Author Topic: Rep. Elise Stafanik Elected By House To Replace Liz Cheney As GOP Conference Chair  (Read 299 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rep. Elise Stafanik Elected By House To Replace Liz Cheney As GOP Conference Chair

by Tyler Durden
Friday, May 14, 2021 - 09:39 AM

After ousting never-Trump neocon Liz Cheney, House Republicans on Friday approved Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-NY) to their #3 leadership position on Friday in a 134-46 vote.

Stefanik easily overcame an 11th hour bid by Rep. Chip Roy (R-TX) for the position, while Rep. Mike Johnson (R-LA) - vice chair of the House GOP Conference was apparently interested in the role, but never pursued the challenge, according to the New York Post.

The New York Republican — who previously chaired the moderate Tuesday Group and saw a rise in prominence as one of Trump’s top defenders during the first impeachment proceedings — locked down key endorsements early, with former President Trump, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), Minority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) and Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) voicing their support for her candidacy.

Stefanik was nominated for the position by freshman Rep. Ashley Hinson (R-Iowa), whom she helped get elected. Roy, meanwhile, was nominated by House Freedom Caucus member Rep. Ken Buck (R-Utah). -NY Post

more
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/rep-elise-stafanik-elected-house-replace-liz-cheney-gop-conference-chair
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Wonder how many of those dissenting were pro-Cheney protest votes, vs Stafanik not being conservative enough.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I guess this position is now open only to biological female RINOs now.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

Chip Roy (Cruz's 2016 Campaign Manager) would have been a much better person for this position, but the GOP apparently still loves their NY Liberals Centrist.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Donald Trump denounces Chip Roy's bid for U.S. House Republican leadership post: "He has not done a great job"

Roy was among a small handful of Texas Republicans who voted against overturning the election in January.

BY ABBY LIVINGSTON MAY 13, 2021

WASHINGTON — As U.S. Rep. Chip Roy made known his intent Thursday to become the third-ranking House Republican, former President Donald Trump released a statement of condemnation of the Austin Republican and reiterated his endorsement for Roy's rival for the post.

"Can’t imagine Republican House Members would go with Chip Roy—he has not done a great job, and will probably be successfully primaried in his own district," Trump said in a press release. "I support Elise, by far, over Chip!"

The "Elise" in reference is U.S. Rep. Elise Stefanik, an Upstate New York Republican. The flare-up illustrated the increasingly complicated fault lines within the House GOP that its leaders had hoped to put behind them. On Wednesday, House Republicans voted to oust their current conference chair, U.S. Rep. Liz Cheney, over her willingness to challenge the former president's repeated efforts to undermine the public's perception of the country's election integrity and her vote to impeach Trump after the Jan. 6 insurrection.

<..snip..>

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/05/13/chip-roy-leadership-donald-trump/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.