Author Topic: Climate change requires population stabilization for America  (Read 320 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Climate change requires population stabilization for America
By Joseph Chamie, opinion contributor — 05/12/21 10:30 AM EDT

For America to deal effectively with climate change and many other critical environmental concerns, including biodiversity loss, deforestation, natural resource depletion, food production, pollution and congestion, requires a gradual transition to population stabilization.

That statement calling for the gradual stabilization of America’s population is basically the same unequivocal conclusion recommended by the U.S. Commission on Population and the American Future nearly 50 years ago.

When proposing the presidential advisory commission on population and America’s future in 1970, President Richard Nixon said, “One of the most serious challenges to human destiny in the last third of this century will be the growth of the population.” Since the former president’s remark uttered a half century ago, America’s population has grown from 205 million to 333 million and the world’s population has more than doubled, increasing from 3.7 billion in 1970 to 7.9 billion today.

In its summary submitted to the White House in 1972, the commission clearly reported its central finding, “[w]e have concluded that, in the long run, no substantial benefits will result from further growth of the Nation’s population, rather that the gradual stabilization of our population through voluntary means would contribute significantly to the Nation’s ability to solve its problems.”

More than half of America’s population growth in the past has been the result of immigration. Since the signing of the Declaration of Independence, for example, approximately 55 percent of America’s population growth from about 2.5 million in 1776 to 333 million in 2021 has been the result of immigration, i.e., immigrants and their descendants.

more
https://thehill.com/opinion/energy-environment/553003-climate-change-requires-population-stabilization-for-america
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

BassWrangler

Re: Climate change requires population stabilization for America
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 03:49:26 pm »
There was an article just a couple of days ago that said our birthrate has fallen below the number needed to sustain our population at current levels.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 04:38:18 pm »
There was an article just a couple of days ago that said our birthrate has fallen below the number needed to sustain our population at current levels.

It is an idea that necessarily ends in eugenics. Those deemed unproductive or undesirable will be killed. It happens every time.

BassWrangler

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 04:39:18 pm »
It is an idea that necessarily ends in eugenics. Those deemed unproductive or undesirable will be killed. It happens every time.

No doubt. Look at what the "one child" policy in China did to the female population there.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 04:43:08 pm »
I wonder who will be deemed undesirable in this cycle. Our government today seems to prefer poor, illiterate peasants from abroad to their own local born. I’m thinking it’ll be something along the lines of Pol Pot eliminating those wearing glasses.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2021, 04:46:02 pm »
I wonder who will be deemed undesirable in this cycle. Our government today seems to prefer poor, illiterate peasants from abroad to their own local born. I’m thinking it’ll be something along the lines of Pol Pot eliminating those wearing glasses.

oh that writing is already on the wall. White Christian rednecks, babies and old folks... Most of which is pointing at me.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2021, 04:46:39 pm »
oh that writing is already on the wall. White Christian rednecks, babies and old folks... Most of which is pointing at me.
if they can find you...

BassWrangler

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2021, 04:48:30 pm »

White males.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2021, 04:59:56 pm »
Oh, population stabilization for the US of A, eh?

I'm betting that doesn't mean "close the borders".

I'm betting that doesn't mean "restrict the breeding of the welfare classes".

I'm pretty sure it means Polar Bear Hunting.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2021, 05:04:51 pm »
No doubt. Look at what the "one child" policy in China did to the female population there.

Same for the soviets. Though I have an advantage - Sending me off to the gulags in the Boreal forest would be putting me where I would thrive. All I would have to do is get over that pesky fence.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2021, 05:05:25 pm »
I think lately, they'll just tag them as 'incels' and prevent them from legally reproducing by shunning them.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2021, 05:06:07 pm »
if they can find you...

That will be the trick. And certainly my advantage.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2021, 05:08:46 pm »
I think lately, they'll just tag them as 'incels' and prevent them from legally reproducing by shunning them.

Well they CAN, but that won't stop anything. Hillbillies have been operating outside of the system for generations. I see great sweeps coming - Sweeping everyone into the cities where they can be controlled. And if you go, you will be controlled. If you stay out and free, it is going to be damn hard. Even for me.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2021, 05:24:36 pm »

All roads lead to Soylent Green ... it's people!

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2021, 10:43:53 pm »
This is coming from the hill?

America cannot have population "stabilization" so long as it has unrestricted immigration -- or perhaps immigration AT ALL.

I'd prefer to see almost all immigration ENDED for 50-75 years, if not permanently.

If that means taking down the Statue of Liberty and packing it away in a barn someplace, so be it.

There are "limits to growth", just as there are to every other facet of life.

I preferred the country (and the population) back as it was around 1952 or so.
But then I'm a curmudgeon who cares not what others may think.