Author Topic: BREAKING: Liz Cheney Ousted From House Leadership  (Read 1353 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BREAKING: Liz Cheney Ousted From House Leadership
« on: May 12, 2021, 01:46:30 pm »
BREAKING: Liz Cheney Ousted from House Leadership
By Joe Cunningham | May 12, 2021 9:35 AM ET

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wy.) has been removed from House GOP leadership following a closed-door voice vote among Republicans in the chamber, according to multiple sources.

Cheney’s ouster comes following weeks of conflict with the rest of House Republican leadership and the general membership over her repeated public statements on the floor regarding the 2020 election, former-President Donald Trump, and the January 6 riot at the capitol building. Many of the president’s supporters called on leadership to hold a vote on removing her, which Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy granted earlier this week.

The Wednesday morning vote was held behind closed doors and was a voice vote, so there will be no count of who was officially for or against her, though some Republicans, like Lance Gooden of Texas, have publicly remarked on social media what their vote was.

more
https://redstate.com/joesquire/2021/05/12/liz-cheney-ousted-from-house-leadership-n378821
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: BREAKING: Liz Cheney Ousted From House Leadership
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 01:51:24 pm »
Good!  But I suspect she will be replaced with another RINO.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 01:57:54 pm »
This was all coordinated to set her up to run in 2024,  she will be the new media darling.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 02:00:43 pm »
....according to Axios, citing two sources in the room. The decision was made by voice vote - which means there will be no accounting for who voted her out, or who wanted her to stay. According to The Hill's sources, "it was an overwhelming vote against Cheney."

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/liz-cheney-ousted-leadership-post-house-republicans
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2021, 02:10:27 pm »
BREAKING: Liz Cheney IMMEDIATELY Takes Shot At Trump After Being Ousted As GOP Leader
https://trendingpolitics.com/breaking-liz-cheney-immediately-takes-shot-at-trump-after-being-ousted-as-gop-leader/
Support the USO

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2021, 02:18:53 pm »
This was all coordinated to set her up to run in 2024,  she will be the new media darling.

Yep CNN MSLSD and the alphabets  will leg hump her like she was the second coming of John McStain.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2021, 02:46:14 pm »
This would have been a good place for Cheney to rededicate herself to the people of Wyoming.  Since she has not, and has no intention of doing so, she should resign her seat and work full time to keep Trump from returning to the White House ....  She's consumed by hate.

https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/status/1392477057284771843

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2021, 02:49:38 pm »

She's the new media darling ... but this doesn't translate into a planned effort for her to run in 2024.  She had the support to ride this out, but lost it as her hate consumed her. 

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1392476031446028291

« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 02:51:05 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2021, 02:53:51 pm »
She's the new media darling ... but this doesn't translate into a planned effort for her to run in 2024.  She had the support to ride this out, but lost it as her hate consumed her. 

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1392476031446028291
apparently she hasn’t the common sense of most other NTers, who’ve tucked their heads in now that under the un-Trump the debt, inflation and crime are exploding, and war is breaking out abroad.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2021, 03:11:48 pm »
This would have been a good place for Cheney to rededicate herself to the people of Wyoming.  Since she has not, and has no intention of doing so, she should resign her seat and work full time to keep Trump from returning to the White House ....  She's consumed by hate.

That's an excellent observation @Right_in_Virginia.  Cheney's primary duty, and her only legitimacy, is the voters of Wyoming; had she any integrity she would re-focus on those fundamentals.

Instead she wants to be President of the Trump-Haters club, but as she will likely learn at the next election, that club doesn't have representation in the US HoR.
James 1:20

BassWrangler

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2021, 03:17:34 pm »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2021, 03:30:48 pm »
FTA:

There is currently no word on who will officially replace her, though Rep. Elise Stefanik has made a very public play for the spot and has received key endorsements for the job.

Now comes the true test of whether or not McCarthy can ram through a true-blue RINO for Caucus leader.  He wants Stefanik, as do others in Leadership, and if he gets his way it's back to "Same Shit Sandwich, Different Day." 

The future of the GOP is now in McCarthy's hands, so may God save us.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2021, 03:35:53 pm »
FTA:

Now comes the true test of whether or not McCarthy can ram through a true-blue RINO for Caucus leader.  He wants Stefanik, as do others in Leadership, and if he gets his way it's back to "Same Shit Sandwich, Different Day." 

The future of the GOP is now in McCarthy's hands, so may God save us.

I'm sure he'll consult with his 'landlord' friend, Frank Luntz about the matter.   :bolt:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2021, 03:37:41 pm »
Support the USO

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2021, 03:38:08 pm »
I'm sure he'll consult with his 'landlord' friend, Frank Luntz about the matter.   :bolt:

Beat me too IT!   LOL

888high58888

Offline bilo

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2021, 04:05:21 pm »
apparently she hasn’t the common sense of most other NTers, who’ve tucked their heads in now that under the un-Trump the debt, inflation and crime are exploding, and war is breaking out abroad.

Is it common sense or just wanting to be back in the majority?

The only way they get back to being the majority party is with Trump. Everything that's going wrong right now Trump predicted. It's so obvious the Rats are clueless.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2021, 04:07:43 pm »

https://twitter.com/CortesSteve/status/1392478924551172096

Offline skeeter

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2021, 04:08:47 pm »
Is it common sense or just wanting to be back in the majority?

The only way they get back to being the majority party is with Trump. Everything that's going wrong right now Trump predicted. It's so obvious the Rats are clueless.
Exactly right, or so common sense would imply...

Online Wingnut

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2021, 04:22:40 pm »

Add to those numbers...the NT'ers.   But hey once again we must say, we have no mean tweets from the bad old Orange man to trigger the mentally ill.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2021, 04:29:59 pm »
FOX News Anchor Bret Baier: Liz Cheney Probably Got Support Based on this Move – 100 GOP Lawmakers May Form New Party (VIDEO)
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/05/fox-news-anchor-bret-baier-liz-cheney-probably-got-support-based-move-100-gop-lawmakers-may-form-new-party-video/
Support the USO

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2021, 04:34:48 pm »
FTA:

I know a lot of folks in Twitterville are really dumping on Stefanik.  And I understand why.  Her early voting record reflected the wishes of Paul Ryan.  When she entered Congress in 2014 she was 30 years old (the youngest member) and taken under the tutelage of the Paul Ryan wing, who would go on to serve as Speaker until his resignation in 2019. 

I think Stefanik had two epiphanies.

The first was in 2018 when she witnessed first hand her constituents reactions to President Trump (who was campaigning for her):

And the second was during Impeachment I when she got to see for herself what was really going on and to know the President personally-- unfiltered through Ryan. She formally switched teams at this point, IMHO.

The President had a long talk with Stefanik before he announced his endorsement of her for the leadership position.  FWIW, I think she's on the Trump Train.  I'd like to see her spend some time with Matt Gates and Marjorie Taylor Greene --- maybe tag along at the America First Rallies they're holding.

I also think this is where are focus should be now:   888blackhat

https://twitter.com/BullMooseProj/status/1389990372718301192