Author Topic: COVID and the Loss of Common Sense  (Read 365 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
COVID and the Loss of Common Sense
« on: May 13, 2021, 02:24:00 pm »
May 13, 2021
COVID and the Loss of Common Sense
By Don Fotheringham

If every cloud has a silver lining, COVID’s silver, from which we should try to benefit, has shone the light on the shallowness and fragility of our commonsense.   Few of us are immune to the all-powerful assault of fear -- of death for ourselves or those we love -- a favorite toxin employed by anyone whose main goal is control of the target.

It began fourteen months ago when death was served up in huge helpings with morning coffee.  The initial assault was blitzkrieg shock -- irresistible.  But two months further on, with data rolling in, too few of us asked too few questions or even managed: “But wait a minute …”.  Overwhelmed, commonsense in free fall, we accepted confining restrictions to freedom of movement and eagerly embraced uncomfortable behaviors with breath taking speed and acquiescence.

Fourteen months into the pandemic and so many persist in their immunity to any hint of commonsense, risk and cost/benefit analysis – common skills in everyday life -- despite a mother lode of data that show our reactions remain disproportionate to the attack.  The examples are legion and stunning.  On August 7th, 2020 over 400,000 mask-less, non-distancing bikers descended on Sturgis, SD (population 7,000) for nine days.  Supposedly, this was an epidemiologist’s nightmare of catastrophic magnitude, the rally was condemned by all as wholly irresponsible, predicting consequent illness and death for thousands -- the mother of all super-spreaders.  It’s worth taking a moment to grasp the significance of the numbers involved.  The largest stadiums in the world hold a bit over 100,000 people.  Additionally, South Dakota never pulled the lockdown trigger and was therefore ripe for carnage.  To date, Meade County (Sturgis) has reported thirty deaths – over the last fourteen months.  But the fear mongers persist: “They came, shared, and took the virus home with them causing death everywhere else.”

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/05/covid_and_the_loss_of_commonsense.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: COVID and the Loss of Common Sense
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 02:29:24 pm »
When people think they are god - the most powerful being in their personal "universe" - things beyond their control cause panic.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 02:58:00 pm »
COVID’s silver, from which we should try to benefit, has shone the light on the shallowness and fragility of our commonsense.   Few of us are immune to the all-powerful assault of fear -- of death for ourselves or those we love -- a favorite toxin employed by anyone whose main goal is control of the target.

:amen: Common sense is far from common these days!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 03:11:14 pm »

A large part of the reason for that state of affairs is that we Americans have so little in common these days.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2021, 04:08:13 pm »

That's why I always called it "Horse Sense."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2021, 04:51:21 pm »
That's why I always called it "Horse Sense."

Well, not many humans demonstrate it. ****drummer
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2021, 04:55:02 pm »
A large part of the reason for that state of affairs is that we Americans have so little in common these days.

C'mon man.   Affairs of state must take precedent over the affairs of state..
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2021, 09:11:56 pm »
Well, not many humans demonstrate it. ****drummer

Actually, far too many Americans demonstrate horse sense.   They get it out of the back end.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2021, 07:10:01 pm »
During COVID, from the time the oil patch crashed,  I made over 4000 food deliveries. We were required to wear a mask by the company I worked for. We made "contactless" deliveries, where we wore masks and gloves and came no closer to the customer than the proscribed six feet, some times because they were afraid, some times because they were sick, sometimes because it was the default setting on the ap, and they didn't Uncheck it.

In a county of roughly 35000 people, the worst odds faced for encountering someone who had tested positive in the lat couple weeks (active case) were about 1 in 200, now down to 1 in a thousand.

Having seen Zelenko's video before it was pulled, I researched other ionophores for Zinc, including Quercetin and Ivermectin, knowing I had access to both of the latter, if only as supplements or veterinary medicine, I haven't been worried. I have no comorbidities, which makes me blessed for my age group.

Through it all, I have recognized the greatest danger to us all has been panic, and the Mass Media have done their best to keep that going, along with the so-called "social" media--the former by pumping and pimping fear, the latter by censoring information and cause for hope. The Medical establishment, through poorly conducted 'hit' studies designed not only to fail, but to NOT test the full regimen, contributed handily by being the oft quoted "experts" who wrote the "studies" that damned effective treatment.

Through this all, as a scientist, I researched the origins of the virus, including the lab in Chapel Hill, and followed the trail to the Wuhan lab and to the streets of Hubei Province and back across the world. I have tried to weigh risks, especially in light of the actions taken by the politicians and the medical establishment. When the overlords of social media weighed in fairly consistently on one side, when they started censoring the discussion and eliminating accounts of those who dissented, favoring only the hideously destructive party line, I was only ensured that my conclusions were correct.

Yes, it is a nasty bug for some, especially if the initial treatment is to wait until the patient is doing poorly, and I have no doubt it has contributed to and even been responsible for the deaths of many worldwide. We will never know how many (just as we will never know how many died of other treatable maladies during the panic), as the numbers, the tests, the fiscal incentives have ever been biased toward inflating the death toll and fomenting panic to gain greater control of the masses and the marketplace, and even to seize control of the federal Government through dishonest and illegal election practices.

It isn't often I bring my view of God into politics, but what has been done in this country in re COVID, has been anything but Godly, instead the panic, the fear, the pain, the separation of dying elders from their loved ones, is all straight from the annals of evil, flimsy gestures which did virtually nothing to help quell the disease, but plenty to increase the misery people went through, and in the case of summarily dismissing effective early onset treatments, imho, vastly increased the number of premature deaths and the tremendous cost thereof.

Only The Almighty truly knows the hearts of those who did that, and only He can deal with them in a fashion appropriate.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2021, 07:11:44 pm »
I saw a study years ago that said only 7% of Americans had "Common Sense". Those numbers have not improved in the interim.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2021, 07:29:44 pm »

Common sense was lost long before Covid.  The people in charge have no skin in the game - they can afford to waste other people's time and money.  They can bankrupt a corporation and still walk away millionaires.  They can send jobs overseas because they remain employed.  They can send other people's children to die in foreign wars because their's are safe at home.  Those in charge have the means necessary to escape the consequences of the decisions they may for the rest of us.  The captains no longer go down with their ships.  They just go from sinking one ship to sinking the next, and we let them get away with it.

Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright