Author Topic: New anti-Trump group of Republican leaders threatens to leave if GOP doesn't reform  (Read 957 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
New anti-Trump group of Republican leaders threatens to leave if GOP doesn't reform
Group unveils manifesto that pledges to 'reimagine' the GOP or create 'an alternative' party

By Paul Steinhauser | Fox News

In the wake of conservative Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming's ouster from her House GOP leadership position, roughly 150 Republican or former Republican leaders who are opposed to former President Trump's continued strong grip over the GOP have signed a letter threatening to leave the party if it does not reform and return to its "founding American principles."

The group's statement of principles – titled a "Call for American Renewal" – was unveiled Thursday. It outlines 13 principles to guide a "rebirth of the American cause."

"We, therefore, declare our intent to catalyze an American renewal, and to either re-imagine a party dedicated to our founding ideals or else hasten the creation of such an alternative," the statement pledges.

The letter was spearheaded by former GOP intelligence policy strategist and 2016 independent candidate for president Evan McMullin and Miles Taylor, who served as chief of staff at the Department of Homeland Security during the Trump administration.

https://twitter.com/EvanMcMullin/status/1392845663734468608

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/anti-trump-republican-group-mcmullin

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Eff em. Time to separate the wheat from the chaff and make the GOP into a party worth supporting.

The only reason these RINO clowns have the offices they is do they were the only choice we had. With a decent alternative they don’t stand a chance.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 07:11:34 pm by skeeter »

Offline Kamaji

Offline PeteS in CA

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Killer Clouds

Let the two faced assholes go to the DCP where they belong. They aren't conservatives to begin with.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
And the bad news is?

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
I  generally share the opinion of the responses so far.

It's not like they didn't form a quasi party already in the form of the Lincoln Project.

And Cheney has truly annoyed me with her constant bleating.  Essentially challenging the party to throw Trump out.

Offline Slide Rule

Start cutting their committee assignments and delete them from any information distribution.

Identify and encourage alternate candidates in their districts.

Tell them they are free to join the Marxists and advise them they should start reading the Red book.

Do it in a press conference and as followup, inject a question at the presidents press conference.

Retaining a splinter group is no advantage.

Fish or cut bait.

And say, nice try Dick Cheney.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 12:06:19 pm by Slide Rule »
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
"In the wake of conservative Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming's ouster from her House GOP leadership position, roughly 150 Republican or former Republican leaders"

Sorry, 140 card carrying Lincoln Project Pedophiles doesn't count.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Victoria33

@Cyber Liberty

I want to see the 150 names to determine how it would affect the present Republican Party.  If you find the names, let me know.  I will search for them now and list them if I find them.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@Cyber Liberty

I want to see the 150 names to determine how it would affect the present Republican Party.  If you find the names, let me know.  I will search for them now and list them if I find them.

Cut/pasted From a Deseret web site....  Looking through this cast of clowns, I recognized 9 names.  (So much for "Prominent" status)

Andrew Sagor; Anthony Scaramucci; Arne Carlson; Barbara Comstock; Bill Weld; Bob Inglis; Bob Worsley; Bob Yudin; Bobbie G. Kilberg; Bruce Maloch; Bryan Jones; C.J. Diegel; Chad Mayes; Charles Djou; Charles R. Jeter; Charles R. Work; Charlie Dent; Chip Felkel; Christine Todd Whitman; Christopher T. Bayley; Christopher J. Gagin; Chris Vance; Claudine Schneider; Cole Wist; Connie Morella; Daniel Barkhuff; David Almacy; David Billings; David Durenberger; David Meeks; Davy Carter; Denver Riggleman; Dick Zimmer; Dov S. Zakheim; Edward T. Tobin III; Eileen Padberg; Eli Lehrer; Eliot A. Cohen; Elizabeth Neumann; Emil Frankel; Evan McMullin; Gabriel Schoenfeld; Gene Kussart; George Conway; Glenn J. Schatz; Gregory Wilson; H. Bryan Cunningham; Hannah Kummer; Heath Mayo; Jack Weinstein; Jacob Perry; James Kunder; James Leach; James W. Peppe; Jeff Timmer; Jeffrey N. Shane; Jennifer Horn; Jerid J. Miller; Jim Glassman; Jim Greenwood; Jim Hendren; Jim Kolbe; Joe Hunter; Joe Walsh; Joel F. Brenner; Joel Searby; John Bellinger; John Fluharty; John Kingston; John LeBoutillier; John M. Mitnick; John Negroponte; Jonathan C. Rose; Josh Venable; Julie Meier Wright; Justin L. Kurth; Karen A. Johnson; Karen Kirksey; Kathy Varga; Kristopher Purcell; Laura Holmes Jost; Lucy M. Caldwell; Lynn A. Schmidt; Marilee Cunningham; Mark Sanford; Mark Weatherford; Marty Linsky; Mary E. Peters; Matthew S. Sarelson; Matt Walton; Max Boot; Michael L. Belitzky; Michael Burchstead; Michael Chertoff; Michael Hayden; Michael Steele; Michelle Udall; Mickey Edwards; Mike Bober; Mike Madrid; Mike Murphy; Miles Taylor; Mindy Finn; Molly McKew; Mona Charen; Murray Dickman; Nate Bell; Neal J. Simon; Olivia Troye; Paul Rosenzweig; Paul C. Jost; Paul Mitchell; Peter McCloskey; Peter Smith; R.J. Lyman; Rachel Hoff; Randy Brockway; Reed Howard; Reid Ribble; Richard W. Painter; Rick Lazio; Rina Shah; Robert F. Orr; Robert Patricelli; Robert Shanks; Rod Chandler; Sam Reid; Scott Rigell; Shellie Bressler; Shermichael Singleton; Sophia Nelson; Soren Dayton; Stanley A. Twardy Jr.; Steve Bartlett; Steve Carey; Stuart Gerson; Susan Del Percio; T. Greg Doucette; Tara Setmayer; Tatyana V. Bolton; Ted Roosevelt; Thomas Hill; Thomas E. Petri; Tim Boyle; Tom Campbell; Tom Coleman; Tom Ridge; Trevor Potter; Valerie Smith Boyd; Wayne Gilchrest; William J. Kilberg; William F.B. O’Reilly.

https://www.deseret.com/opinion/2021/5/13/22432664/republicans-third-party-trump-threaten-to-split-from-gop-evan-mcmullin-miles-taylor-liz-cheney
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 01:26:19 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Victoria33

@Cyber Liberty
@mystery-ak
@roamer_1
@Gefn 

HERE ARE THE NAMES:

https://www.acallforamericanrenewal.com/

@catfish1957
I found the names, then came back here and saw you posted the names.  Thank you.  Now we know who they are.  I will examine them to see which ones I know and will look up others to determine the background of these people.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 01:27:47 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline skeeter

Cut/pasted From a Deseret web site....  Looking through this cast of clowns, I recognized 9 names.  (So much for "Prominent" status)

https://www.deseret.com/opinion/2021/5/13/22432664/republicans-third-party-trump-threaten-to-split-from-gop-evan-mcmullin-miles-taylor-liz-cheney
Who's who of the GOP has-been's. Without any Bushs, BTW.

Offline Kamaji

Andrew Sagor; Anthony Scaramucci; Arne Carlson; Barbara Comstock; Bill Weld; Bob Inglis; Bob Worsley; Bob Yudin; Bobbie G. Kilberg; Bruce Maloch; Bryan Jones; C.J. Diegel; Chad Mayes; Charles Djou; Charles R. Jeter; Charles R. Work; Charlie Dent; Chip Felkel; Christine Todd Whitman; Christopher T. Bayley; Christopher J. Gagin; Chris Vance; Claudine Schneider; Cole Wist; Connie Morella; Daniel Barkhuff; David Almacy; David Billings; David Durenberger; David Meeks; Davy Carter; Denver Riggleman; Dick Zimmer; Dov S. Zakheim; Edward T. Tobin III; Eileen Padberg; Eli Lehrer; Eliot A. Cohen; Elizabeth Neumann; Emil Frankel; Evan McMullin; Gabriel Schoenfeld; Gene Kussart; George Conway; Glenn J. Schatz; Gregory Wilson; H. Bryan Cunningham; Hannah Kummer; Heath Mayo; Jack Weinstein; Jacob Perry; James Kunder; James Leach; James W. Peppe; Jeff Timmer; Jeffrey N. Shane; Jennifer Horn; Jerid J. Miller; Jim Glassman; Jim Greenwood; Jim Hendren; Jim Kolbe; Joe Hunter; Joe Walsh; Joel F. Brenner; Joel Searby; John Bellinger; John Fluharty; John Kingston; John LeBoutillier; John M. Mitnick; John Negroponte; Jonathan C. Rose; Josh Venable; Julie Meier Wright; Justin L. Kurth; Karen A. Johnson; Karen Kirksey; Kathy Varga; Kristopher Purcell; Laura Holmes Jost; Lucy M. Caldwell; Lynn A. Schmidt; Marilee Cunningham; Mark Sanford; Mark Weatherford; Marty Linsky; Mary E. Peters; Matthew S. Sarelson; Matt Walton; Max Boot; Michael L. Belitzky; Michael Burchstead; Michael Chertoff; Michael Hayden; Michael Steele; Michelle Udall; Mickey Edwards; Mike Bober; Mike Madrid; Mike Murphy; Miles Taylor; Mindy Finn; Molly McKew; Mona Charen; Murray Dickman; Nate Bell; Neal J. Simon; Olivia Troye; Paul Rosenzweig; Paul C. Jost; Paul Mitchell; Peter McCloskey; Peter Smith; R.J. Lyman; Rachel Hoff; Randy Brockway; Reed Howard; Reid Ribble; Richard W. Painter; Rick Lazio; Rina Shah; Robert F. Orr; Robert Patricelli; Robert Shanks; Rod Chandler; Sam Reid; Scott Rigell; Shellie Bressler; Shermichael Singleton; Sophia Nelson; Soren Dayton; Stanley A. Twardy Jr.; Steve Bartlett; Steve Carey; Stuart Gerson; Susan Del Percio; T. Greg Doucette; Tara Setmayer; Tatyana V. Bolton; Ted Roosevelt; Thomas Hill; Thomas E. Petri; Tim Boyle; Tom Campbell; Tom Coleman; Tom Ridge; Trevor Potter; Valerie Smith Boyd; Wayne Gilchrest; William J. Kilberg; William F.B. O’Reilly.

Whoa!  Anthony Scaramucci counts as a "Republican leader"?  Since when?

Online roamer_1

@Cyber Liberty
@mystery-ak
@roamer_1
@Gefn 

HERE ARE THE NAMES:

@catfish1957
I found the names, then came back here and saw you posted the names.  Thank you.  Now we know who they are.  I will examine them to see which ones I know and will look up others to determine the background of these people.

Meh... Only one among them that I could see that ever could have been considered conservative - That'd be Sanford.

More important is the platform - That is NOT Conservatism.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

Whoa!  Anthony Scaramucci counts as a "Republican leader"?  Since when?

Now that the Lincoln Project has been cast aside in shame and scandal, this faction had to find a new vehicle to do their damage.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
@Cyber Liberty
@mystery-ak
@roamer_1
@Gefn 

HERE ARE THE NAMES:

@catfish1957

Save  your time.

They are all irrelevant nobodies, never-wases and the occasional has-been.

Micheal Steele was the GOP house negro put in charge of the RNC as the token in response to the election of that white boy, Obama.  He never did anything but bad mouth conservatives and conservatism and otherwise generally promoted the DNC party line.   He was a classic Never Trumper before Trump was a presidential candidate.

I expect all those nobodies are similar.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
@Cyber Liberty
@mystery-ak
@roamer_1
@Gefn 

HERE ARE THE NAMES:

@catfish1957

Thank you @Victoria33 ❤️❤️❤️
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline dfwgator

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Good riddance.  If they aren't willing to defend their beliefs, the GOP is better off without them.  Let the RINO preppies have their poofy little self-adulation club.  They didn't even have the good sense to alphabetize the list by last names.

Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline libertybele

...and the downside of getting rid of establishment Republicans?

I'm just hoping that there are conservatives to take their places. That would be a win/win.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.