Author Topic: Cheney says she'll do 'whatever it takes' to keep Trump out of White House  (Read 247 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cheney says she'll do 'whatever it takes' to keep Trump out of White House
By Joseph Choi - 05/13/21 08:05 AM EDT

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) said when asked in a new interview if she would consider a run for the White House that she would do "whatever it takes" to prevent "a former president or anybody else unravel the democracy."

Cheney, who was voted out of her House GOP  leadership position on Wednesday over her criticism of former President Trump, told NBC's "Today" show that Trump's refusal to accept the results of the election shows that he is "unfit" for the presidency and should never be allowed near the Oval Office.

When pressed by host Savannah Guthrie on whether she would run for president, Cheney said, "I'm gonna do everything that I can. Both to make sure that that never happens, but also to make sure that the Republican Party gets back to substance and policy."

"Right now, I am very focused on making sure that our party becomes again a party that stands for truth and stands for fundamental principles that are conservative and mostly stands for the constitution," Cheney added when further pressed. "And I won't let a former president or anybody else unravel the democracy. Whatever it takes."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/553287-cheney-on-possible-white-house-bid-i-wont-let-a-former-president-unravel-the
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

What does it say about the RINOs that with all the crap going on right now they are still fixated on Trump.

They don't give a rats arse about this nation. They care only about their control over their franchise.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
What does it say about the RINOs that with all the crap going on right now they are still fixated on Trump.

They don't give a rats arse about this nation. They care only about their control over their franchise.

The Rodents won't be their friends if they start discussing real issues, like election theft, inflation, the Invasion, China, infrastructure hacking, or the color of the sky.   They're only allowed to continue Trump Mania as a favor to their dearest friends.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.