Author Topic: HB 1927 House refused Senate amendments - sent the bill back to the Senate for conference committee  (Read 841 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
TSRA Email 5/12/2021

House Bill 1927 by Representative Matt Schaefer was passed as amended by the Senate last week and returned to the House of Representatives.

This evening, the House refused to concur with their amendments and sent the bill back to the Senate requesting the appointment of a conference committee to iron out the differences between the House and Senate versions.

I would like to commend Speaker Dade Phelan for his strong leadership in assembling a great conference committee. We have the majority of votes on our side. Really a great show of initiative and support for the 2A community!!!

NOW, we wait for Lt. Governor Dan Patrick to appoint Senators to the conference committee to work out the differences in the two bills. We strongly urge the Lt. Governor to join Speaker Phelan in appointing strong 2nd Amendment supporters to the Conference Committee. As soon as they have been named, I will email you regarding who was appointed.

TIME IS CRITICAL here. We have less than 3 weeks.

Hopefully, we'll have an update for you in the next few days as to who the conferees are and we can focus on them.

I will have updates for you on other bills next week.

Thank you!!!!!!-------------

Andi Turner
Legislative Director
TSRA

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Good news @Elderberry thanks for the update!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
TSRA Email

Speaker Dade Phelan appointed a strong team to represent the House on the Conference committee: Representatives Schaefer, Burrows, Canales, Guillen, and White.

Today, Lt. Governor Dan Patrick also appointed a very pro-Second Amendment conference committee composed of Senators Schwertner, Birdwell, Hughes, Campbell and Creighton. This is a wonderful team and I have high hopes that they can move this bill out of Conference Committee quickly. If you click each of their names, their contact information is available by scrolling down the resulting page. I would like you to contact the Senate Conferees because the amendments that are problematic are largely from that Chamber.

I need all of you who support this bill to contact the Senate Conferees and urge them to get HB 1927 across the goal line. No Excuses!

TIME IS CRITICAL here. We have just over 2 weeks.

We are close, but close is not enough.

Thank you!!!!!!
--------------
Andi Turner
Legislative Director
TSRA