the real "enemy" there...