Author Topic: House Democrats eye vote next week to form Jan. 6 commission  (Read 1335 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Democrats eye vote next week to form Jan. 6 commission
By Mike Lillis - 05/11/21 12:41 PM EDT

House Democrats are eyeing a vote as early as next week on legislation to create an independent commission to investigate the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) announced Tuesday.

Separately, Democratic leaders are considering the same timeline to move a bill providing additional funding to secure the Capitol complex — an issue of heightened urgency since the Jan. 6 rampage.

"That assumes both are them are ready, and I hope they will be," Hoyer said on a press call.

"In both instances, we are now four months from the Jan. 6 date. Frankly, I would have hoped both of these bills would have passed a month, two months ago," Hoyer added. "That hasn't been the case, so there's some, from my perspective, a need to accelerate the consideration of these bills."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/552879-house-democrats-eye-vote-next-week-to-form-jan-6-commission
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: House Democrats eye vote next week to form Jan. 6 commission
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 01:09:50 am »
Will they play "the videos"?
Will that be in public or closed session...?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 01:45:16 am »
Maybe they should do some 'commissioning' on Seattle, Portland, Minneapolis, etc. , too
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 05:27:54 am »
Democrats pack commissions and investigations to the outcome is determined before the aforementioned meets its first day.  Common people, focus, we know this from investigations and commissions going back many years.  Nothing new here, with democrats its either white wash, or kangaroo courts, and purging of innocent people, lynchins.
 So many people in denial, pretending they were born yesterday.
 ****slapping 22222frying pan ****slapping
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2021, 02:24:05 am »
Can't they save some tax dollars and simply have the NY Slimes Fiction team write up the accusations and "facts" and charges?
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2021, 07:43:16 am »
Can't they save some tax dollars and simply have the NY Slimes Fiction team write up the accusations and "facts" and charges?
They have to make sure all the video gets erased first.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2021, 01:07:36 am »
By the time the DCP is done with things, January 6, 2021 will have become "the Second Holocaust". It may even get a museum of its own.

(DCP = democrat-communist party)

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2021, 01:35:57 am »
Please let this happen.  I want Trump occupying their heads for the remainder of their pathetic lives.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2021, 03:55:08 pm »
Lawmakers reach agreement on bipartisan Jan. 6 commission

Lawmakers on the House Homeland Security Committee reached an agreement Friday on legislation to establish a bipartisan 9/11-style commission to review the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol ahead of an expected vote next week.

The bill would include an equal number of Democrats and Republicans, offering a chance to cap a lengthy negotiation between congressional leaders.

“It is imperative that we seek the truth of what happened on January 6 with an independent, bipartisan 9/11-type Commission to examine and report upon the facts, causes and security relating to the terrorist mob attack,” Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said in a statement.

“Today a bipartisan agreement to form such a commission has been reached, with legislation to create it set to reach the Floor as soon as next week.”

The legislation calls for an investigation into the riot and “the interference with the peaceful transfer of power, including facts and causes relating to the preparedness and response of the United States Capitol Police... as well as the influencing factors that fomented such attack on American representative democracy.”

The commission would include 10 members with expertise in law enforcement and national security backgrounds, with each party appointing five.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/553529-lawmakers-reach-agreement-on-bipartisan-jan-6-commission
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2021, 03:57:47 pm »
Another kangaroo commission from the house. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2021, 04:27:18 pm »

The kanagaroo kommission could actually distract the Dems from implementing more of their agenda before the 2022 elections.  It could also prove to swing voters that the Dems care more about re-litigating their political vandettas than governing.  Their Trump Derangement Syndrome could be used against them by the GOP to take back Congress.  Let Cheeto Jesus work another miracle by dominating the news cycles and starving the Biden agenda of any positive media coverage.

Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2021, 07:31:18 am »
The kanagaroo kommission could actually distract the Dems from implementing more of their agenda before the 2022 elections.  It could also prove to swing voters that the Dems care more about re-litigating their political vandettas than governing.  Their Trump Derangement Syndrome could be used against them by the GOP to take back Congress.  Let Cheeto Jesus work another miracle by dominating the news cycles and starving the Biden agenda of any positive media coverage.
You don't need positive news coverage if you own the algorithms for the tabulation devices. You don't need any voters, either, just the file data.

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2021, 01:56:10 pm »
 GOP Lawmaker Caves On Democrats’ 9/11-Style Commission To Investigate Capitol Riot
May 14, 2021 By Jordan Davidson

Republicans on the House Homeland Security Committee have caved to Democrats’ demands for a 9/11-style commission to investigate the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.

GOP Rep. John Katko, the ranking member on the committee, led negotiations with the Democrats to reach a consensus about the commission. His support for the commission is being marketed by the corporate media as “bipartisan support, but the New York representative is one of few Republicans in the House who voted to impeach former President Donald Trump the second time Democrats targeted him. Katko also blames Trump for causing the “insurrection” at the Capitol.

“By deliberately promoting baseless theories suggesting the election was somehow stolen, the president created a combustible environment of misinformation, disenfranchisement, and division. When this manifested in violent acts on January 6th, he refused to promptly and forcefully call it off, putting countless lives in danger,” Katko said in a statement in January.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2021/05/14/gop-lawmaker-caves-on-democrats-9-11-style-commission-to-investigate-capitol-riot/
Support the USO

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2021, 03:08:12 pm »
Katco was one of the ten RINO traitors who voted to Impeach private citizen Donald Trump in January.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2021, 03:17:14 pm »

The kangaroo kommission could become a distraction machine that sucks the oxygen from advancing the Biden agenda in Congress.
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2021, 04:45:01 pm »

Agreed.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2021, 01:47:17 am »
The 9/11 commission was rigged, too, with the author of the Memo that stovepiped intel and made it possible heading the Commission (Jamie Gorelick)

C S Lewis