Author Topic: Here Comes the ’70s  (Read 386 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Here Comes the ’70s
« on: May 13, 2021, 02:57:06 pm »
Here Comes the ’70s

We seem fated to relive the turbulent decade that produced President Biden.

May 13, 2021|

12:01 am
Matthew Walther

It is somehow absurdly fitting that Joe Biden, who entered the United States Senate in 1973 at the age of 30 as an opponent of racial busing, is presiding over a return to the 1970s. The Seventies are one of the few decades that the popular imagination—economic decline, decadence, environmental catastrophism, a lot of great football—gets right. While the differences between our present moment and the world of half a century ago are ultimately more important than the similarities, the latter are worth enumerating.

More than a year after the imposition of lockdowns, unemployment remains high even as wages stagnate. Whatever professional economists say about the matter, inflation is undeniably here, and if the secretary of the Treasury is to be believed, higher interest rates will follow sooner or later. Meanwhile there are gas shortages on the Eastern Seaboard, though they remain a matter of curiously less reporting than one might expect. (This time we find ourselves hostages not to the whims of oil sheikhs but of teenaged hackers.) Memories of rioting are fresh in many of our cities, and abroad there is civil war again in Ethiopia and the threat of a major conflict in Israel. Unspeakable sacrileges are being perpetrated by radical clergy.

more
https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/here-comes-the-70s/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Here Comes the ’70s
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 03:13:11 pm »
The economic problems like inflation and the gas and energy shortages did not start under Jimmy Carter.

These seem to be starting  under Joe Biden. However, Donald Trump also liked the stimulus and signed on to  all kinds of new spending which requires us to print money which makes the dollar less valuable which brings on inflation

We are going to have to be put into a very serious recession to tighten up this money supply that’s floating out there. And we’re gonna have to  get serious about this budget.  The spending and borrowing and printing, I think, is coming to an end.

Watching Joe Biden answer “questions” tells  me we are in for something worse than Jimmy Carter

We are being governed by people who think the most important thing in the world is racism and climate change
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 03:31:57 pm »
We are being governed by people who think the most important thing in the world is racism and climate change

Yeah, but... Chicks in peasant blouses and bell bottoms...  8888forgot

Offline berdie

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 09:27:41 pm »
Yeah, but... Chicks in peasant blouses and bell bottoms...  8888forgot

@roamer_1 ..are you talking about today's young chicks in peasant blouses and blue jeans...or the chicks that actually lived the era donning the appropriate blouse/jeans?
If the latter it might not be as you remember...don't ask how I know this. happy77

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2021, 10:49:46 pm »
LMAO wrote:
"We are being governed by people who think the most important thing in the world is racism and climate change"

Stop it. Just... stop it.

We are being governed by people who think the most important thing in the world is communism, and who are using the hammer of "racism" and the sickle of "climate change" as weapons with which to force it upon us.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2021, 10:58:18 pm »
That announcement yesterday that the CPI (annualized) went up 4.3% last month made us all laugh. Based on my best guess, it was somewhere near 8-10%

No one takes these clowns seriously.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2021, 01:01:31 am »

@roamer_1 ..are you talking about today's young chicks in peasant blouses and blue jeans...or the chicks that actually lived the era donning the appropriate blouse/jeans?
If the latter it might not be as you remember...don't ask how I know this. happy77

Yes and yes, @berdie ! It's all good! The Father has blessed me with old eyes that can't see wrinkles.

:silly: :tongue2: :beer: