General Category > Politics/Government

House Democrats eye vote next week to form Jan. 6 commission

(1/4) > >>

mystery-ak:
House Democrats eye vote next week to form Jan. 6 commission
By Mike Lillis - 05/11/21 12:41 PM EDT

House Democrats are eyeing a vote as early as next week on legislation to create an independent commission to investigate the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) announced Tuesday.

Separately, Democratic leaders are considering the same timeline to move a bill providing additional funding to secure the Capitol complex — an issue of heightened urgency since the Jan. 6 rampage.

"That assumes both are them are ready, and I hope they will be," Hoyer said on a press call.

"In both instances, we are now four months from the Jan. 6 date. Frankly, I would have hoped both of these bills would have passed a month, two months ago," Hoyer added. "That hasn't been the case, so there's some, from my perspective, a need to accelerate the consideration of these bills."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/552879-house-democrats-eye-vote-next-week-to-form-jan-6-commission

Fishrrman:
Will they play "the videos"?
Will that be in public or closed session...?

Smokin Joe:
Maybe they should do some 'commissioning' on Seattle, Portland, Minneapolis, etc. , too

christian:
Democrats pack commissions and investigations to the outcome is determined before the aforementioned meets its first day.  Common people, focus, we know this from investigations and commissions going back many years.  Nothing new here, with democrats its either white wash, or kangaroo courts, and purging of innocent people, lynchins.
 So many people in denial, pretending they were born yesterday.
 ****slapping 22222frying pan ****slapping

Sled Dog:
Can't they save some tax dollars and simply have the NY Slimes Fiction team write up the accusations and "facts" and charges?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version