Author Topic: Sen. Mike Lee goes after ATF nominee's 'disdain' for gun owners  (Read 421 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Deseret News By Dennis Romboy May 29, 2021

Sen. Mike Lee went after the Biden administration nominee to head the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives over what the Utah Republican called a "troubling, flippant" attitude toward gun owners.

David Chipman, former ATF agent and gun control advocate, appeared before the Senate Judiciary Committee earlier this week in a sometimes contentious hearing.

Lee went after Chipman over his past statements on criminal background checks for gun purchasers and gun owners.

The senator took issue with this Chipman post on Reddit in 2019: "While at ATF I conducted studies involving people who failed background checks to determine how many later committed crimes with a gun — many did. This is a perfect opportunity to arrest people before committing crimes rather than responding after the fact."

Lee said Wednesday he found the comment "very troubling," especially for someone nominated to serve as ATF director.

More: https://www.ksl.com/article/50176339/sen-mike-lee-goes-after-atf-nominees-disdain-for-gun-owners

Offline LegalAmerican

Re: Sen. Mike Lee goes after ATF nominee's 'disdain' for gun owners
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2021, 02:18:23 am »
Deseret News By Dennis Romboy May 29, 2021

Sen. Mike Lee went after the Biden administration nominee to head the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives over what the Utah Republican called a "troubling, flippant" attitude toward gun owners.

David Chipman, former ATF agent and gun control advocate, appeared before the Senate Judiciary Committee earlier this week in a sometimes contentious hearing.

Lee went after Chipman over his past statements on criminal background checks for gun purchasers and gun owners.

The senator took issue with this Chipman post on Reddit in 2019: "While at ATF I conducted studies involving people who failed background checks to determine how many later committed crimes with a gun — many did. This is a perfect opportunity to arrest people before committing crimes rather than responding after the fact."

Lee said Wednesday he found the comment "very troubling," especially for someone nominated to serve as ATF director.

More: https://www.ksl.com/article/50176339/sen-mike-lee-goes-after-atf-nominees-disdain-for-gun-owners

Oh, I saw that CHIPMAN...what an azz and mentally ill person..ONE CAN SEE IT.  More like a CHIMP...MAN. I hope all these ignorant people will starve.....as it is coming.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 02:24:06 am »
Mike Lee was an anti-Trumper.  RINO.   He is now seeing, what he did with his lack of support.  Like ROMNEY. Because they follow the word of wisdom, they think they are republicans. Well, so does POTUS TRUMP!  No smoking, no drinking alcohol, no illegal drugs, does not even drink coffee.  No tattoos. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2021, 04:39:58 pm »
Mike Lee was an anti-Trumper.  RINO.   He is now seeing, what he did with his lack of support.  Like ROMNEY. Because they follow the word of wisdom, they think they are republicans. Well, so does POTUS TRUMP!  No smoking, no drinking alcohol, no illegal drugs, does not even drink coffee.  No tattoos.

Lee mouths some pretty good words, but I can trust him about as far as I can throw an anvil.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: