Author Topic: Feinstein’s former staffer helped funnel millions to Steele and Fusion GPS after 2016  (Read 188 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Feinstein’s former staffer helped funnel millions to Steele and Fusion GPS after 2016

A nonprofit group run by a former top aide for Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein and funded in part by left-wing philanthropist George Soros spent the post-2016 era funneling millions of dollars to British ex-spy Christopher Steele’s company and the opposition research firm Fusion GPS, helping the groups continue their Russia-related research despite the discrediting of the dossier.

Daniel Jones, lead author of the Senate Intelligence Committee’s report on the CIA’s interrogation program, founded the Democracy Integrity Project in January 2017. Tax records show he funded Steele, Fusion, and others involved with Russia-related inquiries, keeping a web of groups working and donor money flowing to the tune of millions. The new filings contend that “the purpose of the Democracy Integrity Project is to promote democracy in the United States and around the world.”

Tax records from the Democracy Integrity Project filed in November 2020 and made public in April show the Jones organization sent $1,222,714 in 2019 for “research consulting” to Bean LLC, the parent company for Fusion GPS, co-founded by former Wall Street Journal reporters Glenn Simpson and Peter Fritsch, and $700,000 for “research consulting” in 2019 to Walsingham Partners, which, according to business records, is co-owned by Steele and his business partner, Christopher Burrows.

The newly revealed IRS 990 form for 2019, the most recent year available...

-- excerpt, rest at link above --
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien