Author Topic: Secret Service Returns $2 Billion In Unemployment Benefits Stolen During The Pandemic  (Read 220 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Secret Service Returns $2 Billion In Unemployment Benefits Stolen During The Pandemic

Michael Ginsberg
General Assignment Reporter
May 13, 2021 11:11 AM ET

The United States Secret Service recovered more than $2 billion in stolen unemployment benefits over the course of the COVID-19 pandemic, the agency announced Wednesday.

The agency seized over $640 million in fraudulently obtained unemployment benefits, and helped return over $2 billion to state unemployment programs, it announced in a press release.

Assistant Special Agent Roy Dotson told CNBC that the $2 billion was a “conservative estimate” of the amount stolen, and that many investigations are ongoing.

https://twitter.com/SecretService/status/1392547068833587203

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/05/13/fraud-covid-relief-funds-secret-service-2-billion-unemployment-roy-dotson/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline thackney

The headline had me first thinking it was the Secret Service claiming the unemployment benefits.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The headline had me first thinking it was the Secret Service claiming the unemployment benefits.

This is what happens when you hire a Feminist Theory & gender studies major to write Headlines.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
And thus many in America are informed that the Secret Service does more that protect the demented and slutty.

The rest of us already knew they worked for the Treasury Department.

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.