Author Topic: Day Five: Team Biden Can’t Say When Gasoline Crisis Will End  (Read 451 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Day Five: Team Biden Can’t Say When Gasoline Crisis Will End

Charlie Spiering 12 May 2021

The White House struggled Wednesday to respond to the gas shortage on the East Coast of the United States, five days after the Colonial pipeline was shut down by a ransomware cyberattack.

President Joe Biden’s cabinet officials hesitated when asked when the shortage would end, punting timeline questions to Colonial, the private company in charge of the pipeline.

“I’ll defer to announcements from the company on their process,” Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg said at the White House daily press briefing.

Buttigieg declined to confirm assertions from Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm Tuesday that the pipeline would be restored at the end of the week.

“I would emphasize that there is a lot in getting a pipeline up and running again,” he said.

The White House deployed Buttigieg and EPA Administrator Michael Regan to the press briefing to lead the messaging about handling the crisis.

But the two government officials only listed minor shuffling of government regulations to help alieve the crisis and ongoing communications and monitoring from government officials.

When asked what his message was to Americans suffering gas shortages, Buttigieg replied, “My message is that we understand these concerns.”

Buttigieg also urged Americas not to hoard gasoline.

“This is a time to be sensible and to be safe,” he said, adding, “Hoarding does not make things better, and under no circumstances should gasoline be put into anything but a vehicle directly or an approved container.”

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki did not say whether President Joe Biden had spoken personally to governors about the crisis but said Energy Secretary Granholm held a conference call with the governors of affected states.

Regan said the EPA would waive some fuel regulations, allowing producers to send more gasoline to affected areas, but admitted it was not enough.

“While the waiver alone will not resolve the supply situation, it will help alleviate supply shortages,” he said.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/05/12/day-five-team-biden-cant-say-when-gasoline-crisis-will-end/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Day Five: Team Biden Can’t Say When Gasoline Crisis Will End
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 07:27:52 pm »
The White House deployed Buttigieg and EPA Administrator Michael Regan to the press briefing to lead the messaging about handling the crisis.

But the two government officials only listed minor shuffling of government regulations to help alieve the crisis and ongoing communications and monitoring from government officials.

When asked what his message was to Americans suffering gas shortages, Buttigieg replied, “My message is that we understand these concerns.”

Buttigieg also urged Americas not to hoard gasoline.

OMG Buttigieg is in charge...kinda :whistle:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 08:38:41 pm »
Well, it's about 110 days into the Usurpation/Coup, there's only 1350 days left to go.

We need to make sure the Democrats enjoy every minute of it.   Don't let people with Jo-Ho stickers on their vehicle get in the gas line.   
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 08:42:17 pm »
That cancelled Keystone Pipe Line construction was kinda a Big Deal eh Jobama?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2021, 02:31:58 am »
It's curious, but under Trump we had no winter-time power failures, no spring-time pipeline hacks.   I'm expecting that Trump didn't have summer-time nationwide brownouts of autumn grain failures.

I'm pretty sure Team Usurper is planning for those to occur.

Oh.  Did I say it that way?  I don't know what I could have meant.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2021, 02:33:04 am »

Actually wouldn't have done anything to alleviate this other bit of pipeline sabotage.   But the last thing the Rodents want to do is spend US dollars improving US "infrastructure".   

Or allow the private market to improve it, either.  The goal is de-industrialization and terrorism.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 02:36:11 am by Sled Dog »

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2021, 03:40:52 am »
Not that I don't agree that Keystone was/is a big deal, but aren't we talking apples and oranges? I understood Keystone was to transport unrefined product and the reason this hacking was/is so crippling is because it transported refined product. If I'm wrong I will be happy to be corrected. In any case Biden can't say when the crisis will end because neither Trump or anyone else had a plan in place for him to steal and take credit for.