Author Topic: Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm Says ‘Pipe Is the Best Way’ to Transport Fuel After Admin Cancele  (Read 439 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm Says ‘Pipe Is the Best Way’ to Transport Fuel After Admin Canceled Keystone Pipeline

Jacob Bliss
12 May 2021

Department of Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm admitted during a press briefing on the Colonial Pipeline cyberattack Tuesday the best way to transport fuel across parts of the country is pipelines, despite the fact that the Biden administration has revoked pipeline permits, including Keystone XL.

Amid the ongoing fuel shortage throughout the East Coast from the cyberattack, Granholm said “pipe is the best way to go” when transporting fuel, contradicting President Joe Biden’s first day in office on which he revoked the permit for the Keystone XL pipeline.

“What is the feasibility of using rail cars to transport fuel into the affected areas?” a reporter asked, adding, “I know that’s being looked at.”

Granholm admitted, “pipe is the best way to go,” but “we’ll have to wait until their analysis is done” from the Department of Transportation (DOT), which is looking into other options.

The Secretary continued:

These — these are not easy solutions because there may or may not be the right rail cars; there may not or may not be the deep-water ports available for the Jones Act to be able to respond.

So this particular area of the country there — this is why we have doubled down on ensuring that there’s an ability to truck oil in — gas in. But it’s — the pipe is the best way to go. And so that’s why, hopefully, this company, Colonial, will, in fact, be able to restore operations by the end of the week as they have said.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/05/12/energy-secretary-jennifer-granholm-says-pipe-is-the-best-way-to-transport-fuel-after-admin-canceled-keystone-pipeline/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
All those tanker trucks pressed into service must be sending  tons of extra  greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I keep seeing statements about Keystone transporting fuel and that's not what I remember so after looking it up:

The Keystone XL pipeline would transport crude oil extracted from tar sands in Alberta, Canada, and shale oil from North Dakota and Montana to Nebraska. The Keystone XL pipeline would then connect to existing pipelines and transport oil to refineries along the Gulf Coast.

If Keystone had been completed was in use I just don't see how it would have helped in this ransomware situation. With jobs, keeping the the US self sufficient and keep fuel costs down yes.............three things that the Biden administration and communists, but I repeat myself, really really don't want.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 03:54:08 am by GtHawk »

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Every time I listen to her, I find it difficult she was ever elected to public office.  She sounds like a total idiot!!!

:yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: