Author Topic: Ruling clears way for longer Chauvin sentence in George Floyd murder  (Read 219 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ruling clears way for longer Chauvin sentence in George Floyd murder
By Marty Johnson - 05/12/21 11:38 AM EDT

Hennepin County District Judge Peter Cahill has ruled that there were aggravating factors in former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin’s murder of George Floyd last May, a decision that could prompt a longer prison sentence for Chauvin.

In the ruling, which was filed Tuesday evening, Cahill concluded that Chauvin abused his “position of trust and authority” as a police officer and displayed “particular cruelty” when he knelt on Floyd’s neck for over nine minutes, killing him.

After a month-long trial that spanned from late March to mid-April, Chauvin was convicted of all three criminal counts he was facing: Second-degree murder, third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter.

Since the charges all stemmed from a single criminal action, Chauvin’s sentence will be determined by his most serious offense, second-degree murder.

The maximum sentence for second-degree murder in Minnesota is 40 years, though before Cahill’s ruling was handed down, most experts predicted that the former police officer wouldn’t serve anywhere close to that long because of the state’s presumptive sentencing guidelines, which give a recommended range based on the crime and a person's past criminal record.

Per the guidelines, the recommended sentence for Chauvin was 12.5 years, with a range of 10.67 years to 15 years.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/553097-ruling-clears-way-for-longer-chauvin-sentence-in-george-floyd-murder
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Well, according to the medical examiner, Floyd died of a drug overdose.  The corruption of the judicial system in Minnesota is disgusting.  It will take years, but Chauvin will be found not guilty in the end. 

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
The aggravating factors were:

The city awarding a settlement to the "victim's" family before a court ruled if the "victim" died of self-inflicted drug overdose or police misconduct.   The trial proved he died of his self-inflicted drug overdose and the arrest likely had nothing to do with his little airway problem.

The full year of nation-wide Get Out The Vote rioting using 2020's Horst Wessel substitute.

The threat of doxing presented to the jury members.

The non-sequestration of the jury.

The fact that the accused is not a POC, thus doubling his presumed guilt, when innocence is supposed to be the assumption.

And the last, but not least, aggravating factor?  This has never been anything but a political show trial, and show trials typically end in executions where possible, or die-in-horrible-prison sentences otherwise.

Chauvin will simply not find justice in the new race-based Just Us system.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Well, according to the medical examiner, Floyd died of a drug overdose.  The corruption of the judicial system in Minnesota is disgusting.  It will take years, but Chauvin will be found not guilty in the end.

Nope.  Not when we have a Supreme Court who can't even do what it takes to review transparently corrupt electoral practices.    Justice died in 2020, along with America.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Justice died long before 2020. 

We place people with law degrees, whose primary training is lying effectively on the bench.  Too many judges, even with law degrees are utterly clueless.

I remember when I was in divorce court waiting my turn among many. I oppose having only folks with law degrees as judges.   I had a female judge, commonly known as the hanging judge for husbands/fathers, repeatedly turned to my attorney sitting with me waiting for our chance to go before her, asking him questions on what the law was and what her options were.  I felt good that she kept turning to my attorney, but in the end, she slit the throat of every man that appeared before her.

True story.  Talking to my neighbor about it all, and he tells me his son is getting divorced too, and has the same hanging judge.  His son had three children, oldest a boy age 11.  The boy's mother coached the boy to kill his father, she promised to give him X, Y, Z if he did, so the boy stabs his father in the back.  Does not kill him.  When the father talks to his attorney handling the divorce, the attorney told him that it would do no good to mention the conspiracy to murder him by the other because the judge will not care.  Imagine!!!!  That b*tch has ruined more lives than one can count.  I am estranged from my children in large part because of her bias against fathers/men.

Minnesota has degenerated downward as far as one can go with their mob control.  A page right out of Soviet Russia.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
jafo wrote:
"Minnesota has degenerated downward as far as one can go with their mob control.  A page right out of Soviet Russia."

I believe MN has abolished the death penalty, does anyone know for sure?

Because -- if they still HAD it -- Chauvin would receive it.

Offline mountaineer

This case has been an injustice from the moment they loaded the dead guy into the bus. I only pray Chauvin gets a little justice, somehow.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org