Author Topic: Cheney in defiant floor speech: Trump on 'crusade to undermine our democracy'  (Read 916 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cheney in defiant floor speech: Trump on 'crusade to undermine our democracy'
By Cristina Marcos - 05/11/21 08:39 PM EDT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIBD5Vngpso

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) warned in a fiery floor speech on the eve of her expected ouster from House GOP leadership that the decision by many in her party to enable former President Trump's falsehoods about his election loss risked undermining American democracy.

Cheney, who currently serves as chair of the House Republican Conference, made clear in her Tuesday night floor speech that she isn't backing down against the former president, despite the expected cost to her political ambitions in the House.

“Every one of us who has sworn the oath must act to prevent the unraveling of our democracy. This is not about policy. This is not about partisanship. This is about our duty as Americans," Cheney said.

"Remaining silent and ignoring the lie emboldens the liar," Cheney continued. "I will not participate in that. I will not sit back and watch in silence while others lead our party down a path that abandons the rule of law, and joins the former president's crusade to undermine our democracy."

Cheney warned that the U.S. faces an unprecedented threat to its democratic process with Trump continuing to claim that President Biden was not legitimately elected.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/553019-cheney-in-defiant-floor-speech-trump-on-crusade-to-undermine-our-democracy
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
What democrats are busy doing behind the scenes, they vigorously blame on their political opposition.  It was Obama who demanded the Constitution be set aside and ignored, and Biden marches to Obamas orders.  More lieing deceits to get away with destroying our Country from within and blame shift,as usual.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Well, the broad is right.

Our freedom can only survive if we defend it.  That means kicking treasonous bitches like her out of seats of power.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Cool. At least she is 'out' about how much she hates and despises anyone or anything which is even slightly American.

Cheney is more a far-Left ideologue than Obama himself. She is farther Left than Karl Marx.

All she needs is a castle with a dungeon, a guillotine, and a torture chamber.
Then we could all call her 'Bloody Mary'. This is a person full of HATE.
She is driven by irrational HATE. I hope it consumes her,
which is the usual outcome of this kind of psychoses'.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline christian

240b, don't forget machineguns, Pelosi loves machineguns if they are to be used on the populace.

Offline skeeter

240b, don't forget machineguns, Pelosi loves machineguns if they are to be used on the populace.
Have you noticed how little we've seen of that sagging despotic souse lately?

Offline christian

240b:
Cool. At least she is 'out' about how much she hates and despises anyone or anything which is even slightly American.

Isn't it amazing how she sounds so much like our very own NeverTrumpers ?  Annihilate America to save America, now who could be smart enough to see through that ?
 ****slapping

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Yes, President Trump's demands that elections be fair, honest and lawful is clear a threat to the Democracy.   Notice the capitalization.

Requiring audits when the election is clearly a fraud, well, that could   uncover voter fraud only if voter fraud happened.  So Trump is clearly wrong is demanding that.  Because everyone knows voter fraud happened.  Especially the Never Trumpers.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
You can stick your "democracy" where the sun doesn't shine Ms. Cheney!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
You would have thought that daddy would have told Liz